Author Topic: Little one just arrived in a bad way - Pics may upset some people- VERY SAD NEWS  (Read 83402 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: Little one just arrived in a bad way - Pics may upset some people.
« Reply #264 on: February 21, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »
Great news this morning, nice to hear Herbie is teaching what kittens should be doing, ie playing.

As you say, hopefully less poo means his tummy is settling down to normal and he has emptied himself of all the blockages.

Hope you all have a good day today :hug:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
That is wonderful news :)im keeping everything crossed for this little one,just wish i could cuddle him as well :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »
Great to hear that he is eating so well! and his poos are starting to get more like normal hopefully his energy levels will build up too  :Luv2: :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #261 on: February 21, 2009, 08:54:04 AM »
morning folks! :hug:

Colby has had a restful night with some more poo all over his bedding :) ;)  not as much as before but I think thats a good sign, I hope.    :Crazy:

He had his full bath last night... which he was so good for and is now smelling and feeling much better in that department.  :)   He slept for about an hour after his wee bath and then seemed to find some energy from somewhere and was watching nurse herbie playing with a toy.  We popped a mousey thing into the bars for him and he sat and played with the floppy tail bit for a little while before settling back down again as he was tired.   Perhaps it just takes him all day to muster up some energy by around 8 pm??!?!   but it is so great to see him taking an interest in something rather than just lying there staring into space which he does a lot of the time.

He is very quiet again this morning but not as depressed and low as yesterday so that is a good sign and I did manage to muster a faint purr from his this morning  :Luv2:  On picking him up and wrapping him in his wee towel he was quite content and wasn't too fussed on going back down again so I think it will be big cuddle time again this morning once the others are organised here.    :Luv2:  He really loves his big cuddles and falls asleep in my arms... although normally when paul isn't around to take a photo as he is just so so cute and peacful it brings a wee tear to my eye.

We are hoping he will have a good day today and will eat for us without the extra prompting as he ate 2 bowls of food between 8pm last night and this morning!   ;D  ;D

I will be sure to pass on all the hugs and kisses to this little man for you all..... and will update a little later on today!  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  :thanks:

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2009, 07:49:39 AM »
Just popping in to say I hope little Colby had a restful night, and to top up the cuddles.   :care: :care:

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:25 AM »
More healy vibes and cuddles, and get well prayers for you, young colby.

Told hub about his plight tonight, and he had tears in his eyes by the time I'd finished.  So he's sending them too.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2009, 23:40:10 PM »
I love little Colby!

I'm rooting for him

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2009, 21:50:36 PM »
There are so many heartbreaking topics on here about abused and unwanted kitties and i dont know why but this little one has really got to me :Luv: i know we are all rooting for him to get well but i feel i just want to wave a magic wand and make him well ,then scoop him up and tell him how much he is loved by everyone and just sit cuddling him :Luv2: for the rest of his life
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2009, 20:21:56 PM »
Topping up with some more get strong Colby vibes  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2009, 20:08:33 PM »
He knows those cuddles you give him are healing cuddles.   :Luv:   He reminds me so much of Teresa's little Pedro - similar struggles - small bodies, big problems, huge souls, and character by the shedload.   :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2009, 19:31:30 PM »
awww  :Luv: :Luv2: little Colby, I'm glad he has eaten and things seem to be moving through and if he is tired and not doing much doubt he will be that hungry, when Schui won't eat taking the food to him and spoon feeding helps him too, loads more good wishes for that special little boy xx

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2009, 19:20:21 PM »
glad to hear that there has been more poo.  well done little man.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2009, 19:15:42 PM »
Well, his exploits yesterday made me laugh; I hope he perks up again soon, bless his little heart. :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2009, 19:01:43 PM »
Sending little Colby lots of  :hug: :hug: and positive vibes. :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2009, 18:54:59 PM »
hi guys,

Well I have managed to get colby to eat a bowl and a half of food (Colby portions of around a teaspoon with fluids) this afternoon from 2 til just now. :)  So that's good.  He does eat the RC Recovery food well once you get him to take an interest in trying to eat... just you have to constantly coax him at the moment which I think is most likely down to exhaustion.  So it makes food a slow process as he takes it a finger full at a time   :Luv2:  We've never had much luck with a/d and getting cats to eat it more than once and the think I like about the RC is that it smells quite nice too... bit like cream of chicken soup I think  :shocked:

He's still quite low but I think more than anything this afternoon this has been cos he has been so tired.  I have had him out a couple of times for roughly an hour for a big cuddle and he has snuggled right in and gone to sleep and then slept more when I've popped him back in his wee pen.  Not had much noise out of him at all just the odd wee look with those big round eyes  :Luv2:  and some more poo!  ;D

Paul has been late back to work tonight but will hopefully be home shortly and we can get the wee fella in for a bath and then settle him back by his snugglesafe and fire to keep him warm.   :Luv2:  Doesn't take much for him to get cold at the moment but then he has none of natures insulation to keep him warm.

I really hope this wee darling does make it.... he is such a wee fighter and I just know that when he is well again he will be such a BIG character!  :Luv2:   

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2009, 18:32:45 PM »
Hope Colby is a bit brighter he has had quite a few firsts in the last couple of days and must be tired bless.

Ah the pooey blankets don't you just love them!

All I'm prepared to say is the worst serial breakouts we have had have been led by black hooligans!

Yes we are in love with that little fella and under your care he will blossom and hopefully smell better and when he is ready he can become a Clan Cat as they are all rooting for him - Beijing needs another boy for her pack! :Luv2: :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline BlueHeather

• Adult Cat
  • That's Mr CATTITUDE to you pal
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2009, 15:22:27 PM »
Just been catching up with whats been happening with little Colby.  Think he has probably tired himself out with everything that has occured yesterday and overnight . all that poo and of course his  dirty bed which would have made him miserable when they so much like to be clean babies.  Hopefully he will turn the corner now.
Cats leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2009, 14:39:34 PM »
Would a/d suit him better appetite wise? Its tastier and easy to digest but then possibly too rich  :-:
Lots of vibes for the little lad  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2009, 14:09:56 PM »
Hopefully little Colby is just exhausted and will perk up a bit after a nice rest, keep fighting wee man  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Love, huggles and all the positive healing vibes possible for you sweetheart - wishing and willing you with all my heart to get better xxx

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2009, 13:38:21 PM »
Smellyer the better   :evillaugh: - maybe a little gelntle play of chase the cable tie might cheer him up - we dont want him getting depressed, then a little snooze after a bite to eat.  I am so williing him to get better real soon.

Also thinking of Noah cant leave this little fella out -

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2009, 13:24:47 PM »
A little smelliness between mates is allowed (specially when you not bin well)  :hug: :hug:    Topping up the healing hugs for Colby the Courageous.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2009, 13:22:55 PM »
haven't managed to get little Colby to take more than a couple of licks of food from the end of my finger but its better than nothing at all.  Had the wee fella out for biiiiig cuddles and he was loving it and fell asleep in my arms for an hour bless him.   Bit smelly... but I don't care we love him just the same :Luv2:

He is still very queit and low but am wondering whether the last few days are catching up with him and after his wee burst of energy last night he is just simply exhausted with everything.

Will leave him to rest this afternoon and when Paul gets home from work we'll give him a wee bath and that will hopefully make him feel a little bit better.    :shy:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2009, 13:12:46 PM »
hi Janey,  :hug:

We want to give him another few days before adding in cat milk.... as we are unsure of how well his wee body is digesting food and passing it through so we are trying to stick to the RC Recovery food which has a mix of nutrients to help him on his healing process.

Something we want to avoid as we have had it happen with kittens with digestive problems in the past is if they can't digest the milk quickly enough it begins to ferment in their stomach and causes it to bloat out adding to their discomfort.  Something that we want to avoid right at the moment especially in light of the inflamation to his digestive tract / bowel.   But if he starts to pick up and eat better in the next few days and we can tell his body is digesting foods then we will look to try it in small amounts to help boost his calcium intake.

We are trying to be very very careful and not bomabard his system with too much. Whilst the signs since last night have been positive we know only too well from experience that if we get our hopes up too high and believe that the worst is over it will be all the harder should he take a turn for the worst suddenly.  If this progress continues for another 2 - 3weeks then we will begin to relax some and feel Colby has a fighting chance but at the moment we are a ways off that statement.    :hug:   :hug:

uhm, that's why I asked whether he was allowed it as I thought possibly not, I think what you're doing is spot on taing it a step at a time and far better to be safe than sorry  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »
Ello ickle Colby tiz Pedro ere an I just wanted to pass on sum speeshul advice to youz wot my Unkle Paddy gave me wen I woz very ickle, Nom Nom Nom .
I opes youz feels better soon  :hug:
Pedro Poop Master General xxx

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
My Zubin & Zebedee love them  :Luv:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
(What's this Webbox, and do cats really find it that deliciious?  Just wondering if it might tempt Paddy's appetite any.  Where do you get it from?)

Its a treat stick that you buy in most pet shops and supermarkets I think Sue... we had some handed in by a friend of ours and its a kinda mushy stick treat... in all honesty out of our 9 cats there is only 2 of them that really like it.... but we thought we'd try it with Colby and he did!! :)       That said I think its hugely popular with many little kitties! :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
My heart goes out to this little man.  He's such a sweetheart.   Hope this is just a temporary blip and he'll be a bit perkier again later.   So glad he's getting plenty of cuddles passed on.   :Luv:

(What's this Webbox, and do cats really find it that deliciious?  Just wondering if it might tempt Paddy's appetite any.  Where do you get it from?)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
what do they put in that Webbox? I wish they would make a complete food out of it :(

so glad the wee fella is still fighting
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2009, 11:39:40 AM »
hi Janey,  :hug:

We want to give him another few days before adding in cat milk.... as we are unsure of how well his wee body is digesting food and passing it through so we are trying to stick to the RC Recovery food which has a mix of nutrients to help him on his healing process.

Something we want to avoid as we have had it happen with kittens with digestive problems in the past is if they can't digest the milk quickly enough it begins to ferment in their stomach and causes it to bloat out adding to their discomfort.  Something that we want to avoid right at the moment especially in light of the inflamation to his digestive tract / bowel.   But if he starts to pick up and eat better in the next few days and we can tell his body is digesting foods then we will look to try it in small amounts to help boost his calcium intake.

We are trying to be very very careful and not bomabard his system with too much. Whilst the signs since last night have been positive we know only too well from experience that if we get our hopes up too high and believe that the worst is over it will be all the harder should he take a turn for the worst suddenly.  If this progress continues for another 2 - 3weeks then we will begin to relax some and feel Colby has a fighting chance but at the moment we are a ways off that statement.    :hug:   :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2009, 11:30:17 AM »
would he be allowed a little cat milk? if he would take it I would think it may be good for him now
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:30:48 AM by janeyk »

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2009, 11:27:18 AM »
we cleaned the wee fella up a little this morning as don't want to put him through the stress of a bath just yet today as he is so down but will give him a 'dunk' and a bath later on today hopefully once he has brightened up a bit.   :wish:

We have managed to get him to take a 'little' food this morning... and have found that if we mush up a teeny morsel of the webbox treat and give it to him and then add a teeny bit to the food that he will try to eat some to get at the treat bit. Granted he is only eating minute pieces of food and the treat isn't ideal but it is better than nothing if it gets him to take some of his RC food.     :scared:

He's still pretty low but I managed to get a faint purr out of him earlier.   Will get him out (wrapped in a towel) and give him some more cuddles shortly from you all.  Thanks for all the continued words of support guys it really means a lot to us both and to little Colby.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug: :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:20 AM »
YAY pooing  ;D - Give him a snuggle from me - you know you need to keep his spirits up as this will help him recover quicker - nurse Herbie will help boost his moral.

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
Topping up the good wishes again.

He's probably knackered from all the pooing - and miserable if his wee bed was covered in ti - you know how cats hate that kind of thing.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »
Poor little man ... he will be depressed if he is all dirty ... you know how they hate to be mucky :(

Come on sweetie be strong and have a bit of breakie  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »
Poor Colby, such a struggle for him. Sending him some "be strong" vibes and hoping he picks up and eats a little.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »
Maybe it's taken it out of him and he's a bit washed out poor boy.  Glad nurse Herbie is still helping out :Luv2: and hope he is a bit brighter later xx

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
hi guys, wee Colby has been poooing for Scotland last night and his wee bed was covered this morning.

He's quite down and depressed this morning, couldn't even get a wee purr :(  although you couldn't blame him the wee soul so we'll just try and keep his spirits up today and I'm sure Nurse Herbie will help too!  :)

On an up note though he did eat his food / fluid last night but doesn't have much interest in eating this morning so will just keep trying 

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2009, 09:59:09 AM »
How is he this morning?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Christie

• Adult Cat
  • Beloved Bella Lucia
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2009, 09:54:35 AM »
How cute is he!! Wonderful to hear he's feeling better, sounds like a bit of a mischief maker, but glad he's a bit more himself now. Hope he continues to improve, even if it's a bit at a time.

And we belong to the Colby fan club too!  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »
Just caught up with the video and wonderful news  :Luv2: :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat