Author Topic: Swampy: it is his time now RIP little choc-o-late monster my love  (Read 368527 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Swampy fell, got head stuck and is in shock, pls help
« Reply #2253 on: March 29, 2009, 20:32:47 PM »
 :thanks: I"ll have a google for it.  He vomited this afternoon from his cold, all the muck going down, so must try to help him with that. Not much I can do really though apart from inhalation. I used to take him into the shower room with me (we have no window so left the extractor off and he sat on the mat....the cat...etc!) but he can't do that any more as it would frighten him.

Not much sun here at all today. I hope it's not just going to get warmer and cloudy, but there will be some sun for him asap.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2252 on: March 29, 2009, 16:59:41 PM »
Olbas do a vaporiser for use in any room, just like those air freshners that run all the time with a small battery, that may be okay for Swampy, if it gets knocked over no harm done, anyway hope this helps and that your getting some sun there its beautiful here in the sun but chilly in the shade :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2251 on: March 29, 2009, 16:52:54 PM »
Couldl you put a little on his bedding?  Just so his body heat will warm it?  I am glad he had an adventure with the yoghurt pot.  It's lovely here in Manchester today, if slightly chilly.  Bright and sunny with blue skies, nice enough to have been and done a bit of gardening.  Hope Swamp and Max have had some sunshine to bask in and hope your day has been so far good and that your night is restful x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2250 on: March 29, 2009, 13:51:24 PM »
I need to find a decent sized burner (electric preferred) to put near his nose when he is sleeping in his bed to help with an inhalation of Olbas. The little tea light one isn't safe to put on the floor. Does anyone know where I can get one please?  He is not really eating more than a few nibbles as his cold is so bad.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2249 on: March 29, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »
His cold isn't great and his appetite's down a bit since yesterday. I'm so hoping for warmer weather asap.
Only high point yesterday was he went for a wander around the lounge and found my (eaten) yoghurt pot - I turned around from the futon and there he was with his little face right in it, nose covered in yoghurt  :hug: xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2248 on: March 28, 2009, 18:04:22 PM »
Bitter here too, hope it perks up tomorrow.  Glad you had a quiet night, no suggestions re burner, hope someone else can help.  Hope you have hd a good day and that your night is restful  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2247 on: March 28, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »
We had a quiet night by his usual standards. He was up at 4 am so I heard all the birdies tweeting outside, then he got up again at 7 so it was all very manageable. He seems to be quieter on the second day of his 48 hour steroid cycle. But I think 72 hours would not work either, it would be too long.  He's still v coldy so I have his little burner going, but it gets far too hot and last night the water boiled! Does anyone know where I can get a nicer, stable metal essential oil burner? I use olbas for him.

hope everyone is keeping warm. It's bitter here. xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2246 on: March 27, 2009, 21:18:32 PM »
Kate Charlie is lying about too, there isn't much else for them to do in this cold horrid weather.  Hopefully it is due to warm up again next week.  Hope the little chap perks up a bit and hope you have a quiet night.  x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2245 on: March 27, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »
Vile here too  :censored: so much for Spring. Swampy's not feeling too well and is just lying in his bed most of the time. The test will be when (if? ok when) the weather warms up again and the sun comes out as he does react to the weather. Max just lays there too, but that's normal for our Max who is not an active cat! (and is 15, fair enough). But I'm worried about anaemia. He is also too sleepy to get up to drink although is happy to eat what I plonk in front of his nose on a plate, so am adding another teaspoon of water to his food.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2244 on: March 27, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »
Ah go on Kate he has earned the dancing bananas. He has done so well lately all round except for the couple of blips.  He has moved round more, found things on his own, been on the roof on his harness, lots of lovely adventures for him.  Hope you had a good night.  The weather here is vile with a capital V.  Wet and howling winds.  We get the wind noise really badly because of the field which is bordered by very tall closely planted trees, it whooshes round them.  Hope your day is calm  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2243 on: March 26, 2009, 20:13:33 PM »
my neighbour says next week should be warmer so I'm hoping so as his cold is lousy but he is happier. Not sure about the dancing bananas but he is a lot better than he was before the a.bs so let's hope it continues.
I'm hoping for a quiet night as am well cooked.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2242 on: March 26, 2009, 14:49:26 PM »
 :cheer: :yayyy: :yayyy: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2241 on: March 26, 2009, 13:57:20 PM »
little man snuck out and started munching Max's dry in the kitchen! He's a bit wobbly still but better than yesterday so  :hug: and  :thanks: for the vibes xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2240 on: March 26, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »
WTG Swampy starman.  How clever was that?  Glad he is feeling perkier and hope today is good for you all  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2239 on: March 26, 2009, 10:07:38 AM »
He found the tray in the night and ate a bit better, then woke me at 1/4 to 6 by arriving right next to me and finding some old food to munch, so that is a bit of better news. I'm sure it's the weather as it's vile with more cold and rain forecast. His cold has traditionally got better if it warms up. He's still v coldy and a bit "senior" (digs up his bedding) - I am pleased he is back on a.bs because of it.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2238 on: March 25, 2009, 18:48:43 PM »
Try not to worry too much Kate, you have been here before with Swamps, it seems like his pattern.  But he has had such a long stretch of good days so the odd blips and bad days can be expected.  He is an old boy too so maybe just starting to need his sleep a bit more.  After all what else is there for a cat to do on a freezing cold day.  Love and hugs to you all and hope Swampy is feeling perkier and that you all have a good night  :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2237 on: March 25, 2009, 18:45:52 PM »
he goes back on to antibiotics tonight (the same ones) just in case his cold goes to his chest. It may or may not make him feel better. It's only 10 days since the last course finished. We normally like it to be at least 2 weeks but have no choice really. If they don't help I can take him off them in 5 days.
He's eaten a bit better today and is happy in himself, just not finding too much and doing quite a lot of sleeping. I was up with him every 2 hours last night though so maybe if he could make it 3 hourly tonight that would be good.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2236 on: March 25, 2009, 17:59:40 PM »
oh come on Swampy....We need good posts from your Mummy  :hug:

hope he feels abit better oon Kate xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2235 on: March 25, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »
He's not feeling too great. Started not being too good after a regurg of his food (due to his cold) yesterday afternoon. It has coincided with the weather becoming cold again, but I don't know if it's that. It's so disappointing as he was so much better for 2 weeks that we were wondering if he was stable right now. Please hope for him that he picks up again soon, thanks  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2234 on: March 25, 2009, 08:27:16 AM »
Same here in Manchester, wet windy and cold.  Hope all the sun has moved to Swampy's window.  Hope he had a good night and feels great today  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2233 on: March 25, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »
Hope everything is okay with Swampy this morning,doesnt look like we are getting any sun today :( its wet and miserable here in Mansfield,so looks like he will need his heatpad today,hope you have a quiet day :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2232 on: March 24, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »
He's a clever little fella isn't he?  Glad he has perked up and don't blame the pair of them for digging down to the heatpad.  Hope they are snugged up and cosy. :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2231 on: March 24, 2009, 09:28:26 AM »
The 2 of them have the best comment on the weather - I found they'd dug up the bedding and were lying directly on the blue heatpad this morning. It's horrible here, don't think we'll have any Swampsun today.
He has been better overnight and eaten well. I woke up at 5am to find a choC-lit monster miaowing at me on the futon  :wow: His cold's tuned up a bit which could be the horrible weather and the heating on next to his head again. He hasn't used the tray since 5am though and I have to go out for 2 hours, so hope he finds the tray.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2230 on: March 24, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »
I am glad he has perked up but sleep is good for them too.  Hope you had a quiet night and that there is some indoor sunshine for you all today  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2229 on: March 23, 2009, 22:45:39 PM »
I'm actually always surprised that he doesn't sleep more generally, but he doesn't. He has set sleep times of day (not much at night!). He's a little better this evening and has found his way to his tray. I think it may have been his tum wasn't right. Hopefully the night will be not too bad as he's had way more sleep than usual during the day.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2228 on: March 23, 2009, 16:57:29 PM »
Sleeping is what he needs I reckon and he must get exhausted with the strain of trying to work out where he is and what he is doing.

Sleep is a way or repairing yourself and also more exercise will make him tired. :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2227 on: March 23, 2009, 15:01:13 PM »
I was thinking the same MM.  After all he's had quite an exciting two days, so he may just be much more tired than normal.   :hug:

me too, hope a good sleep helps  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2226 on: March 23, 2009, 15:00:01 PM »
I was thinking the same MM.  After all he's had quite an exciting two days, so he may just be much more tired than normal.   :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2225 on: March 23, 2009, 14:57:11 PM »
He's so tired. I've had to get him up twice to wee (remind him) and taken him his food in bed, which he's eaten fine. But when I got him up, he just sat down and purred at me, didn't have the energy to walk about.
I hope it's just a blip. It's almost like he didn't swallow his steroids yesterday when I gave them to him on the roof outside, but I'm pretty sure he did. I hope he's not caught something outside. I'm only going to give him a tiny dose of Istin today because I don't want him any more knocked out than he is at present. It's so worrying when he's been so good for a whole week and suddenly is just sleeping so much. Swampy just doesn't sleep that much.
My vet isn't there until wed, but he'd not really be able to do anything anyhow. I don't think if Swampy had a temp that he would be eating all right (?). He's not done a poo either since yesterday at 3-ish. Normally he goes every day at least once if not twice.  I'm just staying in with him, although it's watching him sleep.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2224 on: March 23, 2009, 14:47:09 PM »
He might just be tired after all his little adventures outdoors etc recently.  Hope so, hope he has perked up by the time you read this and that he has some sunshine in the bedroom (too cold here for going out, don't know about where you are).  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2223 on: March 23, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »
this morning I'm worried again. He is just lying in his bed, sleeping and has been for hours which is really not something he has done before. He wasn't so good last night during the night but ate very well at 3am but since then he's just konked out. Normally he would be up at 5 and again at about 7.30 for a wee at least.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2222 on: March 23, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »
Topping up the hugs for the beautiful boy.  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2221 on: March 22, 2009, 17:29:11 PM »
another sunny day, another 45 mins on his harness in the sun. He really enjoyed it, which is just great. One day at a time of course but a good cat mum's day today for me so far, hope for everyone too  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2220 on: March 22, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »
Brilliant brilliant brilliant.  His world is gradually expanding and you can walk him round the house more in his harness perhaps.  More exercise might equal more sleep.  I am so very happy that he enjoyed his adventure and hope the sun shines down on you all day today.   :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2219 on: March 22, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »
So glad Swampy enjoyed himself out in the sun. :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2218 on: March 22, 2009, 00:04:57 AM »
Way to go Swampy  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2217 on: March 21, 2009, 23:29:15 PM »
That was really lovely to read.....glad Swampy enjoyed it out in the sun  :Luv2:
hope he sleeps well xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2216 on: March 21, 2009, 23:21:25 PM »
Ahh, bless the little chocolate boy -purring when he knew he had his harness on  :Luv2: :Luv2:.
Hope these good days continue for a long, long time .
Big  :hug: :hug: :hug:  to you all , and hopefully a good night .

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2215 on: March 21, 2009, 23:03:51 PM »
took Swampy out of the window on to the roof at 2.30 for half an hour. I was by myself so thought I'd try putting him in his harness, that he always wore when going outside when he was quite little. As soon as he felt the harness, he started to purr (like when he was little). He was really relaxed going outside and had a lovely walk all round the roof, sniffing at plants. The harness seemed to make him feel secure. Then had to climb in holding him but I think he really enjoyed his little adventure. We had quite a lot of sun here today and about 15 degrees. So we've had a good day and he's the most kissed and cuddled boy in town  :hug: xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2214 on: March 21, 2009, 15:53:47 PM »
Glad the munchkin is feeling better and hope you got more sun than we did in chilly Manchester.  Hope you have a wonderful calm day and a restful night  :hug:

Link to CatChat