Author Topic: Rip-off prices of pet meds  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Rip-off prices of pet meds
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 00:41:47 AM »
Frontline is fine for pregnant & lactating cats - not sure about other meds though.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 22:27:02 PM »
You didnt need to buy 6 from the vets - they sell them individually too.  Didnt you say that one of the cats is pregnant?  If so you may need to check what tratments are safe?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline louise_81

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 20:14:13 PM »
I couldn't believe the cost of frontline at my vets!! £35 for 6, the girls need treating ASAP, so I paid, but going to vet uk next time £16 for 6

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Rip-off prices of pet meds
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 20:06:05 PM »
I was googling to see if I can get any information on transdermal benazepril (fortekor) and saw that Novartis sell a Generic version. 10 x 10mg pack for £4.30 - eqivilent to 40 Fortekor. So about 1/4 the price.
http://www.unitedpharmacies.co.uk/Benace_Benazepril__10mg_10_Tablets_p_672.html

btw - I found a paper that was done at Kent University ansd it seems the drug is one they suggested as suitable for transdermal application. Still nothing approved. All a bit complicated ofr my little brain which I am racking t find a way to get meds into Willow.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat