Author Topic: Cattersea  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cattersea
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 14:46:38 PM »
I went to vist the cats at Battersea in 2004 cos was tryting to find somewhere I could help while waiting to move. The cat side was still quite small, well the bit open to the public.

Think its a gret idea for them to expand it cos they also have good veteriany sp? facilties there I believe.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
Fingers crossed it all goes well Pav.  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:07:47 AM »
Lexy's a Battersea cat. Had to go through intensive interview. No homechecks though. Mum's cat is another.
Ruth, i homed Boy from Mayhew and there was no home checks, only interview to ask if i had a cat flap and a garden!
I was told he has to go to a home with no men, kids or other pets but was not told about his background!It was only after i was  attacked by him when my foot touched him while he was sitting in bathroom in dark and i ended up in hospital i went back to Mayhew to see what was the reason that he went for me and only then i was told that in his first home the guy and his kids use to kick him around and he was rehomed 3 times and was returned. So sad.That was March 2000 and i thought they didnt do a home check cos they were happy just to re- home a more difficult cat but then in 2001 i addopted DD and she came home with me with no home checks only after 9 months they sent some one to see if she was doing OK? By that time they knew me because of homing Boy and being a supporter but i wonder if the big rescues dont always bother with home checks for more difficult cats !!
I do hope so Mark, cos London like any other place can do with more rescues.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 00:06:27 AM »
Lexy's a Battersea cat. Had to go through intensive interview. No homechecks though. Mum's cat is another.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 23:54:54 PM »
I remember going there with a new flatmate in 1983 (who turned out to be a psycho) and he was handed a kitten without any checks and it was riddled with fleas - hopefully they have improved since then.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 23:47:01 PM »
That sounds great Pav  :) hope they get lots of support too!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Cattersea
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 23:42:26 PM »
I was in train today when i saw this tabby face in Bond Street tube station and it said Cattersea so of course i had to get out and check :)

Battersea is opening a new cattery section and the ad was to ask public if they can help.

I think is great that they are opening a new section for cats , last time i was there was in 1980 when i lost my cat Mickey and went there to see if he was in there, and they had this really small section for cats, sadly Mickey wasn't there but they were really helpful and i went to look at the dogs section too :Luv:
I know they have expanded since 1980's and have a bigger place for cats  but hoping that the big firms and businesses do help and support them to make a bigger and better place for needy cats. :)

Link to CatChat