Author Topic: Meet my mum's shy cat Shelley  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Meet my mum's shy cat Shelley
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 11:15:05 AM »
Might be £9.84. If Byron likes Felix, it is currently cheaper in Morrisons than PAH
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
I personally use JWB for Sam, although Purely states it is hypoallergenic - I dont like the smell of it though, so they dont get a lot of that. You can buy individual tins of Classic in Wilkinsons, it stopped Sam's gums being red in a couple of days, but now the fussy butter wont eat it!!
Jane - it is on offer in PAH at the moment, £9something for 24 tins.

;D Thanks Desley I may pop there this afternoon
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
The only other cats here who would eat it where the hoovers that ate absolutely anything put in front of them, they were fantastic for eating all the wet and dry no one else would have, one good advantage of fostering!! i think it is Mark, but can't be bothered to walk downstairs to find a tin.
I think it is a bit cheaper than 50p, although might be 45p - I know it is cheaper than Whiskas
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »
I know mine won't touch it - I bought one tin which they ate but when I bought a multipack, they wouldn't go near it  :tired:

Apparently, Classic is recommended for diabetic cats as well - I could be wrong but think it may be cereal-free?

Thanks Desley - I will let my mum know. She lives around the corner from a shopping centre with a Wilkinsons. :) - Her cat is really fussy but it's worth chancing 50p for a can  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »
I personally use JWB for Sam, although Purely states it is hypoallergenic - I dont like the smell of it though, so they dont get a lot of that. You can buy individual tins of Classic in Wilkinsons, it stopped Sam's gums being red in a couple of days, but now the fussy butter wont eat it!!
Jane - it is on offer in PAH at the moment, £9something for 24 tins.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 19:33:12 PM »
I'm not sure that she has - any hypoallergenic biscuits in particular? - she is a really picker eater, in fact my mum says she eats so little, it is a wonder she doesn't fade away.

Has she tried her on Classic Cat food Mark? IT does help a lot with gums, and hypoallergenic biscuits help a lot too

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 19:24:25 PM »
Byron loves Classic Desley, thanks for telling me about that  :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 19:24:10 PM »
Aw bless her - I agree about the stern look on her face bless her.  Hope she doesn't hide away all the time.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 19:07:56 PM »
Has she tried her on Classic Cat food Mark? IT does help a lot with gums, and hypoallergenic biscuits help a lot too
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 23:43:46 PM »
Lovely tortie  :Luv2: - funny, my mum had a tortie just like that....and also called Shelly.   :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 23:31:01 PM »
It look like she has one white whisker  :Luv2:. She has all her teeth - she is only 4 or 5. She was 18 months when my mum got her from CP but needed treatment from the start.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 23:15:38 PM »
 :( Poor girl, Schui suffered with his gums too until he had all his teeth out has she any teeth Mark?

I don't think you saw this before - as she got 1 thick white whiska like what Schui had aswell or am I seeing things?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 23:16:57 PM by Janeyk »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 23:14:43 PM »
She's a lovely girl, Mark. There's something very rewarding about attention from a nervous cat. ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 23:15:01 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 23:08:09 PM »
She Let OH fuss her before the kids arrived but she stayed in her hidey hole even after they left. She has bad gums and is always at the vet for them poor baby  :(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 23:04:51 PM »
aww tell your mum I just love her  Mark :Luv2:

She has a sadish-stern look just like Schui had  :)  and you just want to hug her, what lovely colours too  :Luv:

eta:  has she got 1 thick white whiska like what Schui had aswell or am I seeing things?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 23:06:48 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Meet my mum's shy cat Shelley
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 22:59:53 PM »
She wouldn't come out from behind the sofa as she is terrified of children and my nephews were there. She was rescued from a Junky house and has never quite settled down but my mum loves her anyway  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 23:01:06 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat