Author Topic: Schui's not well.........SAD NEWS  (Read 20082 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Schui's not well
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 22:18:47 PM »
Poor Schui  :(
I hope he picks up with the steroids  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 22:00:09 PM »
Thank you very much  :hug:, he's just gone for some food but was falling to one side so I took him to the kitchen and held him while he ate then carried him back.  He then jumped down and walked ok to the kitchen but we heard him fall over so Steve sat with him while he had a drink.  I hope that the steroid helps him we won't let him suffer  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 21:51:37 PM »
Ohh Janey, we are sending Schui lots of well wishes ,i know how hard it is when there are so many health problems  :( But its good that his heart is fine and i am sure the steroid injection will make him feel better.
Give him a gentle cuddle from me. :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Schui
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 21:19:52 PM »
Poor Schui, I hope the meds help a bit  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 21:08:30 PM »
The vet suspects a neurological problem (possibly related to his sinus problem) which is just progressing as I’ve mentioned this leaning to the left before - or a mass, he’s gone totally blind in the left eye and has only minimal sight in the right and cataracts.  Regarding his walking it’s odd because one minute he walks ok then he falls to one side, she said when this happens he thinks he is moving his legs ok because his brain tells him so but infact he isn’t (also probably why he keeps falling off the sofa) his legs were buckling in the vets so she could see it happening thankfully.  His heart was fine though and she has given him a quick acting steroid (rather than the slow one he has) this time and we’ve to see how he goes she may put him on steroid tablets to give as and when?.  She also mentioned perhaps trying him with a new sort of natural drug which seems good for cases like Schui and cats that have fits but I can’t remember the name, she said it’s a bit like glucosamine in that it may/may not help but worth a try.  I’ve to ring her next Wednesday to let her know how he’s been and she’ll reassess him then, so not good news but could be worse. 

Thanks for the concern  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 20:45:12 PM »
Hope Schui visit went OK. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 19:20:12 PM »
Fingers crossed for him, hope everything went OK  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 17:31:48 PM »
Oooh Janey, i hope the vet visit goes well for Schui, poor little man. Thinking of you. :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 16:58:19 PM »
 :thanks:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 16:55:31 PM »
Awwww hunnie sending get well soon vibes, will be thinking of you
 :get well:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Schui's not well.........SAD NEWS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 16:49:11 PM »
I've booked him in at vets tonight 5.30, he seems to have lost his eyesight totally, he's been falling off the sofa more infact last night Steve lifted him down and said he's banned but it's hard to stop him.  He has been a bit wobbly and looking over my head as if he can't see me at all, I've done the waving hand thingy and there's not much, if any reaction.  He has also slid down onto Byron twice this morning on the sofa and she hissed and moved into her bed fed up, poor kitties.   He's also had a bit of diarrhoea and that's not like him, it was even on the side and I stuck my hand in it! then did some on the carpet, he's never had that he's always the opposite.  He has eaten but seems to be dragging his left back leg a bit and a bit disorientated at times.  Not sure whether he's hurt his leg or whether it's something worse so getting him checked out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:11:59 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat