Author Topic: Vibes for Korky please - He's gone to the bridge  (Read 16460 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Vibes for Korky please
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 23:22:27 PM »
Sending loads of positive vibes for Korky and lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 23:04:28 PM »
Sending lots of good wishes for Korky  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 22:40:33 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes  :hug: The fact that he's still eating, his eyes are bright and his coat is good all sound quite positive though, maybe there is some hope? 

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Vibes for Korky please - He's gone to the bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 22:32:42 PM »
As many of you know, Korky has had CRF for about 3 years now but despite worsening numbers he remained clinically well until about a couple of weeks ago when he back legs started to let him down.  I know this can happen in the later stages of the disease but the onset was so sudden and the progression so fast.  He's seen two vets and both say the same thing - arthritis of the spine.  Because of his CRF he can't have  NSAIDS so basically there is nothing to be done.  I was hoping a blood test might show he was deficient in potsassium which can be treated but it hasn't.  Its breaking my heart to see my big, strong boy so reduced.  He can hardly walk at all and I think his quality of life is probably unacceptable.  Its so hard to think of letting let go though - he's still eating,  his coat is lovely and his eyes are bright.  But he spends most of his day under the bed, just coming out to eat and use his tray.  I've got some homeopathic medicine to try and the vet said if we don't see an effect after 2 weeks then its unlikely to happen.  One week has passed with no response - in fact he's worse - so please send some positive vibes his way if you've any to spare.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:57:12 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Link to CatChat