Author Topic: Mabel - 1 year on  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Mabel - 1 year on
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »
Thanks - Mabel wasn't fostered though, I actually did adopt her.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 20:25:32 PM »
Lovely looking girl was Mabel. And she couldn't have found a better foster home and a more compassionate person to live out the end of her life with, Desley.  :hug:

RIP Mabel.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 16:37:16 PM »
Thanks everyone
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 15:10:27 PM »
Her face was so beautiful! RIP Mabel x

Des you did her proud as you do your other babes!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 01:03:15 AM »
Mabel was stunning Des and so pleased she spent her last days being looked after by you  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 20:59:44 PM »
 :hug: what a lovely girl and so lucky to have had time with you Desley  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 20:39:36 PM »
:grouphug:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 20:15:04 PM »
 :hug: :hug:
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 19:10:44 PM »
they didn't ask to come into rescue cos their owner was too ill to look after them, and they didn't deserve to be ignored simply because of their age.

That says it all, really  :hug:

In remembrance of Mabel...

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Mabel - 1 year on
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 18:56:36 PM »
Can't believe it is a year today since I had to let Mabel go, it was one of the hardest decisions, as she had spent over a year in rescue and I wanted her to have much longer than 5 short weeks in a home but sadly it wasn't to be. Even though I went to that rescue just for a look around (I was told they didn't have any oldies in!!), I was clearly destined to adopt her to allow her a home environment at the end, although she had to spend quite a bit of time in isolation as she would eat everyone else's food which made her worse. Quite ironic that I adopted her to help me get over the loss of Rosie and instead I ended up losing 2 in 6 weeks. I posted this on CatChat a couple of days after, and I find it quite ironic to read it back today - I have fostered 6 oldies (7 if you count the one the vet estimated at between 8 and 12), and with having to take on Sam as a permanent cat this week, it is quite apt timing really.

I am really pleased that she got a home life, even if I didnt quite get what I expected, losing 2 in 6 weeks is hard, and I am very emotional still - part of me thinks that I should cut back a lot on the oldies, as I am a lot more emotional than I used to be, but then i look round, I have a 15yo on my knee, and an 18yo on the bed, both had been in rescue for months cos no one would take them on (they were both younger at the rescue too, 13 and 17), and at least one would be dead now cos she was depressed in a rescue, and they make me realise why I do this, it isn't about me, it is about giving as many cats like these two the chance they have had, they didn't ask to come into rescue cos their owner was too ill to look after them, and they didn't deserve to be ignored simply because of their age. I will have a break from taking oldies in (well, i say that, I generally don't choose them, a sob story makes me open my heart up again!!), and when I am that bit stronger, or simply when one comes that I can't turn away, I will have another oldie, as it would dishonour all my bridge babes memory if I do that, and leave more oldies to go unwanted in a rescue.

RIP Mabel, it is a shame I didn't get to you sooner, but at least you got your home life in the end

Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat