Author Topic: New Sofa Tips  (Read 2096 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: New Sofa Tips
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 15:14:04 PM »
All I shall say is GOOD LUCK.  I agree with Jo (Blackcat).

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mildred

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 13:58:55 PM »
I swear by those Paws Away strips - certainly seemed to help when we got new sofas two years ago. Dont know about using them on leather though -guess you could try using them on an inconspicuos area and check it doesnt leave a residue.
I inherited a lovely leather armchair which the cats thought was fair game and the arm rests always seem to cop it.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 13:37:42 PM »
Watch out when buying some of the repellent sprays....some are that  :sick: you feel repelled also!  :evillaugh: (NOT!)  :innocent:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: New Sofa Tips - and cute pic
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 11:42:47 AM »
I've come to the conclusion you can either have a nice sofa or you can have cats. I will stick with having cats ... :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah I had pretty much come to that conculsion after 4 sofas in 3 years,  but I sort of hoped there was some magic formula ,  as you can see from the pic,  the cats already love the chairs !!,   and yes that is my 5 year old Polly Pocket sucking from poor Daisy Doo Doo who has never had kittens and certainly isnt Polly's mum !   :rofl:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »
I've come to the conclusion you can either have a nice sofa or you can have cats. I will stick with having cats ... :rofl: :rofl:

:evillaugh: Yeah!!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
Thanks hon x

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 11:15:56 AM »
I just got some natural pet repellant from pets at home, was only a few pounds  :) I suppose any repellant would work.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »
CC,   thanks for that,  what is the repellant spray called ?,  would it be OK sprayed on sofa's ?

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »
Lol I remember going to look at a sofa, got to the house a nice house with all the trimmings- so obviously I thought the sofa would be nice  ;D got to look at it and it was some awful horrid thing-we made a quick escape  :rofl:

Get some cat nip spray- spray that on the places they are allowed to scratch, cat posts ect also some repellant for the sofa, wipe that on the sides they would scratch  :tired: and a stern NO! if they do go for it  :)

Although those mad half hours can never be stoped  :innocent:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
New Sofa Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
I had a bit of luck for once during the week,   we deperately needed a new sofa as ours had a spring broken and it was picked to pieces from when we had the kittens here,  anyway I was looking online at our local paper and saw a lovely tan leather sofa and two chairs,   phoned up the lady and she said she had someone coming to see it the next day but if we could get there that evening we could have a look,  so Steve and I went off to have a look,  the address was a seriously massive house with massive gates and video entry so I thought to myself the sofa must be expensive and when we saw it I was blown away,  lovely leather sofa,  really really well made and really soft leather,  the lady said it cost over £5000 but her husband didnt like it anymore and they had a new one coming so she was selling it,  we took it there and then (somehow managed to get it into Steve's Discovery which thank god he has as his company car at the moment - he sells them),   it only cost us £95 !!!!!,  BUT my question is,  how can I stop my lot from wrecking and picking at it ?,   I have never had such a nice sofa in my life and really want to keep it that way - any tips on how any of you kept your cats from picking at furniture and sofas in good condition ?,  or am I doomed to be buying another one from the local paper in 6 months time again  :rofl:

Link to CatChat