Author Topic: Hill's k/d going down well but even Kyle is eating it  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Hill's k/d going down well but even Kyle is eating it
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 14:31:32 PM »
I'd be interested to know what the affects of non CRF cats eating renal food too as at present, I feed Monty in a separate room but as he only ever eats a tiny bit at a time that's a bit of a faff!

I asked another vet today and she said it is fine. Personally, I think if the healthy cat is eating other food, it is fine - otherwise, I would supplement the healthy cat's diet a bit with something high phos and high protein like hi-life a couple of times a week.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 21:38:13 PM »
Yeah Hills is one of the things he's having in between as it's def the lowest phospherous I could find. I know what you mean about the vets knowledge. I was told that Layla's C/D food for FLUTD would be fine for the other cats too but wasn't convinced!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 21:33:43 PM »
I asked the vet ages ago about wet CRF food as a woman phoned about a food donation. She said she had 6 cats but one had been diagnosed CRF. She wanted to donate all her regular food and planned to feed all her cats k/d wet (must be loaded!  :evillaugh: ) - I asked the vet and he said it was fine. I am not confident of vets nutrition knowledge tbh.

btw - since the various Hill's dry foods arrived yesterday the cats are munching non-stop. I will have to start weighing it out  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 22:26:40 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 21:30:51 PM »
I'd be interested to know what the affects of non CRF cats eating renal food too as at present, I feed Monty in a separate room but as he only ever eats a tiny bit at a time that's a bit of a faff!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Hill's k/d going down well but even Kyle is eating it
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 20:59:22 PM »
It has been a big hit here. Willow loves it and Clapton even started wolfing it down. The only thing is even Kylie loves it and I caught her at Clapton's dish eating it. As she eats other stuff too I'm sure it is fine but anyone know for sure? - Please don't say I should keep their food separate/limit feeding times etc as it really isn't practical. Hopefully it won't make Kylie any bigger  :scared:
Little Willow is eating more than usual which s a good thing  :)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 21:07:20 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat