Author Topic: The nasty workmen with their noisy machines upsetting my girls  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: The nasty workmen with their noisy machines upsetting my girls
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 19:45:42 PM »
Well I found a "Good Girl" xmas stocking - that is where I normally get them. The thing is, I got it just for the mouse - there is something special about the mouse that you get in the stockings - Willow doesn't bother with other ones but adores this one. You also get a tiny bag of catnip treats that they like, some catnip biscuits that don't like, some dried fish "treats" they don't like and a couple of hard plastic balls with bells in that I hate as they make a racket - I will bin them  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 19:46:03 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 19:41:38 PM »
We had months of it when we moved in 4 years ago, 2 xmases ago we had 2 weeks of it when the redid the basement floor and this time last year for 3 weeks+ when we had yet another new kitchen put in. I have to remember Clapton. I only realised at 1pm or so he had no water upstairs and wouldn't have dared to come down - not good for a CRF cat  :(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 19:38:32 PM »
Ypou have my sympathies - all through the work to our house after the flooding Beavis was a wreck - he hates disruption!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 18:49:45 PM »
I thought it bad enough that they were here 2 days but 3 is going to kill me. It is impossible to study. I can't even go to the loo without one of them calling me for something  >:( - WTF don't they write a list of questions down at the beginning and leave us be?  >:(

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 17:49:55 PM »
I sympathise Mark, the council are doing work on our houses at the moment to bring them up to the decent homes standard. Next weekend I have electricians coming in to check all the sockets etc then have more workmen coming in a few days later to replace doors and windows. I am already stressing about it - hate workmen in my house anyway and the boys are going to hate it and of course they are indoor cats so that causes it's own problems and it's a small house so not much room for them :Crazy:.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 15:09:55 PM »
I should really as we are surrounded for miles but they sell the wood, partly to raise money for the Wildlife parks. Once the garden is done, I will get a wood store and will be able to get a lorry load for £50 delivered instead of £3 a bag  :Crazy:

http://www.theblean.co.uk/

btw - Bagpuss etc were made in a Barn in Blean Woods  :)

This garden centre sells Hills and Burns mainly - The former is resposible for Kylie being overweight and the latter get sniffed at with disdain  :evillaugh:

I'm pretty sure they also sell the"Good-girl" xmas stocking that has Willow's favourite ever mousey in - they don't sell it separately. It has long strands. She walks around the house with it in her mouth  :evillaugh:. He old one is 4 years old now but she still loves what is left of it - although it has vanished somewhere. She peed on the newer one so I binned it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 15:16:54 PM by Mark »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 15:02:52 PM »
Mark just buy one of everything cat and hope you get their choice!

We just pop in to the woods for logs very handy and I get to play with an axe!  Supervised of course! ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 14:57:41 PM »
Awww poor things,

I don't think I've ever seen pics of your cats before Mark, they are very pretty  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 14:53:06 PM »
I read it like that as well at first!!  Poor babes, no doubt you will treat them to get over the shock!

I don't know how much more I can treat them  :Crazy: - As it is, I already cleared away 2 untouched bowls of food and provided a third that was to Lady Alice's liking  :tired:

I am going to the dump with some hardboard from the dining room floor in a bit. I am going to pick some logs up on the way back and will see what cat delights I can find.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 19:43:13 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 14:50:36 PM »
they look terrified :(

That was after they had calmed down a bit. Before that, they were both sitting up in their beds looking at the ceiling with saucer eyes  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 14:49:25 PM »
Clapton is on the first floor and quite nervous as he is on the floor rather than the bed. He told me that the floor is in a state and will now be 3 days instead of the quoted 2 days and he needs to revise the price  :shify:

Clapton said all that? You could make a mint of him Mark :evillaugh: ;)

Just kidding, hope they are ok, I would hate for them to be feeling scared :hug:

Sorry for lack of grammar check  :-[

I am usually pretty good and I am sure the only reason I scraped an A in Chemistry was due to the fact that I can spell and often, even string a sentence together  :evillaugh: - so many students can't  :Crazy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 14:05:14 PM »
I read it like that as well at first!!  Poor babes, no doubt you will treat them to get over the shock!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 14:03:18 PM »
Clapton is on the first floor and quite nervous as he is on the floor rather than the bed. He told me that the floor is in a state and will now be 3 days instead of the quoted 2 days and he needs to revise the price  :shify:

Clapton said all that? You could make a mint of him Mark :evillaugh: ;)

Just kidding, hope they are ok, I would hate for them to be feeling scared :hug:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 13:53:33 PM »
they look terrified :(
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
The nasty workmen with their noisy machines upsetting my girls
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 13:50:58 PM »
They have coped OK with the banging etc this morning. The sanding started 5 mnutes ago. Surprisingly, they have calmed down a bit.  :Luv2:

Kylie is up in the attic so she isn't bothered - Clapton is on the first floor and quite nervous as he is on the floor rather than the bed. He told me that the floor is in a state and will now be 3 days instead of the quoted 2 days and he needs to revise the price  :shify:

Link to CatChat