Author Topic: Can anyone name this plant/weed as Willow keeps licking the leaves.  (Read 3719 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Can anyone name this plant/weed as Willow keeps licking the leaves.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 21:27:30 PM »
if it is willowherb, I hope you like it, Mark - because it is going to be with you for always  :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 21:26:48 PM »
If it's willow herb that's why she is attracted to it  :naughty: :rofl: :Luv2:

Here's a list of NON poisonous and willow herb is onthe list so she is ok Mark.

http://www.petfriendlyhouse.com/information/Plants/non_poisonous_plants.aspx

I know what you mean about colour of eyes - when Smudge went missing I knew he had yellow eyes and I was getting calls from people  and when I went to see the cats most of them had green eyes - It got to the stage where I could not believe anything anyone said and I went out to look at every cat that I got a call about.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 21:26:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have this weed too (though not as much as you by the look of it!) and I think it is broad-leaf willowherb - which would be appropriate if Willow likes it

That's the nearest one I could come up with on weed Identification links I looked at but wasn't sure it was that one.  Maybe Willow knows  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 21:23:01 PM »
Mark have you tried the RHS forum? http://mygarden.rhs.org.uk/forums/254.aspx

they have an identification of plants thread.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 21:19:03 PM »
I remembered the flowers as yellow but now you mention it, they are pink. long, thin petals I imagine as fairy flowers  :evillaugh: - they are very delicate and break off really easily so sounds like they are the ones  :) - thanks  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 20:58:26 PM »
Willow Herb produces pink flowers, it does look like Willow Herb, but so do lots of other things. As far as I am aware Willow Herb isn't poisonous to cats, but I could be wrong. I frequently am!
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
I'm pretty sure I have this weed too (though not as much as you by the look of it!) and I think it is broad-leaf willowherb - which would be appropriate if Willow likes it
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
It looks like a 'hebe' evergreen type bush Mark with a wax leaf.

Thats all I can tell you I'm afraid.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
If it is a weed? You may be able to identify it here....   http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/weedlf.htm

Thanks - I can't see anything like it on there.

btw - I found out just how unobservant people can be. OH said he was worried about Willow as her eyes were yellow. I asked if it was the whites of her eyes. He said no, the iris - I pointed out that her eyes have always been yellow or copper coloured depending on lthe light. He said he though all cats had green eyes  :Crazy: :Crazy: - he has had Willow for about 9 years  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I have seen it in our garden I'm sure but can't find out the name  :doh: really lovely photo though  :Luv2:  black cats are sometimes hard to photograph but against green they take well I have one of our Squeaky on the lawn - his best photo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:48:34 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
If it is a weed? You may be able to identify it here....   http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/weedlf.htm

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I don't think it is that but wondered if anyone else knew better. I think she just licks the leaves to get water off them  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Mark if you find out for certain that it's making her sick you need to dig it up and throw it away chuck.  Sorry I do not recognise it.  Mind you I have lots of things in my garden and I have no idea what they are. :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
It looks like some weeds I pull out of the garden

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Can anyone name this plant/weed as Willow keeps licking the leaves.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:35:46 AM »
She keeps licking dew/water off the leaves. She was doing it last week when she was sick and is doing it again this morning. I just want to make sure the leaves aren't poisonous. I'm not a gardener so haven't go a clue. I have a feeling that when it flowers, the flowers are yellow and don't last long. I have a feeling that when you touch them, they fall off easily.

Thanks

Link to CatChat