Author Topic: RIP Franta Napoleon 13 Aug 93 - 10 May 2011  (Read 427245 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Frantas change in behavior - more seizures
« Reply #1515 on: December 01, 2010, 08:06:57 AM »

Gill, am keeping all crossed that Franta will be allowed home today, and that you can coax him into eating something nutritious - or not - as long as he's getting something inside him, it counts as food.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #1514 on: November 30, 2010, 23:18:46 PM »
Franta was still not eating by 1750 and was told he is sitting/lying in his cage and behaving and this is so not Franta!

So I am a bit worried about him cos they dont know him like I do and he is not a quiet well behaved cat.

I told David that maybe if they tried the felix cos he only licks the jelly,...........and he said and thats better than nothing...and also to not put too much lacto b in the other food and to mix it in.

He said to ring back about 10 tomorrow, I think I just want Franta home cos it so quiet without him but will have to wait until tomorrow night.

Even when he was upstairs sleeping , I could feel his presence and knew any time he would come down stairs head butting ands rubbing and just climb up on me without asking.

When he was at the other vets a year and a half ago, I could hear him howling as I went thro the door and he came home not because he was better but because he wouldnt eat and he completely trashed his cage...........he was standing on back legs leaning through the bars of cage. Rachel understood him so well and knew it was no good keeping him there.

Ok this time he is with cats only and maybe is getting attention but when I rang I was told the vn didnt know how he was, only David!!
This morning before the jab he was just acting as normal Franta but they dont know what normal Franta is like.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1513 on: November 30, 2010, 22:48:48 PM »
Thinking of you and Franta :hug: :hug: xx
Pav

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #1512 on: November 30, 2010, 22:40:48 PM »
Gill, that VN, Sharon sounds so nice and glad David Steele has turned out to be ok too.  Hopefully both you and Franta will have a good night.

Bonnie and Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1511 on: November 30, 2010, 22:15:50 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hope Franta is eating again.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #1510 on: November 30, 2010, 22:09:58 PM »
Poor Franta - how is he doing -any news ?
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1509 on: November 30, 2010, 19:45:43 PM »

What news Gill?  :hug:

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #1508 on: November 30, 2010, 19:33:23 PM »
Awww bless. poor Franta get better soon
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1507 on: November 30, 2010, 15:01:36 PM »
Just had a call from the vets......panic panic.............from David Steele the guy I spoke to this morning.

He has now read through all Frantas notes and was much more civilized and Franta is doing fine except not eating.

He wanted to check if I wanted bloods done cos none had been done since he was at old vets and we discussed and he listened! As Franta would have to be sedated I did not think a good idea, he said they maybe could get withought but I was worried that the stress would cause him to have a seizure and David agreed.

I asked him what woulld it help as Franta cant be pilled so only thing he could have would be a jab and he said special food. I told him both birmans were near impossible to feed as he could see now as Franta wont eat.....he agreed.

He said to ring through again about 1745 and see how Franta is, so much better to talk to on the phone, maybe it was a bad time this morning.

So hope Franta is eating by then and if not they should not put so much lacto B in food and it must be mixed in............surely they would mix it in.........wouldnt they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1506 on: November 30, 2010, 14:42:07 PM »

Gill, am so sorry the day got off to such a bad start.  :hug:  On the plus side, at least the VN was lovely, and as she's the one likely to spend most time with Franta, that's probably for the best. 

With regard to your speed awareness course, it isn't so bad.  Much better than points on your licence and a fine. Although, I can't really talk rationally about speed cameras and revenue they raise because I just become a raving lunatic!  :evillaugh:  I understand reckless speeds kill, but I can't agree with all speed limits imposed or where certain cameras are situated.  I know of some genuine Northumberland accident blackspots where cameras have been declined time and again , and yet a place near where I work regularly has mobile camera traps set up, and when I enquired of the Council, there have been NO fatalaties on that stretch of road in the last 10 years, and it isn't near a school or other built up area of housing etc - it runs on the outskirts of industrial wasteland.  Madness.   >:(

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1505 on: November 30, 2010, 14:39:07 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Sorry the news isn't better.  Hard though it is I think you made the right decision leaving him at the vets.  perhpas you'll be able to get some rest (even though you are still worrying about him).

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1504 on: November 30, 2010, 14:18:48 PM »
Topping up the  :hug: :hug: and positive vibes for you and Franta, you must have been so stressed this morning and the last thing you need is a snidey vet. Glad the VN was nice though, hopefully Franta will be a bit better when you ring later  :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1503 on: November 30, 2010, 13:56:33 PM »
4hrs of talking I believe but such a waste of time.......sigh although better than points

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1502 on: November 30, 2010, 13:52:17 PM »
sorry to hear things aren't going well

re the speed awareness course - if is like the London one it is several hours of nothing so don't worry about it  :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1501 on: November 30, 2010, 13:28:56 PM »
We had a very good night but a terrible this morning...........sigh

I gave Franta his jab and he was being his usual naughty self and rolling on his back and making life so hard, took 15 mins to get the jab in which makes us so stressed.

I noticed the red mark on his neck that I saw yesterday was bigger and avoided that bit but after the jab it was like he was nearly paralised aqnd he crawled a bit a lay with eyes closed and wasnt moving but was breathing.

Phoned up vets and they said to bring him then as emergency.

Car was frozen, Ducha was being sick all over place and big cats had no food and I was in total panic.

During the hours very fast drive, I thought he had stopped breathing at one point but then he moved his head, broke speed limit all way! Saw a horrible snidey vet, who didnt do people at all and by this time Franta was sitting up flashing his blue eyes but was not himself at all. Wasnt sure he really did cats either!

He pronounced Franta fine but wanted to change his meds.........why cant they read the bloomin notes......anser was he must not change the meds.......I told him that Franta was not right and I had a problem tomorrow cos the course I cant cancel was tomorrow not Friday like I thought and if I have problem like this morning I would have real problems.

He said I could bring Franta in tomorrow and they would keep him till the evening or he could stay now..............but it was like snap snap fast fast decision................my head was not upto making fast decisions......so he decided that he would go and fill the syringes up to correct level while I thought about it. He also said he could give anti-imflamatory jab which would help Frantas neck and also the abcess in his brain.

I decided that Franta should stay and I would collect him after 1800 tomorrow, he assured me that anti imflamatory would not work contrary to the marbocyl and I told him that the marbocyl must not be changed.

I had taken Frantas food, lacto B incase he had to stay but wanted to give specific feeding instructions, but he said he would send the head nurse to get those. I asked him why the reaction this morning and he sorta shrugged and said he didnt know...............and from attitude and look on face he obviously didnt care either.

The head VN was lovely and gave her the food and instructions, Told her he only answered to Napoleon and hated dogs. She said that cats and dogs were seperated now and also told her he hated being in a cage at vets and has in passed trashed the cage completely. She said if he didnt like being with the other cats, he could also be in a room on his own but I said he probably would be better to be with the other cats cos there would be more people contact and he just loved people.

By this time he was fluttering his eyes at her and cuddling up being stroked until she picked him up, he didnt like that much and I told her he was a clawing, licking biting monster..............she said she was used to that and her arms were covered in scratches! I told her lick turned into abite and she said they had had another birman in who did that and maybe its a birman thing. Also the shouting at top of voice.

She said I can ring in at any time and speak to the nurse on duty, even after hours.......sad the vet wasnt as nice. Steele was his name and also nature!

Sharon was head Vn just so I can look here and remember.

So sadly he is in their care now and hope he will be alright, I am missing him already.

But hoping that my stress will drop a bit cos need to be not angry while on this course tomorrow, which is a car speed awareness course that I was offered inlieu of points on my licence back in mid Sep, this was first course available cos they are targetting drivers on the M4 J23 - J28 grrrrrrrrr. I couldnt cancel it without losing £80 and maybe not getting another within time limit that police set and then getting points on licence.

Will ring about Franta just after 1800 and maybe later tonight, and hope they tellme he is sleeping all peaceful like and has been a good boy and no seizures.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 14:42:41 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1500 on: November 30, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »
Topping up the positive vibes for Frantaman.  Hope you've had a peaceful night and hoping for no more seizures - ever.  Have a safe trip to vets.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #1499 on: November 30, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
drive carefully getting his new meds  :hug: and fingers crossed you have a lovely day together and Franta is back to himself  :hug:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #1498 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:53 AM »
Hope you have safe journey to vets :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1497 on: November 30, 2010, 08:54:34 AM »
Sending get better vibes and hugs in abundance.  :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #1496 on: November 30, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »
Poor Franta.  I hope he's feeling better soon - fingers crossed the increased dose will do the trick.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1495 on: November 30, 2010, 07:01:29 AM »

Just popping by to wish you both good morning and hoping and praying you both had a good night.  You certainly needed one.  :hug: :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1494 on: November 30, 2010, 00:58:10 AM »
Thank you and off to bed soon and hope to get full meds him tomorrow before todays run out and hope that will stop a seizure tomorrow morning.

Then off to the vets to get full meds for him.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #1493 on: November 29, 2010, 23:13:12 PM »
 Gill, :hug: :hug: to you and Franta - in my thoughts.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #1492 on: November 29, 2010, 23:03:14 PM »
Hugs Gill to you and Franta

Been thinking about you guys today and really hoped the seizures would have stopped.

I hope the meds help
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #1491 on: November 29, 2010, 22:00:29 PM »
Hope You and Franta can get some rest tonight :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #1490 on: November 29, 2010, 21:21:47 PM »
Poor Franta and poor you  :hug :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope the increased dose helps him and his tummy soon settles too .
What a stressful time for you all  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sending loads of healing vibes to Franta from the persian gang here.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1489 on: November 29, 2010, 21:09:15 PM »
Gill - do hope the increased (normal) dose will help control the seizures for Franta.

Sending lots of these for you and Franta  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #1488 on: November 29, 2010, 20:01:18 PM »
Gill so sorry Franta is having more seizueres. The rectal valium is brilliant, I use that with Ollie and it calms him down. will pm you
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1487 on: November 29, 2010, 19:32:11 PM »
Thank you very much everyone  :hug:

The support means so much to me and helps me keep going when its rough and that helps me to keep Franta going.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1486 on: November 29, 2010, 19:29:21 PM »
Gill, you've had a heck of a worrying day, but glad they've given you the go-ahead at the vets.  Sending lots of "peaceful night" vibes for you and Franta.     :hug: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #1485 on: November 29, 2010, 18:07:37 PM »
Sorry to hear that Franta's seizures have started again,  :hug: - I missed this thread, been so wrapped up in my own sadness about George, havent been keeping up. Hope you can get this under control soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1484 on: November 29, 2010, 17:33:28 PM »
Oh Gill. Poor Franta, hope he improves again soon. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1483 on: November 29, 2010, 17:27:32 PM »
Poor Franta - lets hope he soon feels better xxxxx :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #1482 on: November 29, 2010, 17:20:26 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1481 on: November 29, 2010, 17:18:07 PM »
 :hug: poor franta
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1480 on: November 29, 2010, 16:52:01 PM »
Finally after 4 phones calls and 4 different receptionists one passed me through to Garath and he agrees that the change in the meds may have caused the seizure and he told me its Ok to up the dose and for now to open up one syringe and take out another 0.2 and then take the syringes in to be topped up tomorrow amd he will also give me a rectal valium tube for Franta incase of a really bad seizure.

I had forgotten about that on Sat cos have one in fridge but its been there since feb.

Frantas tummy now gone, my bloomin fault cos forgot to start the lacto B yesterday and when he has a seizure all I think of is getting him to eat quickly  :-[

Will bring the jab forward tomorrow to try and stop another seizure, we were out by about 20 mins today.

It would be lovely if he felt good enough to come down stairs again tonight cos it will mean the marbocyl has kicked in again.

Franta has moved closer to the littter tray, poor boy.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1479 on: November 29, 2010, 14:50:52 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1478 on: November 29, 2010, 14:35:54 PM »
He is playing me up to some extent but could just be confusion, I just went up to check on hiom and he immediately started meowing, so gave him more food which he licked and left, so he isnt hungry.

He may just want me to stay with him but doesnt really want to be stroked...........attention seeking!

Oh hell forgotten to put food down for Misa when he wakes up...........rushing upstairs downstairs , washing cat dishes most of which used upstairs and trying to get phones sorted and now waiting for vets to ring.......my poor head not functioning very well

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #1477 on: November 29, 2010, 14:27:24 PM »
Gill hope Franta will not have any more seizures :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat