Author Topic: Smidgen is driving me nuts!!  (Read 1787 times)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Re: Smidgen is driving me nuts!!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 11:18:45 AM »
Sophie is the same BC - drives me up the wall!  She eventually uses the litter tray but her expression says it all.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 19:09:17 PM »
Simon does that if he wants the loo and the light is on, turn the light off and hes happy to use the tray  :tired:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 20:44:20 PM »
Bless him  ;D  He's just keeping you on your toes!

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 20:41:20 PM »
Rameses does this too and he did it a while back on a really frosty night only for him to walk in later as if to say"Mummy stop worrying I am out having fun" >:(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 20:30:59 PM »
Yes. Well so did Smidgen  :sick: and I begin to undesrtand his anxiety  :sick: :sick: There is not enough space in this room for us and the smelll :sick: :sick: :sick:

Still, at least he has settled down again ... and at least I managed to find some disposable gloves the other day so could dispatch the evidence with the minimum of fuss  :sick: :sick:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 20:26:12 PM »
Sometimes they do drive you nuts dont they :Crazy: the old boy i took in from Sam is the same, if he wants to go he goes to the back door and just sits there yowling :innocent:, as hes so old 18+ i only let him in the garden under supervision and in this cold weather i dont let him out at night but that doesnt deter him he still sits yowling and at 3am in the morning thats not good, eventually he will go and use his tray but only under protest :sneaky:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Smidgen is driving me nuts!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 20:16:56 PM »
For some reason only known to Smidgen he has taken it into his head tonight that he wants to be outside. Now apart from the fact it is freezing out there, he has never been allowed outside at night (by design) and knows when we have battened down the hatches that is that. Tonight he has been lying on his side scrabbling at the door into the kitchen frantically, wandering around the room, going back to the door, scrabbling madly once more, wandering into the litter tray, out of the litter tray, over to the other door, back to the kitchen door - I think the message is he needs to do something a little more substantial than a pee - but I am afraid he will have to use the litter tray because even though he is systematically destroying the bottom of the door - he just aint getting out.

I have taken shadow out to check there is nothing lurking out there, and no there isn't so litter needs seem to be the issue - so why does he have to advertise ?? :Crazy:

Link to CatChat