Author Topic: Swampy: it is his time now RIP little choc-o-late monster my love  (Read 404865 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Swampy fell, got head stuck and is in shock, pls help
« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »
morning  :hug:  Swampy had a good night and is purrier this morning (as is his mum). They both got under the duvet with me on the futon for half an hour which was just purrfectly lovely  :wow: I hope today will be better. I have to go out and so the dilemma is do I leave him in the lounge (no sun) or 'free range' so he can get on and off the sunny bed - which he has been doing but still makes me very nervous. The same issue will come up over the weekend if the weather stays fine as his dad will insist on going out - and I feel so mean shutting him in the lounge when it's nice and sunny elsewhere. Sun's about his only real pleasure now. This stupid flat only gets sun in the bedrooms from 10.30 - 3.30 in autumn and Spring (south facing, but the eaves block it all). I've decided not to take him on the roof. Good news is my insurance say that if the vet writes a letter, they may cover the home visit as well, which is a big relief.
Swampy and Max send lots of purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs to everyone  :thanks:  :blow kiss:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #452 on: September 26, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »
Hope you both had a good night?

Lots of sunshine around today hopefully  :hug:

Topping up with the  :hug: and positive vibes again for the day  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2008, 00:24:22 AM »
Poor Swampy - bet he gets really frustrated - one day he can see and then he cant ! :(

Sending lots of gentle furry headbuts, purrrrrrs and  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to the brave little man.
Hope you have a better day tomorrow and restful and peaceful night - take care of yourdelf too.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2008, 23:41:44 PM »
Poor Swampy.  He must be so confused and disorientated  I hope he picks up and has just been having a bad day  :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2008, 23:10:27 PM »
Just popping in to give Swampy a goodnight kiss xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2008, 22:15:08 PM »
He's probably telling the world not to mess with him, just in case.  Hope you all have a good night  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2008, 21:45:30 PM »
I hope Swampy is settling now and loves his brother again, sounds like he has just has a rough 24hrs and like the others say , the good days outweigh the bad.

The lack of sun is affecting us all and we have just had a few sunny days and the cats are so much happier.

Swampy needs you now and both of you are doing so well but make sure you get lots of cat naps and dont forget to eat.  Lots of these   :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and good vibes to you and Swampy.

Hope you both have a restful night.  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #446 on: September 25, 2008, 21:38:45 PM »
The aggression may be frustration / confusion related or it may be pain related.  Hopefully the vet will be able to help xxxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2008, 20:13:00 PM »
he's doing a new thing today which I don't understand and it is worrying me. When he wakes up, he's making an aggressive noise or showing aggression to Max (or just in general).

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2008, 19:57:08 PM »
That's good that the vet is doing a home visit.  Hope Swampy calms down again and has plenty of sunshine to warm him.  You take care of yourself too missus  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2008, 14:09:04 PM »
well he calmed down a bit in the sun, but it's gone again of course  >:(  but at least he's had a nibble at lunch and is having a zzzz - still lots of pacing and miaowing though and banging into things that he was missing yesterday. I have booked a home visit from the vet next week at great expense, to see how he is in his home environment and to take bloods. Although vet says that the bloods won't be so accurate as fasting ones, I can't see any other way to do it really. 3 weeks now (thanks for everyone's ongoing support, you are wonderful people  :hug:) so it's not realistic to think he will get any sight back.
As sun helps and there won't be any until next summer (maybe....) I must ask the vet about sun simulating lamps but as far as I can work out, they are all halogen. I def need to get him some "sunlight" that is safe.
Blimey, am hoping for a quiet night tonight as haven't had more than 5 hours more than once since his accident - I went for a short swim yesterday and nearly fell back in the pool when I got out (dizzy), think the lifeguard thought oh ho she's been drinking something stronger than milk!!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2008, 12:43:27 PM »
I echo what Michelle says, he is bound to have his off days and they are few and far between, mostly his days are as good as they can be given his circumstances.  It is still early days yet and look how far he has progressed.  I expect your OH is concerned about your welfare but Swampy does need you lots at the moment and you are brilliant with him.  :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »
Morning  :hug:

Ah bless him, he is just having a bad day Kate.... but looking on the positive side the good days do seem to be out weighing the bad days so that has got to be good xxx

I understand where hubby is coming from, he is worried about you, but i also agree with you hun...swampy needs his mummy at the moment.

Hope he settles today xxxxx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
I just found this thread and read through it... I am so so sorry for whats happened. It just goes to show how these things can come with no warning.

Your Swampy is such a beautiful boy  :Luv: and I hope he picks up soon. Sending you lots and lots of good healing vibes and best wishes from our furry tribe to yours. I hope that there are lots more positives to come.

Big big hugs  :hug: hope you are having a good day - its quite sunny here so hopefully where you are is the same  :hug: :hug:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #439 on: September 25, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »
I hope you both have a better afternoon, and hoping you get some healing sunshine rays coming your way, its amazing what a bit of sun can do  :)

Topping up the good wishes and  :hug: again anyway, I'm sure with all these positive vibes Swampy will feel better soon  :hug: :hug:

Hang in there hun, you're doing amazingly  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #438 on: September 25, 2008, 11:03:59 AM »
Oh poor baby ... and poor you.  I hkope swampy manages to get some rest today and feels a bit brighter later.  :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #437 on: September 25, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »
Hi, things are difficult today.  Swampy woke me at 3am vomiting and then just walked crying around the room all night. I couldn't get him to settle at all. This morning it was difficult to get him to eat as he was still agitated but I managed eventually, but he just won't purr and is depressed. His cold's not good either. He took 5 mins to find his water bowl and then drank, moved away, came back to drink etc. Now is lying down as I think very tired. I don't want to take him to the vet as it will just stress him out so I'm just going to look after him at home and see how he goes. OH was going on about how I can't keep spending so much time with Swampy as I am too tired, but he doesn't understand I have to do it. Sorry to moan; hope it's just a bad day and he picks up again. I just can't bear to see him so unhappy. I hope the sun stays out, it looks a bit iffy, as I'm going to take him into the sun now.
Thanks again and big hugs for all your emotional support. It's what helps more than anything  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #436 on: September 25, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »
From me too  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2008, 06:57:37 AM »
Good morning Swampy.  Me and Paddy are sending oodles more healing thoughts your way, and hoping you might see some sunshine today too.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #434 on: September 24, 2008, 23:23:57 PM »
Swampy is gorgeous and looks very chipper  ;D

Hope he continues to improve a little each day, hugs and cuddles Swampy , have a good rest  :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #433 on: September 24, 2008, 23:19:33 PM »
Ahh, he is gorgeous as well as being such a brave little man - keeping up with the healing vibes and hoping he does get some sight back soon and hopefully all of it when the swelling goes down.
Lots of furry headbuts and  :hug: :hug: :hug: from the persian gang in Lincoln - you are doing such a fantastic job of looking after him and keeping his spirits up.
Have a restful and peaceful night. :Luv2:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #432 on: September 24, 2008, 22:20:40 PM »
He is such a handome little man  :Luv2:

Lots of gentle  :hug: :hug: and snuggles for our brave little man. Keep it up Swampy you are doing so well.

The boys send more purrs and head butts  :Luv: Have a peaceful night.

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2008, 21:09:02 PM »
Aw sweet Swampy.  I'm glad to hear that he is doing so well now. :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2008, 20:40:01 PM »
He is such a handsome lad  :Luv:  Sending more vibes for a good night tonight.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #429 on: September 24, 2008, 18:23:53 PM »
He's so handsome.  Bless him, he deserves to be able to make an excellent recovery, and I do hope eventually he'll regain some vision at least.  Oh what a gorgeous face.  :)    :hug: :hug:  MaddiesMum's right - he has so much love surrounding him, and the most wonderful of mummies.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #428 on: September 24, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
How handsome he looks brave and good little man.  He has so much love directed at him from the Purrs people and cats and such a caring and devoted mummy he can't fail to do well in life. 

Absolutely, he is so lucky to have you  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »
How handsome he looks brave and good little man.  He has so much love directed at him from the Purrs people and cats and such a caring and devoted mummy he can't fail to do well in life.  God bless you Swampy and keep up the wonderful progress.  You make my eyes leak everytime I read about your bravery.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #426 on: September 24, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
well here he is after his fucithalmic. It's not taken with flash as that always makes his eyes look totally extra terrestrial so it's a little dark, but it shows how he "looks" around him when he wakes up. I'll see if I can work out how to post one of them both in bed later. Thought I'd copied that photo file to photobucket but apparently not  :Crazy: Anyhow (hopefully it works) here is my Wampa this morning:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2008, 10:40:47 AM »
Blip's another founder member of the 'no pills for me' club.  Hope Swampy has a good and restful day today.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »
Topping up with the vibes and hugs again this morning, and hoping you have some sunshine today  :hug: :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #423 on: September 24, 2008, 10:20:03 AM »
Just catching up with this - huge hugs to Swampy and his Meowmy! :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #422 on: September 24, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »
whoopsed all his lunch all over the bed (joy)

Nice one, Swampy.   ;)  Bet that was done with immaculate timing.  :hug: :hug:  Paddy's also a complete varmint with pills, and won't try any of the things many of his Purrs Aunties have very kindly recommended - blobs of primula, bits of ham, slipped inside defurrums, etc.  It's always hit and miss with him. Our Vet gave us a pill syringe to try, but he absolutely hated that and would struggle like mad, so we abandoned it.  So Paddy says he's right with Swampy on that one, mate.  :tired:  Glad Swampy's had his brekkie, and hope he wakes nice and refreshed.  :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #421 on: September 24, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »
thank you! the ppprffftsss always makes me smile!  Swampy had a better night, a purr nice and early and is zzzzing, having eaten most of his brekker today. Bad mum forgot to treat his eye last night so when he wakes up, he will be attacked with fucithalmic. He's never been easy to get pills down (his zentonil etc) but since he's gone blind, he's a horror with that. If and when he does have to have his bloods done, I don't imagine the vet's going to have much luck (the morning of the accident he only got enough for kidney/liver but stopped trying for the biochem as Swampy thought otherwise!). Yesterday Swampy didn't eat too well and whoopsed all his lunch all over the bed (joy) because of his cold. We just take one day at a time and send lots of dark brown purrs, love (and snores) to everyone for caring and being there for him (and me)  :hug:  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2008, 07:44:54 AM »
Sending huge, Swampy sized cuddles to the brave little feller this morning, and Paddy adds more whiskery Ppprffffpppts.  Keeping those healing vibes coming at you both.   :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2008, 05:36:30 AM »
Hope the little soldier had a good night and hope he has lots of sunshine today  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2008, 01:41:02 AM »
Lots of healing cuddles and vibes for Swampy and a restful and peaceful night to all of you :hug: :hug: :hug:
Hope there is more improvement tomorrow.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #417 on: September 23, 2008, 20:17:58 PM »
Lots of strokes and headbutts to brave Mr Swampy....hope he has a restful night  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #416 on: September 23, 2008, 20:16:25 PM »
Sending super duper cuddles and healing vibes for Swampy tonight.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #415 on: September 23, 2008, 18:59:45 PM »
Give Swampy a big KISS from Me.....Tell him he is a real brave boy and we are all so proud of him
 :hug: for You Kate xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #414 on: September 23, 2008, 13:48:24 PM »
Poor little Swampy- he is such a brave little soul -topping up lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you all and healing vibes for the brave little boy.

Link to CatChat