Author Topic: Never ordering from VetUK again  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Never ordering from VetUK again
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 14:25:02 PM »
The part order came today. I'm just glad I saw their email. He seems a bit better today. He was on the landing croaking for me to go down and feed him at 5.30am when I got up  :Luv2: - He went back up to bed but hasn'tbeen down again since - could be that I have had the vacuum cleaner on a lot (spring cleaning so using the duster attachment)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 23:42:50 PM »
He has also had some cooked mince and seems OK - he even had a little go in the garden - for all of 30 seconds until he heard a noise and is npow back upstairs  :Luv2:

I was about 3 month ago that Clapton decided to sleep on the stairs all day. Over the last week he has started sleeping on a pillow on the bed.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 23:35:14 PM »
Sorry to hear about your order and Poor Clapton, I do agree that the weather is affecting the cats alot.  I would probably guess that the stairs may be cooler Mark? cats are odd sometimes though they have all these lovely soft beds and would rather lay on the hard floor  :doh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 23:29:21 PM »
I think its the weather Mark as my lot aren,t eating much at the moment, as for Clapton sleeping on the stairs George my oldest has slept on the 2nd stairs down for almost 3 months now, he will not go anywhere else no matter how hard i try to move him somewhere more comfortable, this is okay until he turns round in the night and misses the step then he yowls like mad cause hes lost bless him :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 20:42:32 PM »
Thanks Moira  :)

He came down for the first time about an hour ago and had a few mouthfuls of Purina renal wet and then wanted something else so I let him have Whiskas senior whitefish in gravy (another favourite  :evillaugh: )
He is back on the stairs - an odd place but he seems to like it. I'm hoping the vetbed gold will make him sleep somewhere more comfortable.

Offline moiramassey

• Adult Cat
  • Moira's Mitzi
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 19:32:23 PM »
I have also had this problem with VetUK.

I can't understand why their stocking keeping information is not good enough for it to be clear during ordering whether the product is available or not. That's 'the norm' for most online shopping sites these days. That, married to the problem that they obviously process the orders 'by hand' during office hours, means it can be some time before they tell the buyer about the problem.

Thinking of you and Clapton.

Blacken, Mini, Flynn and Mitzi
"One cat just leads to another" Ernest Hemingway

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 18:47:27 PM »
I try t order in good time but expect 48 hours to be enough. IMO, if something is shown as in stock, it is their lookout if they run out?

I would have been really annoyed had they left it over 24hrs to tell me the ipakitine is out of stock. As it is, Clapton has been doing quite well but he hasn't been downstairs today as far as I know, I took him one of his favourite foods to the bedroom but it remained untouched. At lunchtime, I carried him downstairs and gave him another favourite treat - Sheba salmon in Jelly but he just licked the jelly. I am hoping it is the heat but have to face facts - it's 2 1/2 years since he was diagnosed  :(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 18:27:11 PM »
Its annoying when companies hold orders. I had the same thing with the place I order Sam's Rutin from, I'd ordered some other things as well, and one of them wasnt in stock, so they delayed until they were in, meanwhile I ran out of the rutin. Mind you I supposed ordering before you actually run out is a good idea - but I've just got so used to ordering things and getting them  the next day that I leave until the last possible moment! Just in Time Ordering LOL! (like the supermarkets aim to do, but in practice it doesnt happen!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 17:49:10 PM »
They have just replied saying the Ipakitine and one box of the food were despatched today. IMO they should have done that anyway rather than assume it was OK to send the order as & when?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Never ordering from VetUK again
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 14:39:31 PM »
I placed an order first thing yesterday and just this minute got an email saying they are out of stock of VetBed Gold so will despach my order early next week the day it comes in. Clapton's Ipakitine will run out tomorrow morning latest and he won't eat food with Renalzin in  >:( - They have peed me off one time too many  >:(

I have emailed them saying I must have the ipakitine despatched!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 14:43:08 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat