Author Topic: The benefits of cold weather ...  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Re: The benefits of cold weather ...
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 22:50:51 PM »
Aw that is great. 

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 21:32:04 PM »
Thats lovely  :Luv2:

Mia makes me laugh if she thinks i'm downstairs on the computer too long, first by miaowing loudly, then jumping on my lap and padding me to death, then her final step is blocking off the mac's screen while miaowing and padding  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 20:57:42 PM »
ah yes, I know that demand - my current lot are more than happy to take themselves of which can actually be a bit disconcerting. More so when Shadow does it - makes me feel I have been deserted ... :-:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 20:46:57 PM »
Its lovely when they finally become that trusting.  It took time with Mr T, but once he caught on that I was happy for him to be there, and even welcomed it, I couldntt budge him.  Now he meows at me when HE wants to go to bed .....
People Power Works!!!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
The benefits of cold weather ...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 20:30:46 PM »
Esther has always been a standoffish cat since she arrived. Doesn't want to be picked up. sleeps downstairs by choice, runs off when you approach to stroke her ... you get the picture. Some nights I have been fairly sure she sneaks onto the bed, but she is always gone immediately anyone moves and then doesn't come back that night. But ...

Over the last couple of weeks there have been enormous strides! She leaps up beside me on the couch and demand cuddles. She lets me pick her up (sometimes), and most importantly, she is almost always first to bed! She has adopted the pillow beside mine. Last night, which was somehow cold and windy and awful so that the dog was invited on the bed, she even stayed there when he got up and settled himself down and so I had all three there sharing with me!! :wow: This was something of a mixed blessing, but I was just so pleased that she is finally realising she is safe and loved. I feel almost guilty that I am going to break this idyll by shipping them all off to Australia in two weeks. But I guess she will resume that level of affection if only due to the issues of proximity when we are all sharing a caravan for a few weeks while they settle into their new home ...

Link to CatChat