Author Topic: Swampy: it is his time now RIP little choc-o-late monster my love  (Read 368528 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Swampy fell, got head stuck and is in shock, pls help
« Reply #2173 on: March 11, 2009, 05:32:35 AM »
Morning Kate.  Hope you and Swampy and Max have had a restful night.   :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2172 on: March 10, 2009, 19:49:33 PM »
Hope you had a lovely day together, hope your night is restful. Will pm you tomorrow properly x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2171 on: March 10, 2009, 13:40:24 PM »
He probably had the time of his life !!!!  Big adventures.  Glad you are home safely :)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #2170 on: March 09, 2009, 18:36:35 PM »
Luckily he had a good day as although the sitter was a very nice woman (is a very nice woman), not much was done as arranged. Swampy apparently had a wander down the passage all by himself and was walking well, which is most unusual - she went to check on him a few times and he was fine. But he's just sat in his bed since and slept, ate a bit but no wees at all. I think or suppose he will get up later. They are both peaceful and it's back to reality for me. Wonderful to see my chocklittle monster though. I worried about him a lot.

If anyone else is going Ryanair soon, check your check 'n go boarding pass before leaving because I was tired and didn't and it had printed my reservation no instead of my passport no, so they nearly didn't let me on the flight. It took me 4 calls in France to Ryanair to get them to change it for the return flight so I could be sure of getting back today. I entered my passport no just fine but it didn't show up correctly. Never dull around here! Did nothing for my already stratospheric stress levels -my poor friend had a maniac to deal with  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 18:37:56 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2169 on: March 08, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »
 :hug: :hug: He was sick this morning after an early meal in his bed (regurg'd his food) at 5am, then I was up with him until 7 as he wouldn't settle. Neighbours had to put up with the washing machine at 6am for his favourite bedding!  But since then, he's been to the windowsill in the sun in the bedroom and had a "look" out in to the fresh air and is sleeping. OH is fed up as I am a hopeless obsessive neurotic (guilty as charged) but I'll be so pleased to be back tomorrow evening!

No haven't had time to read the other thread but will do so when I get back. lots of love xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2168 on: March 08, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »
Kate have a good trip it is only a blink away til you are home.  Did you see the post on your other thread re someone who might be able to sit overnight and give you a rest?  Your Max and Swampy will be fine I am sure and think of all the lovely purry time when you get home xxx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2167 on: March 07, 2009, 22:18:58 PM »
Just a thought could you record your voice for Swampy, then if he gets a bit stressed for any reason it could be played to him, might help keep him calm :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2166 on: March 07, 2009, 22:09:13 PM »
thanks  :hug: Will try to post in the morning before I leave, but if not, then keep the vibes coming please. Swampy has been a bit senior today and I am very nervous and trying not to communicate that to him. He's had a million cuddles too.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2165 on: March 07, 2009, 20:21:26 PM »
Sending some really strong positive vibes for Swampy while you are away, and try not to worry to much im sure he will be fine :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2164 on: March 07, 2009, 18:48:03 PM »
Hope you have had a good day with some sun for Swampy and Max.  Have a safe journey tomorrow and back again on Monday and try NOT to worry!!!  Hope you all get some sleep tonight  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2163 on: March 07, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »
You beat me to it this morning Kate. Glad you got a good night's sleep and hopefully you will get one on Sunday at least - try not to worry whlst you are away and I am sure Doris will do a sterling job.  Hope the sun comes out for you all today x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2162 on: March 07, 2009, 08:03:18 AM »
OH did the night in here so I got plenty rest, thanks. Swampy seems to have munched his way through nearly 3/4 can overnight. He really is eating loads at night at the moment. OH said he had to get up as got shouted at (WTG Swampa!). Doesn't look like there is sun, but I hope it will peek through later. Swampy loves to be held near the window in the sun - megapurrs.
I go away tomorrow morning until monday evening and am trying not to get (too) stressed about it. Please send vibes that all goes just fine.  :hug: to all xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2161 on: March 06, 2009, 19:56:11 PM »
LOL he likes to keep his mummy on her toes doesn't he?  Hope he lets you have some rest tonight  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2160 on: March 06, 2009, 09:04:14 AM »
not exactly sleep.....Swampy got up at 3 am and decided to have hourly meals after that. I can't just refuse these days as he gets stressed and then circles. Max though is much better - must have been caused by fortekor so I took him off it. 3 days later he is eating again and happier. They are curled up together on the heatpad which sounds quite good to me right now!
 :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2159 on: March 05, 2009, 22:25:53 PM »
Glad he's come off hunger strike.  Hope your night is quiet with some sleep (lots of sleep) x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2158 on: March 05, 2009, 13:48:49 PM »
Def psychological the minx. He has just eaten (last meal 5am), thereby ending his latest 'I've got the hump' hunger strike. I must tell him he has a vet appointment booked tomorrow if he doesn't eat more  ;)

Swampy has been very calm. Doris the catsitter came around and she's very nice and they seemed to like her, so here's hoping all goes well.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2157 on: March 05, 2009, 09:55:39 AM »
typical!

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2156 on: March 05, 2009, 09:13:07 AM »
Swampy had a good night really - only for Max to keep me awake with his yelling and refusal to eat his dry food!  :shocked: He used to sleep all night but seems to have changed.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2155 on: March 05, 2009, 08:08:01 AM »
Hope you all got some sleep last night and hoping for a little sunshine for Swampy today  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #2154 on: March 04, 2009, 22:33:39 PM »
Its so hard to believe its 6 months since Swampy had his accident,but i know in that time hard tho it may have been you have given him nothing but patience and lots of love to help him through this terrible ordeal, it must be very hard at times and the constant worry cant be helping you neither but you have to stay strong for Swampy,s sake so please keep your appointment and good luck with the sitter :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2153 on: March 04, 2009, 22:24:41 PM »
Well done to you all for making Swampy's life as good as it possibly can be for the last six months since that awful tragic accident.  Hope he gets some special treats tonight to share with Max and hope you manage a good night's rest love and hugs xxx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2152 on: March 04, 2009, 19:26:45 PM »
I can! It's been hard work but very rewarding as he is a magic patient. I'm only going for sunday and monday but have done my meds etc notes for OH (who is vague about meds, leaves that to me normally) and the sitter. Only 3 1/2 pages!  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2151 on: March 04, 2009, 18:22:43 PM »
I can't believe it has been six months :Crazy:

Sounds like you had a lovely day though. Head rubs and chin tickles from me :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2150 on: March 04, 2009, 10:56:30 AM »
not such a bad night, thanks. Swampy's in a good mood although thank goodness for the puppy pads as this morning I was out on the roof rescuing blown over primroses and he must have put his furry brown bum a bit over the edge of the tray while I wasn't watching. But the sun sort of vaguely came out for a bit, so I held him tight by the window where it comes in and nommed his silky ears, with him making his lovely wrrrroooooot higher pitched purr that he does when he's really happy. That makes it all worthwhile. It is 6 months ago at 12 noon today that he had his terrible accident. I want to thank everyone on here for your incredible support in my and our worst (and best) moments since then. I just can't tell you what it means.
 :hug: xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2149 on: March 04, 2009, 07:18:12 AM »
Hope you had a good night and the day is quiet for you all x :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2148 on: March 03, 2009, 22:35:48 PM »
thanks.  :hug: Yes, I have to fetch her so she agreed when I said that. But I do need to find someone totally reliable just in case. I only have a reliable cat feeder, you know pops in twice a day for 20 mins or so. That used to be ok when the cats were younger and I went on my own, with OH coming home at night. I wish I knew someone! It took us ages to find the right person before in London (but we did) and in Cape Town we went through a succession of disastrous ones until we found a lovely person who adored the boys. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
I suppose she thought it was just the one day. I think they have to come if they are living in, but it seems more to work out how washing machines etc work than get the cat instructions.

Swampy's done a lot of sleeping this afternoon so I hope he still has some left to do tonight xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2147 on: March 03, 2009, 20:31:04 PM »
Kate I can't believe she just wanted to turn up on Monday. Both cat/housesitters that I have used have always come round beforehand to see the set up and ask questions and I haven't ever been charged for that.  she can't expect to just walk into a house where there is a sick cat that needs almost constant attention and just know what to do.  I am glad you have insisted.  Anyway hopes for a quiet restful night x

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2146 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
 :hug: to you all, especially Swampy.

Hope it goes well with the cat sitter.  Please don't put off the appointment again, you need to look after your health honey x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2145 on: March 03, 2009, 09:46:05 AM »
He got up a lot in then night, often to eat, but was calm. OH did in here until 4am bless him. As some of you know, I'm having a big problem with monday when I have to be away. OH took the day off to be with Swampy but now he has to go to a friend's funeral so I called a petsitting agency. They promised someone but I am still waiting for that person to get in touch - they were meant to last night, but didn't. The agency say they will get back to me, but I didn't pick up that they understand the urgency. I am stressing as if I don't have anyone reliable and utterly trustworthy to look after Swampy on monday (it's about 10am - 6.30pm as the funeral's a way off in west London) I don't see how I can go. And I do need to go as it's for a medical appointment. I've not been since Swampy's accident which is now an amazing 6 months tomorrow so the doctor there is becoming fed up with my non appearance (not someone who understands that I can shape my daily life over the needs of a cat). I had to pay a deposit to this agency for them to find someone and they say she will do it, so please send vibes that it will all work out.

PS I am meeting the cat sitting lady on thursday at 12pm so let's hope for the best! They hadn't told her about our 45 stairs but she said ok. (they said they had  :-:) She just wanted to come on monday but I insisted that I wanted to show her the set up. OH will need notes too and it's a peace of mind thing (aka neurotic, but who cares).

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:36:38 AM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2144 on: March 02, 2009, 23:03:14 PM »
Hope you have a restful night  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2143 on: March 02, 2009, 18:24:56 PM »
Very glad you're okay Kate.  It's a worry when we don't hear from you.   :hug:  Hope you've managed to get a bit of rest now.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2142 on: March 02, 2009, 15:35:36 PM »
Phew glad to hear you are ok! x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2141 on: March 02, 2009, 13:29:09 PM »
Hello, thanks for caring, it means such a lot to me and us all  :hug:  I was just tired this morning as His Swampness kept me up all night last night and I've felt better! He is now quite floppy and resting, so he needs his steroid dose. Max abandoned him for a place on the bed in the sun, so I am going to bring Max back in here to curl up with him as it helps him to feel better.  :hug: to everyone xxxx thank you

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2140 on: March 02, 2009, 13:12:27 PM »
oh it's next weekend she goes away
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2139 on: March 02, 2009, 13:10:26 PM »
I have pmed her  today and hope that she and Swampy are OK.

Could she have a puta problem maybe?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2138 on: March 02, 2009, 13:08:37 PM »
Hope everything is ok  :scared: did she say she was going away?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2137 on: March 02, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »
Has anyone heard from Kate?  We usually pm each other every day and I haven't heard from her since Saturday.  Am a bit worried

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2136 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »
Hope that no news is good news?   :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2135 on: March 01, 2009, 20:23:14 PM »
He is doing really well isn't he?  He has had such a long spell of okness and not very much manic stuff.  Hope the night is good for you all  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2134 on: March 01, 2009, 13:56:10 PM »
no sunshine, but at present he is a lot calmer than yesterday and walking a bit better, so hopefully they are beginning to work for him. Been asleep all morning, with the SAD light on him though!

Link to CatChat