Author Topic: Idiot posts cat abuse video on youtube, internet vigilantees get the cat justice  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
what really annoys me is the fac that these videos get on...

I put my animation showreel on and waited 2 *days* for it to be viewable when I got an email saying I had plagerised the music and the 3D models so I sent them a very terse email back saying that if they did their research everything I used was open source and fully credited

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
Yep, precisely.

I'd imagine youtube can afford to employ full time moderators (and actually pay them).

They just choose not to.

Which makes them nearly as bad.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Exactly! - all videos should be reviewed by mods and if they are passed for viewing, then the host becomes responsible. Why is it films at the cinema have to be classified and yet any kind of sick stuff can be posted on the internet?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
I think websites like Youtube have a lot to answer to - it's thanks to websites like these than many people make stupid video clips such as cruelty to animals and other humans. 

It should be made harder to post a video on it - I know its a mammoth task but they should all be checked before being allowed to be viewed.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
I was talking to someone about this today - its not the only incident of cruelty to animals that has been on Youtube- I dont want to see total censorship of the Internet but Im amazed at some of the things that are posted - Ive found one or two thing by accident and someone (who I thought was a FRIEND!!) sent be a video clip recently that they thought Id find amusing!!  I didnt and they wont be sending me anything like that again as Ive blocked them from sending me mail.  Ive also sent them a VERY terse handwritten letter explaining JUST how I felt .....
The Internet is such a wonderful thing if used properly .... :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
I just want to cry  :'(

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
The day that this story was posted, with a bit of Googling, you could find the name of the perpetrator, his address and all sorts of other details about him.  It was all still there and probably still is - I fear the video may well resurface, though, as there is more than one sick-minded  :censored: in this World and Im afraid someone will probably resubmit it >:(!!!
People Power Works!!!

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
I am so glad that Dusty is ok - I can't watch any of the clips (I watched a video of live animal skinning this morning and I can't get it out of mind).   >:(

I hope justice is done - but knowing this world, it won't be!   Hope people find it and give him the same treatment he gave Dusty.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Thank goodness Dusty is safe.  :Luv: There will be an avalanche of folks wanting to spoil him to bits for the rest of his life after that.  :sneaky:

As for this Timmy, well, from here on in he'll be supervised and subjected to psychiatric assessments, court reports and probably death threats for the rest of his days. Dusty will get justice.  :)

What a waste of oxygen this  :censored: is!

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
I have just had a search on the net about this "timmy"

-  Youtube have helped police track him and his camera friend down, they have both been arrested questioned and released to thier parents untill further notice,
-  The cat (named Dusty) is still at vets, untill the district atterny (cant spell!) decides what will happen to these two boys and the poor fur-bie.
-  Dusty is alive   :wow:  (Thank god)

Apparently, well... according to U.S news, america is in total outrage at this, there are reports all over the world about people complaining and reporting the video "timmy" posted on the net.

Maybe there is justice in this world after all???

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
Somebody find me a crommac stick...I feel a curse coming on... >:( >:( >:(

Evil sick little  :censored: him and his twisted evil kind need to be beaten then locked away......Karma is upon you, cower for those who adore animals have thier faces turned towards you...  :naughty: >:(

Offline Sonnie

• Senior Cat
There are no words for such a  :censored:
A total disgrace to the human race,
I did watch the video and was in tears litterally seconds in,  :'(
Made me feel sick  :sick:

I hope this little B :censored: D does get tracked down and  :censored: pays for what he did.

His parents must have had some inkling that their son was a  :censored: nutta, they should never have allowed any animal in the house.

The poor poor kitty.....   :'(    what made it worse was the noises the little fur-baby was making,    :'(
I cant get it out of my head, maybe i should never have watched it, its hard to believe things like this happen.
I have said before and I will say it again:
OUR ANIMALS ARE NOT ASKED TO BE TAKEN ON BY US,
THEY RELY ON US, FOR LOVE, CARE, WARMTH AND THEIR SURVIVAL AMONGST OTHER THINGS,
This SHOULD NOT be happening in the world today............ it HAS to stop  :'(

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
2d i think wed all like 5 mins alone with the scum i mean just reading about it made me feel  :sick:
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
Five minutes alone in a room with him - s'all I ask.   

Little piee of semi-human excrement.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Im glad someone 'geeky' tracked him down, i hope he gets his karma and preferably from someone like Mark  :evillaugh:

Lets just hope they don't get tracked down by the bleeding hearts and get done for invasion of privacy  :tired: - Someone even put a link to google earth with his exact address and a picture of the house. The only worrying thing is that innocent members of the family may end up paying for the son's crimes.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 22:57:33 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
A mother hubbard mark  ;)

I would chop his poppet off   >:(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 20:20:03 PM by Mark »

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
People make me sick to my stomach! I could seriously hurt someone like that  >:(
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
A mother hubbard mark  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Well done the "Geeks" for tracking this sicko down and fingers crossed Kittyis save and well.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Re: Horrific youtube clip removed
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 19:38:25 PM »
Sick poppet, id happily do time for wiping the smile off his face.

Just wondering what word gets changed to poppet  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
So good there was such a strong community response - internationally - great work to all involved!! :wow:

As for the perpetrator - hope he gets his, in so many wonderful inventive, creative and painful ways .... >:(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Im glad someone 'geeky' tracked him down, i hope he gets his karma and preferably from someone like Mark  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Horrific youtube clip removed
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 18:42:38 PM »
Sick poppet, id happily do time for wiping the smile off his face.

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
Horrific youtube clip removed
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 18:08:57 PM »
Came across this on another forum, the lady who posted it has a wonderful son who reported the clip and traced the person who posted it.

This is quite upsetting to watch.. :'(

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2241852.ece

Oops, just found t'other thread.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 18:10:35 PM by Beth »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I watched it - he didn't hit the cat hard but it was obviously terrified by the sounds it made. Give me one minute with that kid and I would smash his skull until his stupid brains spilled out  >:( - it should be easy enough to trace him. I hope some vigilantes give him a severe beating that he never recovers from  >:(

Hopefully his dad will give him a severe beating.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 17:47:56 PM by Mark »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I daredn't look but just thankful the cat is now saved from the idiot  >:(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I hope the cat is OK and will get a lovely new home and little  :censored: is locked up........first stage to human cruelty

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
Over the weekend some idiot posted a video on youtube of him abusing his cat ( I won't link to the video because none of us want to see it ), most of you won't have heard of ' Anonymous ' but the more geeky might, and that's apparently who tracked him down, now they did a number of things we might not approve of here, but apparently a huge amount of people took sensible action and reported him to every animal protection agency going, the newspapers, and media.
The cat has been taken to the vets and will remain there whilst legal shenanigans take place.

Here's a news story about it, it does contain a link to a trimmed video, which I haven't watched myself:
http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=9849597

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 17:33:03 PM by J (Indoorcatsuk) »
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Link to CatChat