Author Topic: Swampy: it is his time now RIP little choc-o-late monster my love  (Read 368444 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Swampy fell, got head stuck and is in shock, pls help
« Reply #2373 on: April 30, 2009, 12:32:47 PM »
I hope you have called NHS Direct........and dont make excuses  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #2372 on: April 30, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
don't think today but hope soon. He had a very senior night, not finding the tray but seems better this morning. OH and I both have flu so it's a quiet day all round.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2371 on: April 30, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
Hope you had a quiet night and get loads of sunshine (well as much as your place allows you to have) and Swampy can have outdoor adventures:)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2370 on: April 29, 2009, 18:21:21 PM »
45 mins in the sun on the roof. Lots of vitamin D as the sun was out again and he had a good purr with me clutching him and twisting out and in the window! Even Max came and sat outside too.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2369 on: April 28, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »
Sounds good to me:)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2368 on: April 28, 2009, 09:35:18 AM »
His mum conked out last night and only woke at 3.15am to find he'd been to the tray twice and was waiting for a food top up, bless him. Then I had to have a playfight with a miaowbag Max at 6am. But not a bad night and the sun is out again! I hope it will stay out then I will take him out at lunchtime before the potential catsitter comes.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2367 on: April 27, 2009, 23:06:08 PM »
Night night wishes for a quiet household  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2366 on: April 27, 2009, 17:52:15 PM »
thank you  :hug: xx

that pic just finishes me off. the crossed paws look  ;)

yes, no roof trips until much later in the week I think. So I will rouse him later on to have a little walk down the passage to the bedroom and back.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2365 on: April 27, 2009, 16:16:35 PM »
Finger crossed and sending good vibes that the cat sitter is suitable to care for Swampy.
Its wet and cold here in NW London too and its going to stay like this till Wednesday :-:

:Luv: Charlie crossing his Paws. :)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2364 on: April 27, 2009, 13:26:07 PM »
FIngers toes eyes and Charlie's paws crossed (pic to prove it) that she will fall in love with Swampy (how could she not) and want to spends lots of time looking after him and giving his mummy and daddy a break

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2363 on: April 27, 2009, 13:15:26 PM »
Duly crossed Kate.   :) :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2362 on: April 27, 2009, 13:13:37 PM »
 :thanks: and  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and PffffffffssssssssTTTTTTTs from my two as well.  It's raining so hard here today but Swampy's been up and to the kitchen looking for food which is all good.
I have a potential catsitter coming tomorrow (she was coming today but has a sick cat to take to the vet today). Please send vibes that she will be able to care for Swampy sometimes so we can go out and I can go away for 2 days with her filling in during the day at least with OH here mornings and evenings. It would make such a difference.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 13:14:32 PM by swampmaxmum »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2361 on: April 27, 2009, 07:06:35 AM »
Glad Swampy enjoyed his hour inthe sun yesterday.  Paddy sends him a gentle whiskery pppprrrrFFffppptt!  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2360 on: April 26, 2009, 21:32:48 PM »
Little man had 1 hour in the sun as it was lovely. He mostly lounged on a big beach towel!  Then came indoors with me and had a nice snack and a snooze. The next few days are meant to be much colder and rainy so will have to try other little adventures for him as think they help him. Glad you had some sun too  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2359 on: April 26, 2009, 19:47:14 PM »
Hope my little soldier boy got some well deserved sun today>  We have had it despite forecasts to the contrary.  Hope you all had a good day and that your night is peaceful  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2358 on: April 26, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »
I'm hoping he will get on to the roof for 1/2 hour today as his nose was blocked this morning and I think the vitamin D does him good, plus the forecast for the next few days is lousy. Yesterday was so windy here in SE London  :Crazy: that he only got out for 10 mins.  He's not too bad today. Hope all's well and sunny with everyone. Thanks again with all my heart for helping to support Swampy and to this site for letting me post about him every day. It helps me so much, especially as I'm largely on my own looking after the choc-lit monster boy xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2357 on: April 25, 2009, 18:09:33 PM »
Hope Swampy manages to get some sun today, its such a beautiful day here in NW London. :) x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2356 on: April 25, 2009, 17:36:16 PM »
Naughty Max.  Glad you managed a little rooftop fresh air.  Hope you have a quiet night off - earplugs??  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2355 on: April 24, 2009, 23:10:41 PM »
Max chewed through the plastic covering of OH's new shirt and is yelling a lot  :censored: if it goes on, he'll be at the vet but I think it is all 'emotional'.

Swampy is quite quiet tonight. He's been in his bed since 5 o clock - all meals in bed though! He only had 15 mins on the roof (he enjoyed going out and in the window more than being out there) as it was quite windy. Hope tomorrow's better. It's my 'night off' tonight and as luck would have it, the neighbour downstairs is having a party  :'( 

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2354 on: April 24, 2009, 20:18:53 PM »
Hope all is well in the Swampy/Max household and that mummy managed to slither through the window for some sun>?  Have a peaceful night BE QUIET MAX  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2353 on: April 24, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »
With ref to Max i have this problem in the night with my old boy George and have found that leaving a small light on helps him ,might be worth a try, hope Swampy is okay today and that you managed some sleep :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2352 on: April 23, 2009, 21:57:46 PM »
He enjoys going out and in the window (almost as if he can see me doing the twist & finds it funny) but he wasn't that keen today so we only did 1/2 hr. Bit breezy and he's not walking that well. However the purr count is still very high and I got quite a few lovebites. The weather forecast is looking a bit dodgy from the weekend and more high cloud and breeze tomorrow. I'm not sure I'd take him out if it's under 17 or 18 degs.

Max has taken to miaowing loudly in the middle of the night so my sleep's even more disturbed. No idea how to stop him, he gets cuddled and stops but as soon as I leave him to try to sleep, he starts again. I can't ignore him either as he just keeps on yelling. I'm nervous he will wake up the neighbours too.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2351 on: April 23, 2009, 20:55:59 PM »
Hope the Swampster had a good day with some sunshine and purriness.  Hope, too your night is peaceful  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2350 on: April 22, 2009, 22:27:11 PM »
Swampy's not as good this evening - he had 45 mins on the roof today but think he found it a bit hot in the end, so I brought him inside. He may need his ab treatment again. He's happy and full of head kisses and lovebites and had a really good night last night, but think tonight will be more tricky.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2349 on: April 22, 2009, 20:56:38 PM »
Hope your day was sunny and your night is peaceful x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2348 on: April 21, 2009, 21:35:15 PM »
LOl my imagination is running wild.  10 day forecast for Manchester is warm, warm and more warm.  Hope it's the same for you and Swampy can enjoy what bit of sun you do get.  Hope you have a quiet night.  Will pm you in the morning  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2347 on: April 21, 2009, 08:54:33 AM »
"slithering" through window - it's more like a panic stricken Twister game, with a purry choc monster clinging to this old sheep while I urge the old muscles into life one more time  :evillaugh:  Looks good for today too. He had a good night. His cold is not great but I'm hoping the sunshine and fresh air won't do it any harm as he does enjoy it so much. Long may it last!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2346 on: April 20, 2009, 21:29:48 PM »
Just popped on with wishes for a quiet night for you all  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2345 on: April 20, 2009, 16:48:15 PM »
 :rofl:   :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2344 on: April 20, 2009, 16:45:40 PM »
LOL visions of Kate slithering through window  :rofl:  Am glad Swampy enjoyed himself outdoors.  Hope you get more and more sun and lots of time in the fresh air.
 :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2343 on: April 20, 2009, 16:43:27 PM »
thank you!  :hug:

Swampy had 25 mins in the sun on the roof, in his harness, this afternoon. He hugely enjoyed his little adventure. Like when he was a wee boy, he started to purr as soon as he felt me do up his harness and was purring in my arms right throughout his mum's hopelessly clumsy exit and re-entry through the kitchen window!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2342 on: April 20, 2009, 07:02:08 AM »
A belated 17 and a half birthday for swampy for Friday.  ;D  :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2341 on: April 19, 2009, 22:35:54 PM »
no real sun for Swampy today as it came out too late to hit the bed, but he was ok. He's a bit more lively tonight (his mum isn't though). I hope it will be peaceful as I now have 5 in a row to do in here.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2340 on: April 19, 2009, 19:42:22 PM »
Have missed my posts!  Computer has been going nuts, first something wrong with Virgin Media then with Internet Explorer then me steaming mad when it took 33 mins on the phone to Virgin.

Anyway rant over, hope you got some lovely sunshine today.  Hope, too, your night is restful  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2339 on: April 18, 2009, 21:55:29 PM »
He had an hour on the bed in the sun. He took some convincing to stay there. Think he'd forgotten what sun is! I hope he is well enough to go on the roof for a little wander around, if it really does reach 19 degs (believe it when it happens). I can't take him out if it's not really warm as his cold is not great.
Lovely that Charlie's had some sun, hope all the furbabes out there are sunbathing xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2338 on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »
Oooh Swampy you would LOVE it here at Charlie's house, the sun is shining and the garden is a warm sunlit place to be.  Hope you get some sunshine to warm your fur and hope you and Max have a lovely day:)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2337 on: April 17, 2009, 20:55:24 PM »
HAPPY 17 1/2th BIRTHDAY SWAMPY.  You have done so well your mummy should be proud of herself and you.  Hope you have had a lovely day today and that you get some sleep tonight  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2336 on: April 17, 2009, 02:22:06 AM »
The bloods came back today (er yesterday, it's 2am). Swampy's urea is worse (17) but creatinine the same (273). I'd hoped fortekor would lower the figures but they are only a bit worse than November's, when his urea was 15.
His anaemia's a little bit worse but despite his blood loss in the urine, he's only a little bit anaemic so must keep up the Kaminox, which the vet swears by. Otherwise the usual easonphils (sp?) are up a bit and the profile is of an old cat really with gradual deterioration.
He must stay on steroids and Istin and Selgian and just see how we go. Of course the bloods don't explain his neuro symptoms, dementia or the chronic cystitis/inflammation (we may have to increase the pred too because of that). But it was a long and helpful conversation with his vet, which was great.

yesterday, the 16th, was Swampy's 17 1/2th birthday! We are now doing 1/2 ones. It rained most of the day though so couldn't give him a pressie of some cuddles in the sun, his favourite. He's eating but not as well as a few days ago. I can hear snores now so must try to get some sleep too. night night (or early morning!)  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2335 on: April 16, 2009, 21:25:21 PM »
Oh I am glad he got SOME sun.  Bet he loved it.  Hope you all have a quiet night  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #2334 on: April 16, 2009, 09:19:32 AM »
He did get 1 hour's sun yesterday after the thunderstorm. I've moved the bed right up against the window so that he can safely sit in a little puddle of sun - which will be gone by end April as the sun gets too high (it hits the roof and windowsill only). He curled up with Max there and had a lovely snooze.  Afternoon after the steroids he ate a bit better, I also found an old k/d batch which he prefers to the latest harder one, but still not eating as well as he was just 2 days ago. His night was not too bad.
It's raining again today though  :censored:

Link to CatChat