Author Topic: live in catsitter for emergencies  (Read 2457 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: live in catsitter for emergencies
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 18:31:55 PM »
thanks! I will follow up tomorrow with everyone. I've just got back and am very tired as it was all a big rush.

Offline rachelburdett20

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 19:49:32 PM »
where abouts in london do u live?? because i live just outside london and already cat sit for a few people and am not faised by medicaion ect.....seem to spend most days cleaning up after my lot anyway!!

i do not know how much longer i am living in the area for as i am looking to move out but would be willing to help if i could, especily in the evenings because my lot would all be sorted and in for the night

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 15:14:55 PM »
do you want the details of mine?  I don't know if they would travel or not but no harm in asking

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 14:05:50 PM »
I used an agency went I went on holiday last and the lady was fantastic with our lot, though it did cost almost as much as our holiday! Though we did have MANY cats and some foster cats as well so would have paid a top up.
nice to come back to happy cats, a clean house and fresh bread and milk.

I suppose it would depend on the person to an extent but certainly if you go for an agency that someone recommends.

just found the email and it was www.petsitter.co.uk and I can't believe it was 2006! I thought it had been YEARS and YEARS since I went away - mind you I do remember being suck in the hotel with flu for most of the week  :rofl:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 13:51:59 PM »
more than willing to pay travel costs if anyone from anywhere would do it! Should we need it I mean. No plans for any holidays while Swampy is like this. It's just not doable.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »
It is best if you can get someone recommended by someone who has used them.  I wished you lived near me cos I have two wonderful ones. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 21:19:24 PM »
The agencies say all their people are so caring, wonderful etc but it isn't true.

Yes I think you are right there and you need to be so careful.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 19:39:32 PM »
there are a lot of agencies, yes, and they seem to employ so many people. I don't know how you find the right person. They cost upwards of £40 a day + food. I had to ring one of the agencies for monday. I don't mind using an agency if I must, but it must be the right person. The agencies say all their people are so caring, wonderful etc but it isn't true.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 19:25:30 PM »
I know there are agencies around like this one http://www.housesitters.co.uk/?gclid=CL7cx97_iZkCFQo1QwodAwRqlg but don't have any experience of them. I thnk we may be going down that route when we go away next. I can't imagine they are cheap though  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 19:19:33 PM »
That's a good idea for the night time job. 2 of the nurses at the vets are trainees at the local college. I will ask them if they think anyone would be interested in the night time job. Problem is though that they work while they are studying I think. Ideally it would suit someone who wants extra money for the night work and could sleep during the day, not have to go to work.
I think I'd have to find someone non student or nurse to do the day time job. I do both myself, but can't see any way that someone would agree to do both really. There are no pills at night, it's just feeding and general care. Daytime there are quite a lot of pills.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 18:11:22 PM »
Are there any agencies for vet nurses in the London area? your vet would know if there are - and as there are nursing agencies in most other fields, I would have thought it possible

I wouldn't trust a student, unless there is a nearby veterinary facility at one of the London universities
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
live in catsitter for emergencies
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 17:56:24 PM »
Does anyone know of anybody who is utterly reliable and sensible who I could employ (would pay cat sitting agency rates) in an emergency to live in our London flat and take care of our boys? I know at present Swampy is high care and needs night time attention, so if he was still alive, I was thinking maybe it would have to be 2 people, 1 for day and 1 for night (student? what do peeps think). It's not for holiday cover, but if there was a drama and both of us could not be here.
It frightens me not to have cover in place. Swampy can't be left alone and Max never has been so would be very unhappy (but probably survive). All I know of round here is a bloke who pops in to feed, who is good.

We are SE London but would pay fares for anyone from anywhere if needs be.

Link to CatChat