Author Topic: Embarrassing phone call - only 1/2 the Fortekor were in the box.  (Read 4863 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Embarrassing phone call - only 1/2 the Fortekor were in the box.
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 15:26:53 PM »
I got a card through the letterbox today so it sounds like I have another free 28 Fortekor to collect  :evillaugh:

I'm not complaining as I need 60 a month  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 07:41:11 AM »
Well whatever the reason I am glad to hear she is enjoying herself and obviously feeling much better :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 07:37:11 AM »
I tried with the Metacam but she was having none of it. As it is goo, I decided to wipe it on her fur for her to clean off. Amazingly, she is like a kitten this morning - running around, purring etc. OH put it down to catching her licking some cocopops milk  :evillaugh: - I would be surprised if there is any effect yet but she seems a lot better. I haven't heard her cough or sneeze yet today but will find out this afternoon how she is doing.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 06:32:25 AM »
 :hug: for little willow and  :hug: for you.  They are such worries but let's hope she responds to the jab.  Hope you manage to get the Metacam down her. 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 20:44:15 PM »
I took her to the vet this afternoon. Her trachea is inflamed so they gave her a convenia jab and I have to give her metacam for 5 days. If there is no improvement, they want to give her a tracking x-ray. They said that a wet cough usually indicates something lower down but to try this route first.

She said asthma is a possibility but that is usually a dry cough. I'm so glad I got her the fluffy igloo on Sunday as she is curled up fast asleep inside it. Hopefully the metacam is easing things for her  :Luv2:

My poor little 2.5kg girl  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 21:10:43 PM by Mark »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 20:34:05 PM »
How is Willow, you mentioned she had a nasty coughing fit?

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 18:51:41 PM »
Result!!! :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 18:42:43 PM »
I was given 56 Fortekor FOC  :shy: - also told to keep the other 28 if they do end up being delivered at some point (sent 1st class on Monday)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 14:55:40 PM »
They offered for one of the nurses to drop a box round tonight but while I was on the phone, willow had a nasty coughing fit so she is booked in for 4.50pm and I will collect them then. So much for catching up on uni work  :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 14:39:28 PM »
Still no tablets - I am going to speak to the owner as this is getting beyond a joke. I have no tablets for my cats!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 19:36:04 PM »
OK so I phoned them last week and they said they will post them. I phoned yesterday when I realised they hadn't come and I was down to 2 pills. The very efficient practice manager said they were on the side and it was a lot of good as the other person hadn't marked them up to be posted. She said they would go out in the post no fail. I got a call around 5pm last night saying they had been marked up to go on a next day service but they had a girl on work experience who had only put a single stamp on the letter. They said that if I got charged the extra, they would credit my account. OH was working from home today so I warned him to keep an eye out. Got home tonight and no tablets  :tired: - I had a look in the meds drawer and found 1 1/2 tablets so gave Clapton the whole one and will give Willow the 1/2  :Crazy:
I am hoping they are here when I get home tomorrow otherwise I will have to drive 10 miles to get some more  :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 20:04:19 PM »
No prob Pav - Glad MM answered as I dob't know he first thing about thyroid problems. Anyway, I checked the car and no sign of them.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 19:54:43 PM »
It would depend what she has come down to, the regular blood tests will keep an eye, if they drop again then i would expect he would change her dose.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 19:43:15 PM »
Theres not much difference Pav so best to wait  ;D

Thanks, i did manage to leave work early and collect the tablets.
I have one more question about Phoebe, if some one can help?
Sorry Mark if i am using your tread for this but its related to Thyroid problem ,
Phoebe has been on Felimazole 5 mg , twice a day since 5 weeks ago and now her thyroid levels has come down , but the vet said she has to take the same dose for rest of her life, i remember with Jim who was on twice a day but once the level came down the vet changed it to once a day. Even for Boy it was changed from 5mg to 2.5mg. I was wondering if any one knows about this, i know i should do what the vet says but TBH my cats havent been lucky with their last 2 vets and with this new vet i am questioning everything!
Thanks.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 19:11:25 PM »
Theres not much difference Pav so best to wait  ;D

In a chemist other far less/unqualified staff can do more than you think  :evillaugh:
Many accidents could be prevented if people took their checking more seriously, you cant check and chat at the same time  >:(
I remember the person whos cat was given the wrong strength Baytril with very sad results, we never did get an update on the poor cat  :(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 10:43:55 AM »
Hi Mark,

Phoebe isbeen on R/C sensivity wet and dry since October which she was diagnosed with IBD and thyroid and i also give her Felix senior pouches in the evenings, yesterday she went to vets for T4 tests but because her white blood cells was very low in December i asked the vet to do full blood for everything thats when he called in the eve and said she shows sign of early stages of CRF, he also said high T4 causes high blood presure thats why last test didnt show the kidney problem , apparently they are all conected and now that T4 is low again the blood pressure is low and the kidney problem started to show! :Crazy:
TBH Phoebe has so many health issues and they are all connected, that i decided i try and give her the med and the food but if she doesnt want to take it i let her have her way and enjoy what ever time she has,  since we cant treat everything  :-: I aked the vet yesterday if she can have steroids for her IBD but he said because of the cat flu she had is best not to give her steroids, she is also so stressed from the vet visit that since i got her back home yesterday she is sheding her fur like i have never seen and she got sore eyes  :(
I did ask the vet about renal food for her but he said no she cant handle it because of high protien or fat, not sure which one.
Thanks for the advice on Fortekor.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 09:07:44 AM »
Thanks Mark.

The two i got from my neighbour has no dosage on the foil and not written Fortekor or any name :-: Best wait till Monday.

Hi Pav,

Probably best. I don't think 2 days wil make any difference. Is phoebe being fed renal or senior food? - Clapton has senior and thrives on it and enjoys it. I can't force him to eat renal food so it is a good compromise.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 09:04:25 AM »
Has she managed to take any yet Mark?  Will she just eat them?

No - I just updated her thread. She isn't too pleased about having gunk smeared on her.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »
Has she managed to take any yet Mark?  Will she just eat them?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 00:20:34 AM »
Thanks Mark.

The two i got from my neighbour has no dosage on the foil and not written Fortekor or any name :-: Best wait till Monday.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 23:53:09 PM »
I haven't seen the 5mg but I assume they are bigger. The easy way to tell is the 2.5mg are palatable and the 5mg are film coated - the dosage is printed on the foil.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 00:01:46 AM by Mark »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 22:51:55 PM »
Mark , do you know if Fortekor in 2.5 mg looks any different from 5mg,maybe smaller   ? I need to know because Phoebe blood test result was ready this evening and the vet called and said she is at early stage of kidney disease , and said he is going to leave a box in the reception , but i cant make it tomorrow morning and they close at 12, so i asked my neighbour who's cat is on Fortekor to borrow 2 till Monday , but she doesnt know if they are 5 or 2.5! :Crazy: they are big though. Phoebe needs to take 2.5 so now i am not sure if i use my neighbours or leave it till Monday :tired:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 00:22:09 AM by pappilon »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 22:07:51 PM »
I bought a box of 56 the other day but was using up the old ones. When I opened the box just now, there were only 2 strips.

Are you 100% sure Mark  :sneaky: I bought some sinus tablets a few weeks ago as they were on offer, went to take one the other day and opened the box to find there was only one strip in there and there should have been two.  I was well miffed... for about 10 mins until I remembered that I'd taken out a strip to take to work, good job I hadn't complained to the shop  :evillaugh:

Well it was a new box that I had just opened. Thinking about it, the box had fallen out of my pocket in the car - I will check in the morning but would be surprised if 2 strips came out without the box opening. You have got me thinking now. I don't want to go to the car park as Friday night is when all the chavs are about.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 22:04:54 PM »
Thinking about it, when you get a human prescription, they check thoroughly and count pills etc. so I am surprised they allow a trainee to dispense. As they weren't checked, they couldn't just have easily been the wrong drug or the right drug but wrong dose. She obviously just looked at the box. Dangerous really. Hopefully she will learn from the mistake. I a chenist shop, only a pharmacist can dispense but obviously the rules are more lax for vets.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 22:02:36 PM »
I bought a box of 56 the other day but was using up the old ones. When I opened the box just now, there were only 2 strips.

Are you 100% sure Mark  :sneaky: I bought some sinus tablets a few weeks ago as they were on offer, went to take one the other day and opened the box to find there was only one strip in there and there should have been two.  I was well miffed... for about 10 mins until I remembered that I'd taken out a strip to take to work, good job I hadn't complained to the shop  :evillaugh:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 22:00:00 PM »
Yes dont be embarressed, I am sure they do drug stock checks every night so would have realised they had more than they should have.

You were prescribed them sweetie and paid for them.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 18:18:47 PM »
Why be embarassed?  It wasnt your mistake and as theyd been prescribed, you should have them :)  But I know what you mean .... :-[
People Power Works!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Embarrassing phone call - only 1/2 the Fortekor were in the box.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 17:49:14 PM »
I bought a box of 56 the other day but was using up the old ones. When I opened the box just now, there were only 2 strips. I phoned the vets but felt really uncomfortable even though I was telling the truth. I think the older ones would have checked when they dispensed but the young girl did it. Anyway, she said she would leave them out for me to collect. I said I didn't fancy driving 10 miles for them. They are going to post them.

Link to CatChat