Author Topic: Daisy, SADLY PTS TODAY... 6/1/09 RIP DAISY  (Read 13065 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Fingers crossed for her
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
She is lovely....there something special about the old ones isnt there.

Hope you find a new forever home for her, she deserves it xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
She looks like a lovely old girl - lets hope the homecheck goes well. Just a reminder that my mum's cat Suki went blind at 6 months and my mum cared for until she had to be PTS at the age of 12 (bad arthritis and before Metacam) so could offer a lot of advice.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: she looks a lovely girl and I hope she finds a forever home soon.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Fingers crossed Sharon.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
We only know she is a stray and was picked up by one of our local vets via the public... We may have a possible lead for a home but its outside our area and Julie is HC tomorrow (sat) i think.. So fingers crossed.. Sheis going to be checked at the vet again before rehoming as well..

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Hi Sharon,

She looks a real little beauty. Do you know her story? Maybe the people alerting you to her plight gave you some idea. Reading in between the lines it seems that she has been used to a loving home and, hopefully, not been a stray for long.

I really hope this little lady finds a good home and am pleased that in the short term she has stumbled upon you guys and, especially, an indoor fosterer.

If you get a minute, please let me know some more. Under normsal circumstances,I would love to take her and the age doesn't put me off. However, we have our 'Mognificent 7' and so there is no spare lap, which she obviously needs for comfort and security. Whilst she doesn't mind other cats around, it may be different if they are immediately around in a house and she cannot see them, hence the need for a quiet home with preferrably somebody there all the time.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Daisy, SADLY PTS TODAY... 6/1/09 RIP DAISY
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 12:41:06 PM »
We have just taken in Daisy after she was found as a stray and taken to our vets.. She is tabby a dear soul and although seems in good condition, she does have a eyesight problem and may not see much at all.

She has had all the tests and confirms that other then her eyes she seems in good condition for her age, which could be around 15yrs old. She is currently with one of our indoor fosterers and we wanted to make sure she had some TLC after being a stray for virtually all summer.

Going to be h ard to rehomoe Daisy but not impossible. Photo to comes but pls do spare a thought of a puss cat that needs a lovely retirement home in her advancing years. She has been vac and is chipped.

Anyone with a quiet home would be fine for Daisy all she wants to do is sit on your lap and she seems to of adjusted well to her disability. She uses the litter tray fine.

Doesnt seem to be bothered around other cats or dogs.

Currently in the care of Canterbury CP, Kent..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:18:22 AM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat