Author Topic: Hooligans!  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Hooligans!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 13:01:10 PM »
I do sympathise ladies having my very own little hooligan in the shape of Hobbes. I regularly come home from work to find the place looking as if burglars have been in  :rofl: Her surpassed himself yesterday though by being sick all over one of the t-shirts I had washed earlier and had airing on the back of the sofa  :sick:

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 13:09:40 PM »
This really made me giggle, we have a small cat tree that was a cast off from OH's mum's cat. Every single morning I wake to find it lying on it's side (and the couch cushions lying on the floor, water bowl knocked over and Basil lying in the middle of it all trying to look innocent).

I agree with Suzanna though cat toys need to be stronger, Charley is a right chunk of a cat and can never fit in any of our igloos our the holes in our tree (which really annoys him as he loves hiding).

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Bunch of hooligans!

I do wish they would make cat toys a bit stronger though.  They seem to make them for very small, light cats.  I'm sick of having to put the senses cat track thing together again because Mosi finds it so easy to pull the top off.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »
 :naughty: :naughty:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 22:12:07 PM »
Just had to laugh  :evillaugh:
Sorry  :shy:
 :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 20:43:27 PM »
 :garf: :garf: Nawtey Kitties (and Hound!)
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 20:25:04 PM »
the problem is that it isn't an original part that broke, I had to make it taller to actually brace against my ceiling, I actually received £20 instead of returning it as unfit for purpose when I bought it... and I live in a standard semi, no huge rooms.

To repair it is gonna cost me £12 (same as it did last time to extend it to actually fit the room) but the next time I am gonna have the combo of money and time is 2 weeks minimum.

Found a solution, it is currently duct-taped to the ceiling!  :evillaugh: still wobbles but not threatening to fall over now

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 20:21:19 PM »
Sounds like Max the dog is to blame if you ask me  :naughty:

Is it worth emailing the seller asking for a replacement part as surely the post should be expected to last longer than 5 months, fit for purpose and all that... (don't mention the dog though  :sneaky:)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 17:25:09 PM »

my little Bonnie is an Angel  :Luv2: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary
If I didnt love Mr T so dearly, he might have found himself achieving "angel status"  quicker than planned ....  I could have murdered him at the time - rose oil stuff all over the top of the dressing table as I hadnt screwed the cap on properly  :doh:  Still, the room smells lovely and there is now a splendid shine on the top of the ddressing table!!
People Power Works!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 16:51:29 PM »
Two fab stories there ladies - I can't join in really cos my little Bonnie is an Angel  :Luv2: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 14:39:42 PM »
 :rofl: :hug:

Could be worse -I spent part of yesterday evening re-arranging things on my dressing able.  It was very satisfying when it was all sorted.  Neat and tidy and everything with a proper place. 

I woke in the night to hear "Clonk!  Thump!  Tinkle!  Drip drip drip.  Clonk ......"  Mr T happily walking across the surface, playing with the perfume bottles - rolling my lipstick under the bed... Apparantly trying to seduce the hairbrush (!)

Cats! Who'd have them?!  :doh: :Luv2: :rofl:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
Hooligans!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 14:34:07 PM »
Gah!

What is it with boys?

I bought a lovely new floor to ceiling scratcher for them in November (just before I got Misha actually) and they've broken it!!!

The brace at the top has snapped/bent/whatever so it won't brace against the ceiling anymore and wobbles like a jelly in a wind tunnel!  :doh: They'll have to put up with it for a while longer yet though, no money to repair or replace it as all the money has been spent on the catproofing materials for the garden...

The Story

Once upon a time little Misha decided Indy was too sad after Poppy went away... so he thought he would play a trick on Indy. He waited until Indy was fast asleep then pounced on his tail! Indy woke up with a jump and chased Misha down the hall, where Max the dog was asleep! Both young cats ran over Max and woke him up too!

So Max chased Indy, who chased Misha, who ran up the scratching post and made it wobble.

Indy ran up the scratching post too, which made it wobble a lot.

Max ran into the scratching post and it made a horrible noise, and now it wobbles all the time.

And Mamma is a big meany who says they will have to make do with a horrible wobbly post for a long long time (2-3 weeks) until she can get a new one or repair this one.

the end

:rofl: sorry couldn't resist the terrible story form, but made it sound better, lol. Have found out though that Misha could never be a ships cat, the way he clings to the wobbly post he looks like a sea-sick sailor in the crows nest :rofl:

Link to CatChat