Author Topic: Help - What to feed my Kittten and young cat U/D HE HAS BEEN SICK! ADVICE PLEASE  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Pretty_Kitty

• Kitten
    • BPP Creations
  • Slave to: Pandora & Possum
Well we put him on Felix last night and he loved it!

Did he gorge on it and vomit because he was a piggy? Hopefully he hasnt been sick again?
When changing foods its always best to mix a little of the new in with the old and gradually change it over
He ate a little more than usual but was fine during the evening. It happened whist we were asleep.

I'm just being over protective. He is fine this evening. He's just so precious and was very poorley so I am always weary.

Tahnks for the help all xxx
Mummy to:
2 Cats: Pandora (1 year) & Possum (8 weeks)
1 Bunny - Bumble (7 years)

Soon to be launching BPP Creations. A natural pet treat business - Stay Tuned - https://www.facebook.com/groups/773730239412740/

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Did he gorge on it and vomit because he was a piggy? Hopefully he hasnt been sick again?
When changing foods its always best to mix a little of the new in with the old and gradually change it over

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I wouldn't think being sick once was cause for too much concern

Offline Pretty_Kitty

• Kitten
    • BPP Creations
Re: Help - What to feed my Kittten and young cat U/D HE HAS BEEN SICK!!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

Then this morning my partner woke me up to tell me that he had been sick during the night!   :sick:

Now I'm wondering if something is wrong!

He had intersusception a few months ago (July) and I worry so much about him.

ANy advice please? Poor boy xxxx
Mummy to:

Soon to be launching BPP Creations. A natural pet treat business - Stay Tuned - https://www.facebook.com/groups/773730239412740/

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Help - What to feed my Kittten and young cat
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 08:28:36 AM »
I wouldnt feed a dry food only diet, and I would also use a different food to Royal Canin, I think you can get a better dry food for cheaper - look at JWB or PAH Premium
Please spay your cat

Offline Pretty_Kitty

• Kitten
    • BPP Creations
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 19:34:57 PM »
Hi,

Tahnks for the advice. I picked up some Whiskas tonight so I will try that x
Mummy to:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 18:11:55 PM »
If you just feed dry dont lower the quality.
Personally i think a dry diet is bad for cats, it leads to obesity as its very easy to overfeed it and i also feel it causes most of the bladder problems seen in cats today. Water keeps the urine dilute, if they dont get enough it encourages crystals and stones to form which for male cats are very dangerous.

Which wet food are you feeding the bigger kitten, whiskas? Theres loads of brands out there now  ;D

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 14:25:59 PM »
You can feed Bozita to any age of cat you can also feed Orijen Dry food for all ages - you can buy both from Zooplus.

Your furbabies are gorgeous x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 13:32:51 PM »
its from zooplus it seems to work out quite cheap but is apparently good quality - my lot hate it hence the 30 odd cartons!!

Offline Pretty_Kitty

• Kitten
    • BPP Creations
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 13:28:18 PM »
I've got 30 odd cartons of bozita unloved in a cupboard, do you want me to send you a couple to try?

Can I ask waht it is please?

I have never heard of it  :shy:
Mummy to:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 13:24:02 PM »
I've got 30 odd cartons of bozita unloved in a cupboard, do you want me to send you a couple to try?

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 13:22:40 PM »
It's all a matter of personal choice really but when I have young kittens I feed Royal Canin dry food and also feed Hi Life kitten pouches, Applaws, Hills kitten tins, Natures Menu kitten pouches, raw lambs mince, boiled chicked, raw turkey mince, boiled white fish, rabbit, steak, day old chicks and mice (available from reptile shops) to give them plenty of variety.

Animonda and Bozita foods from Zooplus are definately worth looking at too as I have heard excellent reports of them and will be getting some to give it a go next time I need to stock up on wet food. Pets at Home's premium dry food is also supposed to be very good and is cheaper than Royal Canin.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 13:16:32 PM »
I defo think the key is finding what your cats will eat regularly!  I know guys on here who've tried what are classed as the 'better' types of food, eg in wet food Natures Menu is very good as it has a high meat content, but it can affect some with sensitive tums, and others just won't even sniff it!  They can be fickle wee creatures  :evillaugh:

Personally speaking I've always fed a mix of wet and dry to my boy, not only from a variety aspect, but also to keep the fluid intake at a good level as some cats don't always drink very much.

Now that Max is on a kidney diet I have to sometimes let him have what he fancies, and he loves Felix As Good as It Looks  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 13:08:17 PM »
lots of people use the pets at home own brand (in the silver packaging) personally I like mine to have wet food as well but you could do half and half

with wet food its trial and error, I have tried everything under the sun pretty much but have settled on felix and felix as good as it looks, everything else cheaper and much more expensive just goes to waste - everyone is going to have a different opinion on this but that is my experience

Offline Pretty_Kitty

• Kitten
    • BPP Creations
Hi,

I have just got a 7 week old Kitten, she is currently on Whiskas Kitten food and biscuits.

My 8 month old cat is also on Kitten food and big biscuits. He has not been eating much of it lately and seems to love the Royal Caine stuff. How good is it for cats/Kittens to be on just dry food and would it be safe to put the 7 week old on dry food.

Does anyone had any suggestions for slightly less expensive brands that I could try for both of them, or wet food that they both will like?

Any help would be great!!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:57:17 PM by Pretty_Kitty »
Mummy to:

Link to CatChat