Author Topic: The fearlessness and confidence of cats  (Read 1632 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: The fearlessness and confidence of cats
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 19:50:22 PM »

I watched him as he sat on a safe wall at the end of the trellis: for him, no sense of relief at all!  And it struck me that if you know you can do it, what's to be scared of?

A lesson for us all...

Indeed  :)  And practice makes perfect ....  :briggin:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
The fearlessness and confidence of cats
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 19:25:40 PM »
I treated myself to a pedicure this afternoon.  The salon I go to is on the Fulham Road but, while the street is busy out the front, at the back the gardens are a secluded, tree-filled backwater.

As I was dreamily looking out of the back window, I saw a tabby cat walking along a trellis at the end of the garden.  This got my attention because the trellis is about 30 feet long and the drop is about 22 feet on either side.  :scared:

I watched with my heart in my mouth as the little chap sauntered along his tightrope, stopping to peer up at the birds in an adjoining tree before continuing along without a care in the world.  Shelley (my beautician) told me that he walks along that particular catwalk every day several times!

I watched him as he sat on a safe wall at the end of the trellis: for him, no sense of relief at all!  And it struck me that if you know you can do it, what's to be scared of?

A lesson for us all...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Link to CatChat