Author Topic: RIP Franta Napoleon 13 Aug 93 - 10 May 2011  (Read 356386 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Frantas change in behavior - seems to be seizure free again :)
« Reply #555 on: February 23, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »
Don't know which I'm more eager to know about today.... my promotion at work or Franta.  Gotta be Franta  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary and Bonnie xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #554 on: February 23, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Good luck Gill & Franta  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #553 on: February 23, 2009, 11:10:23 AM »
Good luck guys x

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #552 on: February 23, 2009, 10:03:53 AM »
all fingers and paws are crossed here for Franta today Gill  :hug: for you too.

Drive safely and I hope the visit is filled with lots of good news for you both.  It may just take some time before Franta returns to normal and no doubt with the amount of meds running through his wee body he is maybe feeling a tad 'out of it'.

We try to keep up with this thread daily.... so will check back in later to see how our wee boy Franta is then.   Sending you lots of :hug: :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #551 on: February 23, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »
Best of luck hunnie  :hug:  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #550 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:47 AM »
Gill, keepimg everything crossed for you today and hope you and Franta had a peaceful night.   :hug: :hug:

Thinking back over your posts Gill,  some of Franta's behaviour is not dissimilar to how Paddy was after his stroke - the yowling, the slight forgetfulness or familiar things seeming unfamiliar to him.  He did get gradually  better over time, and now he hardly yowls at all, although he still has the odd forgetful episode - and of course he asks to be fed every half hour but then turns his nose up at most things, so you begin a frenzied ransacking of the cupboards in search of anything you thinkg he'd eat.

Safe journey, and let us know how you get on.   :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #549 on: February 23, 2009, 00:42:18 AM »
Hope you have a safe and uneventful journey tomorrow .
Lots of good vibes from the Lincoln clan for Franta - hope is weight is okay and he soon gets back to his normal self.
 :hug: :hug: to you all.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #548 on: February 23, 2009, 00:07:36 AM »
Sending positive vibes for Franta visit tomorrow and  :hug: :hug: for you Gill. x

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #547 on: February 22, 2009, 23:00:09 PM »
 :hug:  :hug: for you and Franta tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #546 on: February 22, 2009, 22:23:13 PM »
Don't forget the completed Axa claim forms tomorrow Gill and ask at vets when they are likely to send them off coz any delays I had with settlement was more down to vet's only sending them off once a week rather than delay by Axa.  If vet sends off straightaway, I would expect settlement within 7 to 10 days.

Just a few  :hug: :hug: :hug: for Mr Frantapants and you too Gill for tomorrow's visit.  Hope you both get a decent night's sleep and an event free drive to and from vet. Also hope Franta's weight is still around 4.5kg. Just lots and lots of good vibes and we'll all be with you in spirit  :cuddle:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #545 on: February 22, 2009, 20:13:29 PM »
Hope everything goes well tomorrow.  Sending positive vibes your way Franta from me and my girls x

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #544 on: February 22, 2009, 15:57:35 PM »
Best of luck tomorrow x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #543 on: February 22, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »
Went to bed too late my fault so tired again grrrrrrrrrrr.

Was woken up by Franta howling and he wanted to eat some biscuits but the problem was his brother was eating them!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

During the night a vast quantity of biscuits have been eaten...bedroom biscuits that is and at 0330 was out in the garden with him cos he decided to go out and swan about. He may have thought it fun but I didnt LOL.............its funny they act just like they would if it was light and I had hoped he had popped out to make use of it as a litter tray. No he came back in to do that!

He is asleep behind his curtain again and although he knew I had gone back to bed after giving him his injection, he either forgot or definately didnt look but went to the top of the stairs and howled. When I called him he came back into bedroom and got up onto the bed with me but left again quite quick.

Dont know if he has just got into a habbit this week that I get up early and go downstairs, maybe he was howling to tell me that I shouldnt be in bed.........who can guess!

Offline BlueHeather

• Adult Cat
  • That's Mr CATTITUDE to you pal
« Reply #542 on: February 22, 2009, 11:07:38 AM »
My big Birman Boy is sending Franta lots of licks to help him feel better  :)
Cats leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #541 on: February 22, 2009, 10:54:52 AM »
I am glad he has had no fits, even if he is worrying you with his eating habits - hopefully the vet can put your mind at rest tomorrow.
Please spay your cat

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #540 on: February 22, 2009, 10:48:47 AM »
give him time Gill. He's been through so much and has had fits and very strong drugs too  :hug: hope he's feeling all right today. Lovely people on here told me one day, one hour at a time and that's all you can do.
He's done so well and no more fits is wonderful news.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #539 on: February 22, 2009, 01:30:01 AM »
Bless him  :hug:  I'm so glad he hasn't had any more fits.  That is definitely a good sign.  It will take him a while to get over this though and settle down.  I hope you get the Franta you know and love back soon  :hug:  Good luck at the vet on Monday.

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #538 on: February 22, 2009, 00:26:03 AM »
Thank you and he has been on one of his quiet days today.

Has come for cuddles when he wanted but feel he is losing weight and he is back to jelly licking grrrrrrrrr. I was hoping he would remember how to eat, not hoover like he was but just sorta nibble away at his food at least.

I think he is gradually settling down but not the noraml Franta yet........I suppose he may never be quite the same as he was but I just feel there is so much sadness in his blue eyes and how he looks at me. I hope its my imagination playing tricks but he is also a lot gentler than he was. almost like he is trying so hard to be normal but cant quite do it.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #537 on: February 21, 2009, 23:03:43 PM »
Looking good Gill - best of luck for Monday.

Love M & B xx :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #536 on: February 21, 2009, 20:55:29 PM »
Gill, you've been doing wonders for Franta, I'm so glad he seems to be picking up.  :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #535 on: February 21, 2009, 14:18:58 PM »
Gill I haven't been on here for a while due to various things so have just been reading through all of this thread. So sorry that you and Franta have been through such a horrible and scary time but very pleased to see things seem to be getting better.

Please have lots of  :hug: :hug: from me and the boys and here's hoping you have managed to sort out the problem and our lovely boy will get better by the day.

Much love to you and Franta and of course your other babes too  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #534 on: February 21, 2009, 13:14:50 PM »
I ahve been lurking in this thread since the start but couldn't really think of anything to add that others weren't already saying.

So pleased Franta is doing much better and coming round to his old self. Soggy nosed head butts from Dave and head licks from Chilli. Some of these from me :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #533 on: February 21, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
Am keeping fingers crossed cos I had a sleep last night and Franta didnt wake me up at all  ;D

He doesnt seem to be howling as much and is up and around more. Ceratinly howling now seems to be more wanting attention than food but he is fast going back to jelly licking and how he was eating brefore.

i am hoping now as he seems to be gaining more pf his confidence and getting some indepence back that this is a really good sign.

only two more abs injections to go.....they are so hard to give when he is rolling about wanting his chin and tummy stroked  :rofl:

we go back to the vet on monday morning and dont know what gareth will say.....is it the abs stop and we sit and hope or what.

Offline BlueHeather

• Adult Cat
  • That's Mr CATTITUDE to you pal
« Reply #532 on: February 21, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »
Gill, so sorry but I have only just read through this regarding Franta.  I do so hope he is OK, a lot of what I was reading could easily have been Toby (I wondered at first if it was a 'Birman' thing), he too just licks off the jelly or gravy and eats very little of his actual food, he has had his teeth done and throat checked out and all is fine there.  He too has renal failure - but the past few days posts from you have been terrifying - I feel for you and know what a worry it must be - sending lots of love and hugs for Franta and you too
Cats leave paw prints on your heart

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2009, 16:51:10 PM »
Because I am in alot I remember whenever we had a day out and came in that evening and were sat watching TV our Squeaky would go into the kitchen and start yowling, we knew he would do it before he did and we would call him and he would come pounding in and be ok but it was like he just protested a bit and wanted that attention.  I think if Franta seems otherwise well Gill I would guess he is a bit anxious after the upset :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #530 on: February 20, 2009, 16:37:16 PM »
I have just been out for two hours shopping in Tesco's - I come back in to find Tiffany in her basket by the fire and Trigger on the mohair blanket on my bed - neither so much as lifted a head to check who it was :(

at least Franta seems appreciative of all you do for him, Gill

Thats how he would be normally but his behavior is very different at present.

Thanks Debbie and yes Mary , I am sure you are absolutely right and its a bif combination of things and think he missed me as much as I missed him

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #529 on: February 20, 2009, 16:20:09 PM »
Hi Gill, I'm new to the forum and have been catching up with reading here. You and Frantas have really been through a nightmare. Hope all works out good for you both! Good luck!  :hug:
Debbie

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #528 on: February 20, 2009, 16:18:21 PM »
I have just been out for two hours shopping in Tesco's - I come back in to find Tiffany in her basket by the fire and Trigger on the mohair blanket on my bed - neither so much as lifted a head to check who it was :(

at least Franta seems appreciative of all you do for him, Gill
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #527 on: February 20, 2009, 16:15:06 PM »
Thing is Gill, we think we know them and all their habits but then they do something else to confuse us.

The past few nights Bonnie's slept in the spare bedroom, mind you it is full of clean washing ready to iron and cuddly toys.

I think it's a mixture of the weather, the injections and all the stress he's been under.  And not forgetting HE'S MISSED HIS MUMMY.  :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

M & B xx

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #526 on: February 20, 2009, 15:58:11 PM »
Have just been for a very stressful shop in Tescoes and got held up on way there due to an accident and then probs once in Tescoes....bllooming useless place!

So was out much longer than I wanted and just got back in the house and yes there was Franta howling at the top of his voice,

He wasnt hungry so starting to think he is just really insecure at the moment but trouble is I cant tell if his little head and mind is OK,

He is restless like me and dont think he can work out what to do with himself.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #525 on: February 20, 2009, 15:51:49 PM »
Aww i am sorry Franta had a bad night :( I hope he is better tonight and you can get some rest. :hug: :hug: x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #524 on: February 20, 2009, 11:34:46 AM »
Am sorry to hear Franta was restless at night, they always seem to be worse during the night don't they?  Hopefully he has calmed down and you can all relax a bit today.  try not to stress too much (I know you will though) and look after yourself too
 :hug: :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
Franta is still attack free but have terrible night with him and got very little sleep.

He had food before I went to bed and then woke me up howling at usual time just before 0330 and never really got back to sleep after that cos he started howling again and hour later. He had food at 0330 but he is not really eating and therte was loads of food there.

From 0430 onwards we had repaeted episodes of howling from 10 mins to amd hour apart right umtil I got up. He had yet another food around 0630 but licked part of the jelly and that was it.

I felt yesterday that he really wanted to use a litter tray for solids but all he would do is sniff around them and around 0700 or later after a lot of howling standing near the tray, finally he used it and was much calmer after that but was then woken up by Ducha trying to bring up a furball! He didnt and as he is on the bed now ..............................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Took me ages to get injection into Franta cos he just wanted to have tummy strokes and was lying on his back and eventually had to lift him onto bed to do the deed.

To my amazment he must have rushed out the cat flap at some point and as I came into kitchen he nearly knocked me over as he charged back in.....now have found out the reason for the haste but cant write it here!

Still have no claim forms from AXA and will start a thread on that.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2009, 07:24:14 AM »
Just topping up the good and positive vibes for Franta and hope you had a restful night and things look better this morning :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2009, 07:18:35 AM »

I am just wishing so hard that he is gonna be OK.

You and the rest of us peeps on Purrs :hug:

Absolutely.    :hug:

Hope you've had a restful night Gill.  Clever Franta, knowing the little black cat was there. 

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #520 on: February 19, 2009, 23:16:08 PM »
i agree Mary and have just said that to someone else...they must be well built up now cos only 4vmore jabs to go and stated this last Friday.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #519 on: February 19, 2009, 23:09:12 PM »
You're doing all you can Gill and I think he is just KNACKERED like you are  :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:  Plus the injections might be making him feel different the more he has and it will be in his system more now.  (This is just a thought, I don't know for certain).

Love M & B Xx :hug:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #518 on: February 19, 2009, 19:59:45 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: - Top-up from me, Chloe and Mr T + my OH ( who pretends not to, but reads Purrs over my shoulder and has started asking after Franta  :) )
People Power Works!!!

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #517 on: February 19, 2009, 19:52:26 PM »
 :thanks:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #516 on: February 19, 2009, 19:51:20 PM »

I am just wishing so hard that he is gonna be OK.

You and the rest of us peeps on Purrs :hug:

Link to CatChat