Author Topic: Swampy: it is his time now RIP little choc-o-late monster my love  (Read 404744 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Swampy fell, got head stuck and is in shock, pls help
« Reply #1493 on: December 02, 2008, 10:18:42 AM »
thank you  :hug:  Swampa had a reasonable night, has been ok this morning and is sensibly now well iglooed with da Max. Good walking, a bit of circling at one point, but generally calm and found his water fine twice. Long may it last! I have just found out his vet is going to be away overseas from 13th until I think after Xmas or maybe the New Year - I know that is still quite some days away so am doing my Paddysmum "one day at a time" deep breathing exercises.
 :hug: xx to all of you.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #1492 on: December 02, 2008, 09:24:24 AM »
Lots of love to you all today  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #1491 on: December 02, 2008, 08:38:26 AM »
Mega love and kiss' to the Swampster today  :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1490 on: December 02, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »
Morning Swampy peeps hope your night was peaceful and your day is cosy, warm, stress free and calm  :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #1489 on: December 01, 2008, 22:39:10 PM »
I feel like that too Clare, when one hurts we all do.

I do believe you know what your doing though Kate, you can see him with your own eyes, we cant. We can only go by what your telling us.

I understand why you need to hold onto him, I personailly could never let go. But we all know in our hearts what is right at the right time. I believe you will make the right and best decision when it's needed. I'm really feeling for you and seeing him how he is must break your heart.

We are here to support you so dont feel like you have to keep it to yourself, were here no matter what you decide cos we know it will be the right decision.

So sorry. Sending all my calming vibes to Swampy  :hug:

I know Clare did not mean any harm, I'm an over emotional person too and sometimes cant cope with what is going on in others lives, but we must remember it is not us going through the heartache and support the person who is wholeheartedly.

:hug:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 22:44:11 PM by ccmacey »
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1488 on: December 01, 2008, 22:13:27 PM »
lots of love for Swampy and his family for a good nights sleep. :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1487 on: December 01, 2008, 21:49:56 PM »
Love and hugs to the Swampy camp for a restful night  :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1486 on: December 01, 2008, 18:48:16 PM »
I think we all do  :hug: and I think alot of people feel the same as Clare, I too find it difficult to read so I tend to skim read and now don't post - not because I don't care.  What I do now is just respect that I am not there with Swampy and only hope for the best outcome for him xx

This echoes my sentiments, I find it quite difficult and so just pop in and out to keep up with news. We are all entitled to our opinion, this is a public forum after all and NO-ONE should feel unable to post for any reason.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #1485 on: December 01, 2008, 18:40:43 PM »
Please keep posting Kate? I don''t contribute any help - but always send  :hug: :hug: :hug: and get well vibes to you all and i check Swampys progree at least twice a day .
I would be worried if i didn''t see any posts about the little fellow.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1484 on: December 01, 2008, 17:55:02 PM »
Exactly, it was read in the way it was intended as an open and honest response to the situation. Indeed, there was certainly no malice to the post and anyone that's ever read any other posts Clare has written should know that.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 17:55:22 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1483 on: December 01, 2008, 17:27:33 PM »
I know everyone wants the best for little Swampy and no-one means anything with any malice or unkindness. Please could there be no arguments as things are tough enough and I just am on here for love and support for Swampy.  It's terribly important to me and to him.  :hug: xx

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #1482 on: December 01, 2008, 17:26:43 PM »
I don't think any of this is helping the situation and is probably causing more worry to Kate, who needs all our support at the moment.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I believe 1000% that Kate has Swamp's best interests at heart.  Please do not stop posting Kate we are here for u xxx :hug: 

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #1481 on: December 01, 2008, 17:17:26 PM »
Clare do you think it doesn't upset everyone of us who reads it?  What about the days when he plays with Max, and climbs the stairs and pinches food and climbs on the bed?  I am sorry but your post has annoyed me if you can't take the upset then don't read the post.

And your post has now annoyed me !!!

I feel that Clares post was written with love and was gentle and kind, none of what she wrote was said with any malice
and she has said that she feels she cannot continue to read this thread so you dont have to be so nasty

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1480 on: December 01, 2008, 17:12:04 PM »
I know you all care and I thank you all so very much as without your support, not sure how I would have coped, or would cope. Sometimes I feel like I am going to explode; there's no-one to talk to or no-one who remotely understands, except on here.  My GP for eg, told me to look after myself, and give up on 'the cat' as my health isn't that great. Your support is so needed, especially when things aren't going well. So I have to post what's not going well or not post at all. Sometimes it's to get things off my chest and sometimes I need feedback on how to do something.
The last thing I want to do is to upset anyone. Things are so difficult already, I am really tired and I am determined that I will do what is best and right for Swampy.

big hugs to you all from the bottom of my heart and I am sure, Swampy's too.  :grouphug:

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #1479 on: December 01, 2008, 17:10:22 PM »
Sent u a PM Kate xxx  :hug:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #1478 on: December 01, 2008, 17:01:07 PM »
Clare do you think it doesn't upset everyone of us who reads it?  What about the days when he plays with Max, and climbs the stairs and pinches food and climbs on the bed?  I am sorry but your post has annoyed me if you can't take the upset then don't read the post.

Which is why I've said to Kate that I won't be responding on here any more....  

I'm only responding to you now on here as I think you have totally read my thread out of context, if you read it properly, you will see that I care deeply for Kate and Swampy, and to keep reading it does upset me, hence why I feel I can't add to it any more.  

If you have an issue with my post, I would prefer if you kept it off this thread and PM me, as getting angry at my opinion is not going help anyone, is it?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1477 on: December 01, 2008, 17:00:10 PM »
I think we all do  :hug: and I think alot of people feel the same as Clare, I too find it difficult to read so I tend to skim read and now don't post - not because I don't care.  What I do now is just respect that I am not there with Swampy and only hope for the best outcome for him xx
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 17:03:58 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #1476 on: December 01, 2008, 16:57:51 PM »
I think we all do Gail - we laugh and smile at the fun and good times and cry at the sad and bad times.  I know that I for one would have really struggled to get through some of the sad times without you all.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #1475 on: December 01, 2008, 16:48:43 PM »
Clare  - I also class Purrs furkids as my own  :hug:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1474 on: December 01, 2008, 16:46:05 PM »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1473 on: December 01, 2008, 16:36:18 PM »
You best not stop posting I need my daily updates good or bad and you need support from us - glad he is having a better day  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1472 on: December 01, 2008, 15:33:31 PM »
I know that everyone just wants what is best for Swampy.  I have always done and will always do what's best for him.
 :hug: xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1471 on: December 01, 2008, 15:13:16 PM »
I don't think you should stop posting Kate and I don't think that was what Clare meant - the fact that so many of us feel so strongly for people we have in most cases never met and their pets is for me a sign that all is not lost for humanity  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #1470 on: December 01, 2008, 15:09:00 PM »
Dont stop posting Hun, you are doing what you feel it right for your Boy and I am sure that your love for him is strong enough that when you know the time is right and he has had enough you will do what you have to do.

Take care - love. huggles and positive vibes for the brave Swampy xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #1469 on: December 01, 2008, 15:03:48 PM »
Hi,
I am sure you ar doing the right thing -i would be doing exactly the same if it were one of my cats .
Big :hug: :hug: to you and the amazing Swampy - hope he carries on having good days .

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1468 on: December 01, 2008, 14:57:39 PM »
Hi Clare and everyone, I do understand and I promise you that as soon as we are sure he has had enough, then that is it. By describing it all, I didn't mean to upset others and I'm sorry as I know how many of you have your own struggles too. I'm just pretty isolated and offloading on here is such a big help to me.

Swampy is quite a bit better today. He has eaten really well and walked about, often in straight lines. He is sleeping peacefully and has had lots of purrs. A couple of days ago when I posted how upset I was, he was a lot worse. If that is all there is for him or even if most days are like that,  then there is no hope.   But he's a real fighter and hasn't lost his will to live, which is very strong. The vet also doesn't think that a little bit of circling, when the rest is fine, is making him suffer. I know the vet so well now; I also know from my neighbour with her beloved cat, that he speaks his mind openly when he does think that it is time. All I can say is that I would rather throw myself out the window than have him suffer. He is very ill and doesn't have long, but I don't want to cheat him out of the good days he has left, if that makes sense. The vet didn't expect him to survive his accident - he told me that only a cat that really was determined to live would have made it through that night. And he brought Swampy into the room 24 hours after the accident with a look of amazement on his face and said "look, he's walking and seems strong. This is one amazing little cat". Perhaps if you knew Swampy for real, you'd understand.  I promise that he's not being made to suffer days on end so that we can be with him for longer.
I am respecting his will to live and giving him palliative care. I can't put him to sleep while he is still having good days and a quality of life. It would be wrong. If people don't want me to post any more, then I won't.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #1467 on: December 01, 2008, 14:28:29 PM »
More hugs and vibes for you all today  :hug: :hug: :hug:

How is swamps today?

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #1466 on: December 01, 2008, 11:52:13 AM »
Hi Kate, I understand how terribly hard this must be for you and your family, when Swampy has his good days it must seem like a glimmer of hope. 

However, I can no longer read this thread without becoming terribly upset, I know we are looking 'from the outside' as it were, but to me it seems that all his days have suffering, its just some have a little less than others.... 

For me, I would find it hearbreaking if Max were in this sitution, and that the only times he was happy was when he was asleep or not moving around.  I would not think he had any quality of life, and if that is the case, then who's benefit is all of this for?

Nobody can tell you what to do Kate hunnie, and please don't think for one second that I'm trying to sway your decision in any way, I'm truly not.    I just find it so heartbreaking to hear of Swampy in this state 

I'm sorry, please do not take this the wrong way, I just had to post in case you wonder why I'm not adding my daily dose of support and hugs as I was before xx

Edited to add, I really don't want you to think that I don't care, I think perhaps I care too much, when we hear of poorly furbabes on Purrs its almost like they are one of our own, does that make sense?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:25:17 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #1465 on: December 01, 2008, 11:06:59 AM »
Hope u all have a good day.  At least u have got the injection out of the way it must have been worrying you  :hug:  Massive hugs for you all xx

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #1464 on: December 01, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1463 on: December 01, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »
done the laurabolin injection, I hope properly phew. He was calm last night and this morning so hope that doesn't change. Still circling a lot but when he's calmer sometimes the circles get bigger or he manages a metre on the right track. So we keep hoping and praying basically.
lots of purrs at 5am in  my arms. Lovely.  :hug:  :hug: to all.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:14:55 AM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1462 on: November 30, 2008, 22:08:25 PM »

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1461 on: November 30, 2008, 21:30:17 PM »
thanks so much, I needed that.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: and one more for good measure  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1460 on: November 30, 2008, 21:25:31 PM »
My vet told me with Dragan that if the good days outweigh the bad days it's ok to go on.  Hope Swampy's good days outweigh his bad and hope you all have a good night tonight x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1459 on: November 30, 2008, 17:03:20 PM »
thanks for your support again  :hug:

most of the time he's on the futon or in his igloo and is a happy little fellow. Just when he needs to move or has an hour or two of manic pacing (either from his brain or the steroids) that he has problems. As it's not consistent suffering ie he's not visibly unhappy all the time it's so difficult. But we will see how he gets on - and I have to give him his laurabolin injection tomorrow which could make things better or worse.  There's still the painkiller to put in his mouth too - the vet told me he's given me a very small dose and to not worry to give it if I think the bad circling is from pain, not from brain pressure (eg from the cystitis).  The most difficult thing is that he doesn't get to see the vet very often and so the whole treatment is telephone based to a large extent. That's why I was so relieved he was seen during the week. (having a good day at the time).
So far the antibiotics haven't made a difference but it was worth a try as his white count's up.

Btw the insurance co wrote me a weird letter saying they may or may not pay for home visits but they'll decide each time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 17:04:01 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1458 on: November 30, 2008, 16:30:30 PM »
Im so sorry to read Swampy has taken a turn for the worst. We all on here know how hard it is to say goodbye , praying that this is just a blip with Swampy and that time hasnt come for you just yet. :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1457 on: November 30, 2008, 16:30:01 PM »
Me too x

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #1456 on: November 30, 2008, 13:26:44 PM »
 :hug: Sending loads of hugs and purrsss Kate x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #1455 on: November 30, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
Swampy's just woken up. He ate well today but is still very circly. We love  - and respect - him more than anything and will do what is best for him. Always. The vet said to be able to look back and know that you did the right thing, not to have any doubts. Swampy has a strong will to live and was a lot better very recently - the vet said he could stay like this, or it could be a bad few days. I've just had a mega purr session with him and he's calm at present with his head moving less. We'll see once he starts to move.

My life without him will be empty. That's not the basis for any part of this decision though.
 :hug: everyone xx :hug:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 13:05:23 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #1454 on: November 30, 2008, 12:35:45 PM »
Sorry he's not been doing so well Kate  :hug: hope he's stabilised a bit this morning.

Link to CatChat