Author Topic: Wood Pellet Cat litter  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Wood Pellet Cat litter
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 01:48:06 AM »
Picked up my Smart cat from the Gower on Monday and was cheaper than my normal pet shop that cant get it. Bought two 30 litre bags and next month must get two more.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: Rosie and Ruby x
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 16:03:58 PM »
Guess What....The price has been put up again  >:( up another £1.20 since the last time I bought it  >:( >:(
£13.29 for 30 ltr bag  :shocked:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Best pet is just over £4 + vat (so i round to £5) at Batley Cash and Carry.

Mind you I must get through 3 - 4 bags a week with the 10 or so trays i have.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 23:19:51 PM »
Not round here cos we are talking big distances and I believe on that link there was one from Llandovery and thats  a very long way from here on the otherside of the brecons.

I am 12 miles from the nearest tescoes so 24/5 mile round trip, Sainsburys is even further away and they wont deliver here and havent gone west of here at all.

I normally drive for 40 mins round trip to get to my normal petshop but it will be two hours for the one thats getting me the smart cat! But I can drop in at tescoes on the way back  ;D

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 23:07:44 PM »
well to be fair some pet shops deliver aswell but mainly if its a big order
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 23:05:58 PM »
Thanks Kally  ;D

The two on here which are big and was in one today , which is the bigger of the two ....Town and Country..........doesnt sell this and their delivery charge is enormous but one is just up the road from me. They sell primarily farmers stuff and very little for cats. Only litter they do is catsan. Had some reasonable dogs cages before Christmas  ;D

They used to trade as Carmarthen and Plumsaint Farmers or something like that but were part of the Town and Country Group....their receipts still say Carmarthen etc.

All the others are just little tiny petshops and no good at all.

Thanks very much for trying but its dogs and farms around Carmarthen and cats dont get much of a look in.

I know there is another place mainly for horses somewhere close cos was taken their when I was learning to drive, my instructor had a horse. Now have a feeling I saw big bags of cat litter in there but not smart cat.....may have to ring my instructor up cos cannot remember where it was but its closer then the Gower or Llandeilo and they may be able to get it........well can hope.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 22:43:20 PM »
A link a link LOL.......would be nice.  ;D

I dont think any of them stock this litter though

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 22:17:27 PM »
gill i checked on yell.com for you and there are some pet supplies in your rough area as i say the main question is whether they charge delivery

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 21:14:00 PM »
We dont have anything like that Kally cos I am in SW Wales!

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 21:09:39 PM »
well we get ours delivered cause i dont drive and its delivered free cause they have a huge amount of orders in our area so he does all the orders in our area in one day

can you ask him to include Flanders in his round please?
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 21:08:31 PM »
Yes Smart cat has a good write up

The paper litter i use is smart cat ....£7.45 for 30L

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 20:31:19 PM »
well just do general search on yell.com for pet food supplies and ring the closest ones and ask them for a price list and ask them how much delivery is i thought ours were going to charge then i found out that a friend already used them and i found out that their cheaper than any website i found cause id been paying £12 for cat litter i mean wen it comes to cat food they charge a tiny bit more but its better than carrying it home on the bus and i see it as supporting a local business

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 20:06:41 PM »
I wish I was in your area .......sigh

Apart from a visitor cat I am the only one with cats around here!

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 19:56:55 PM »
well we get ours delivered cause i dont drive and its delivered free cause they have a huge amount of orders in our area so he does all the orders in our area in one day

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 19:54:23 PM »
Yes Smart cat has a good write up but mine goes into the dustbin bags  :shify:

Frantas use over last week or so straight out cos wow his tummy was bad but so I read last night someting in the cats urine promotes faster composting with smart cat, cant remember now whether that was also to do with how smartcat is made or appropriate to most woodbased litters.

Will have go back and read it......sure it was because its made with this wood flour which none of others are.

I now know about the smell of wet woof=d that some have complained about before with wood litters but I have not ever smelt this before, y=till the useless litter I had to buy instead of smartcat......no wet wood smell there just delicate pine  ;D

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 19:49:00 PM »
we compost ours and with poop scooping the rest actually lasts for ages and low odour too, one tray is even next to a radiator and no smell problems

is Best Pet and our local market has it on the pet stall for £6.50 (though I get trade discount as I do their graphics work)

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 17:52:19 PM »
smarcat can also be composted which is where it goes in out house straight into the compost bin

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 16:29:27 PM »
I saw this site last night when I was searching but I cant remember whether I registered and then found the cost of delivery far too high or whether by this time I was so fed up of having to put all my details in just to get the delivery price, I had given up because most of sites were about the same deliverywise.

I do not like sites who do not put the info upfront and they are not selling my preferred any cheaper than my pet shop, its just the pet shop cant get their hands on it from their supplier.

I have now ordered 2 x 30 litre bags from a pet shop on the Gower and they tell me it will be £2.00 cheaper but of course this will be eaten up by petrol.

For me Smartcat is the best wood based litter around and apparently the only one made from woodflour.......which is sawdust squashed in some way to extract an ingredient. It smells much better than the useless one I have at the moment and any other I have come across and goes a lot further than others I have tried. Just a thoroughly better product in my humble opinion.

If it comes in and apparently they got some for a customer last week, then I will tell my other petshop which is nearer, to start having a go at her supplier cos otherwise she has lost a customer and the local pet shops cant afford this.

I would much rather support a petshop than an online company who will only provide a service which they want to give and dump you without a thought when it suits them.

I used to always get this litter from K9 Capers and then they stopped selling the 30litre bags and I think I got free postage at the time.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 15:52:11 PM »
We're heavy wood pellet users, or rather, the cats are heavy wood pellet users, I prefer my double velvet creature comforts :)

I might try them on another litter soon as Frankie digs for England and I find it everywhere, the cheapest I know of is Wilkinsons' which is very economical.

"comfy pet", love the name Stu :)

Cheers

Leigh

Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 15:50:02 PM »
Mine just hate wood litter  >:(

So its paper litter for us

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: Rosie and Ruby x
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 15:46:59 PM »
used to travel 14 miles to buy fussy puss 30ltr wood pellet litter for £9.99
then we got a new pet shop in town, and i started getting the same stuff there, but its called "comfy pet" for £6.09p  :wow:
but over the years the fooker's keep putting up the price  >:( seemed everytime i went down to buy another bag it was up again  :-: >:(
current price is almost double to what i was paying 5 years ago - £11.99
I asked why they kept putting up the price, and was told because its popular  :shify:

oh well at least they were honest  :tired:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 14:28:41 PM »
Please note there will also be a shortage of wood based litters as a lot of this producrt is made from waste from the constructino industry and the downturn may lead to a shortage - this from batleys to a friend
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Wood Pellet Cat litter
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 14:20:00 PM »
For those having issues finding it here's a link we have used and its reasonable proced and so is delivery

http://www.valupets.com/c/4796/cat-litter/cats-litter-assorted.html

Bearing in mind we use this is 17 of our trays we are down to 1.5 x 30 litre bags a month we are sifting more with better sccops and not putting more than half an inch in the try - we use open and covered boxes and even our big burriers are coping ok

We also compost the wet sawdust at the tip on a weekly basis in the garden waste section and use it on the compost heap in the woods in the summer and have great compost there to and flsuh the numbers twos' - we have a septic tank so have to be careful what we flush after we blocked all the pipework on day 2 of moving here 3 years ago!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat