Author Topic: Best of Friends  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Best of Friends
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 18:45:52 PM »
Gillian, what on earth makes you think YOU are entitled to a seat in your house?  I bet the only one you get is the toilet  :evillaugh: :naughty: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Welll.......not always LOL!  :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 22:47:25 PM »
Bless them all  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 22:44:51 PM »
Gillian, what on earth makes you think YOU are entitled to a seat in your house?  I bet the only one you get is the toilet  :evillaugh: :naughty: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 17:59:32 PM »
Yep - been sat here running through the list :rofl:

LOL!  :rofl:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 17:58:06 PM »
Yep - been sat here running through the list :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 17:53:47 PM »
Sorry , got the wrong one!! I meant the ginger one at the back............................ :evillaugh:

You mean Joe then! LOL  :rofl:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 17:50:32 PM »
Sorry , got the wrong one!! I meant the ginger one at the back............................ :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 16:50:25 PM »

No, no 'in' joke DM - and CC and Kirst both wrong anyway :rofl: it isnt Jasper or Sam squashed in on the right hand side - its Lucy LOL!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 16:27:16 PM »
no, DM, no 'in joke', just a way of describing the way he is tucked in the corner ...

Dark Moon

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 16:19:37 PM »
Sorry, there apparently is an 'in' joke here I was not aware of.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 16:14:26 PM »
Jasper looks well penned in there!! :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 15:53:38 PM »
yes, with the colder weather we have been having of late Smidgen has taken to sliding under the duvet as the living room is apparently not to his taste. I nearly sat on him the other day when removing my slippers before retiring - fortunately the lump moved at the critical moment and I was able to avoid it by sliding down the side of the bed onto the floor - the dog was rather confused, but he is used to being confused, being a dog ... :Luv: and so just rushed over to lick me better ...

Dark Moon

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 15:36:10 PM »
Floors - oh yes, I go there too.

Especially the ones with heat vents.

Sadly, I am always too late there as well. I used to wonder why the house was so cold (apart from the climate and living in what is, effectively, an uninsulated house). But then I noticed.... The furnace comes on and we hear this "whoosh".......  Almost immediately followed by a "Whumpf".

Kitties landing on the furnace vents.

I also have to be extremely careful about apparently unoccupied chairs. I put blankets and such over the chairs a while ago in a totally stupid attempt to keep some of the cat hair off them as well as try to keep them safer from claws. Neither worked, by the way. I knew the claw one wouldn't but the other.....

They drill themselves under the blankets. So even 'unoccupied' chairs normally are occupied. One looks for those tell-tale 'lumps'.

Squeezing out room in the bed..... Never do I sleep with fewer than 9 kitties. And the pillows? Felix prefers to sleep on pillows. So I have extra. But Edgar (you just cannot understand Edgar. Everyone in town knows Edgar. Even those who don't much know or like me know and love Edgar. He's quite the Fellow) prefers not only to sleep on the pillow.... no.... He comes to bed. Demands to be allowed under covers. Where he goes, twirls around, pops his head back out and then sleeps .... him under covers and up against me, with head on pillow (don't ya know).  My Baby and King, Winston, hates Edgar. Winston sleeps on top on me. This can cause difficulties when he sees Edgar..... We have had notable battles... with me and my poor head in the middle.....

Wouldn't have it any other way though, you know. Well, except maybe it being lots warmer. And the two of them not fighting so over me. And having more pillows and all to go around........

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 15:16:50 PM »
That would be a very furry cushion  :evillaugh:

Is that my man I see there  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 15:12:54 PM »
I have a large house and I am the only human in it (you can't ever say you 'live alone' with a family like mine!). 2 'livingrooms' with chairs. The spare room has a couch,. My bedroom has a chair. Chairs all over the place. And yet I wander from room to room looking for a place to sit. It's the 'cat rule' don't ya know. One can never, ever disturb a sleeping cat.....

I do the same - often end up sitting on the floor LOL!  :rofl:

Dark Moon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 14:54:29 PM »
Ah.... but we keep warmer that way!

Wish I had the ability to post. We routinely have 'cat clumps' like that - only larger. Much larger.

I have a large house and I am the only human in it (you can't ever say you 'live alone' with a family like mine!). 2 'livingrooms' with chairs. The spare room has a couch,. My bedroom has a chair. Chairs all over the place. And yet I wander from room to room looking for a place to sit. And usually end up having to go lie in bed because there, at least, I can squeeze out room.......... well, sometimes.....

It's the 'cat rule' don't ya know. One can never, ever disturb a sleeping cat.....

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Best of Friends
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 14:49:41 PM »
There just arent enough seats in the house - for me anyway  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat