Author Topic: prices for high quality wet food  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: prices for high quality wet food
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »
I think this is one of those been there, done that, got the Tshirt threads :innocent:

I was so fed up of wasting expensive food that I invested in 12 small containers from Lakeland and now freeze everything not eaten within a couple of hours - and by adding a little water to the food I am getting more iliquid into them this way as well
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 10:22:57 AM »
can't remember, I'd have to have a look at it, if it is one that has maggoty looking bits in it then yes!!! - I'm starting to think I'll never get them all eating the same

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
Have you tried animonda carny from zooplus?  It has a high meat content and is very cost effective if you buy the 400g tins.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »
sorry Mark, yes I did try the sainsburys one but with limited sucess (only Amber!) and yes Karen I used to use natures menu but they went off it - I really want to get to a situation where all three eat the same but maybe that just won't ever happen

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 19:51:16 PM »
Have you tried Natures Menu?

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 19:10:22 PM »
The standout favourite of my superfussy cat is Almo Nature BioPatè.  It is about 50% Tuna, 10-15% chicken/sardine/mackerel, the rest rice and the cooking liquid, absolutely no additives.  For being almo nature the price is surprisingly reasonable, about 1,20-1,30€ in italy (I think it's like just over £1) for 170gx2 tins.  Considering also that my cat usually doesn't care for tuna packed for cats, he only likes human tunas and this is the only "cat tuna" he enjoys, the quality must be much higher than other "cat tunas".

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/almo_nature/pouch_jelly/42089

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 19:10:17 PM »
Porta21 is all meat or fish, and the 400gms tins are good value IMO from Zooplus, as the food is more filling than cheaper kinds

I usually dish out half a tin and freeze the rest, as it is so difficult to get them to eat any food more than a couple of times in succession
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 19:01:44 PM »
Have you tried the Sainsbury's one I mentioned before - I think it is 14% of named meat+ it has probiotics. Tesco also do a version but theirs has funny things like cranberry or carrots added.

Also Classic cat food which has no cereal at all. I keep hearing good things about it. I'm sure someone said last week that they have seen it in pouches as well.

Even the ones that say 4% meat are higher. It is 4% of named flavour is all.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 19:04:15 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 18:24:31 PM »
Almo nature in pouches or tins?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
prices for high quality wet food
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 15:31:23 PM »
I am still trying to find a decent quality (well more than 4% meat!!) food that mine will all eat - I've tried bozita, purely, high life, yarrah, and another one beginning with c from zooplus (sorry can't remember the name ) but can't please all of them  Oscar and Tilly currently unmoveable from AGAIL and Amber eats purely or the turkey and rice tray from tesco

the only thing I have found so far is almo nature that they will all eat but tbh the price is prohibitive for everyday - is there anything similar that is a bit cheaper???

Link to CatChat