Author Topic: I'm considering helping at the local Rescue.  (Read 2426 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: I'm considering helping at the local Rescue.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 02:46:20 AM »
Hope it went well  ;D

I used to play netball in that area for Northwood who were based in Northwood Hills, quite a long time ago now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:46:50 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:18 PM »
I'll have to come down after work one week - make sure I leave empty handed!

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »
Well, tonight is the night, I'm going over to the rescue after work.  The homing event starts from 6pm but I'm going to get there a little earlier so I can take in some of their processes and have a decent chat with them before the lovely peeps looking for a furbaby arrive.

Plus, I get to meet Daisymac tonight as she's coming along to check them out too.... I can't wait!!

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 20:14:33 PM »
Fingers crossed you enjoy it, I am proof that you can do a lot of voluntary work and not have high numbers of cats - I am sort of at 3, but 2 out of the three wouldnt be with me through choice!! I do deliberately keep my numbers down to have the space and time to foster more cats, as I Can ultimately help more cats that way, and I still get my kitty fix
Please spay your cat

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 18:01:20 PM »
Cool, no worries x

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 17:52:03 PM »
It's Cat and Kiitten Rescue.  They don't have a website (to my knowledge) but have a page on catchat.  If you look in Bucks, they're the top one.  They have bases in Watford, Amersham, Harpenden, Harrow, Uxbridge, Borehamwood, Buckingham, Hemel, Houghton Regis, Kentish Town, Caddlington and Chesham.

I've offered to help in Amersham as that's the closest one to us.

I will probably be up for it,  I will contact you early in the week xxxx

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 17:40:50 PM »
It's Cat and Kiitten Rescue.  They don't have a website (to my knowledge) but have a page on catchat.  If you look in Bucks, they're the top one.  They have bases in Watford, Amersham, Harpenden, Harrow, Uxbridge, Borehamwood, Buckingham, Hemel, Houghton Regis, Kentish Town, Caddlington and Chesham.

I've offered to help in Amersham as that's the closest one to us.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 17:35:22 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and emailed them last night.  I've had response this afternoon inviting me over to a homing event in Amersham on Thursday evening from 6pm so I can get to see their set-up and what happens at the events.  I've already seen a bit of the unit they're "borrowing" over there as that's where we went to meet Spot but ended up coming home with Samson :evillaugh:

Apparently they're holding the homing events weekly at the moment so this could definately be a regular thing.

DM, if you're free and fancy coming along let me know.  I'm sure it won't be an issue with the rescue.  They seem desperate for help!

Really going to have to try hard to resist starting a collection, Hubby has already warned me off a gorgeous little kitten I saw on their catchat page last night :Luv2:
What rescue is it Sam ?
xx

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 17:04:49 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and emailed them last night.  I've had response this afternoon inviting me over to a homing event in Amersham on Thursday evening from 6pm so I can get to see their set-up and what happens at the events.  I've already seen a bit of the unit they're "borrowing" over there as that's where we went to meet Spot but ended up coming home with Samson :evillaugh:

Apparently they're holding the homing events weekly at the moment so this could definately be a regular thing.

DM, if you're free and fancy coming along let me know.  I'm sure it won't be an issue with the rescue.  They seem desperate for help!

Really going to have to try hard to resist starting a collection, Hubby has already warned me off a gorgeous little kitten I saw on their catchat page last night :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 15:51:10 PM »
Am sure they'd be very grateful of the help  :) Definitely a slippery slope to acquiring a football team though  :evillaugh:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:49 AM »
Football team ??,  me,  never !!   :rofl: 
Steve has them in pre-season training at the moment,  the new addition used to play for Paws Inn but we transferred him for an undisclosed sum,  he is now part of Barwood United.

Let me know about what they are up to as a Rescue,  I wouldnt mind helping out either,  I am so close to you so maybe we could do things together,  I am a confident driver so dont mind doing the driving bit  :hug:

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
I'm considering helping at the local Rescue.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 23:06:56 PM »
Even though we now have the furbaby of our dreams  :Luv2: I do keep popping back to look at the rescue's website to see what little bundles of joy they have at the moment and to see whether any of the puds who were there at the same time as Samson have been rehomed yet.

Tonight I've seen a notice on there asking for people in Bucks/Beds/ Herts/Middx areas to help with their homing events.

Now that I've finished my college course and have decided against doing the MA at uni this year, I am sorely tempted to help them out.

I'm not a confident driver so wouldn't really want to do the ferrying about jobs however I'm more than happy to rack up to assist with setting up the homing events, help our during and cleaning up after etc.

Silly question but do you think I should offer my help or would this be the beginning of the slippery slope into acquiring a football team to play against Daisymac's???  ;)

Link to CatChat