Author Topic: Fox cubs in the sunshine  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Fox cubs in the sunshine
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 22:42:24 PM »
Greatr pics Leigh and Dawn  ;D

In London I used to hear them and they would crash the fences but never saw them.

Only ones I have seen here are roadkills  :(

Not much nature at all round here, very sad

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 17:57:50 PM »
Gorgeous photos, all of them. Baby foxes must be getting active and adventurous at the moment. While passing through a bushy, but built-up area on the train this morning I saw a young one wandering down a sloping roof on a lean-to. Lost his balance and went sideways onto the next bit of roof down. Picked himself up, dusted himself down and kept going. It must have sounded like thunder to anyone indoors! Meanwhile all the zombies on my train just kept staring out the window without a blink! He was gorgeous!!! :Luv:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 16:36:55 PM »
How amazing!  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 16:11:46 PM »
Wow Dawn, that must have been an amazing experience  :Luv: :Luv:

Gorgeous photos  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 15:58:07 PM »
Aw Dawn, what fantastic photos and memories for you to have.  Piper looks like he was enjoying the fox's company too.

What's a few scratches and bites between friends!!  :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 15:53:00 PM »
I did get bit all over the first time they were brought home, nasty little horrors they were  :sneaky:  Their mum was sadly killed by the Cheshire Hunt, and the cubs were going to be killed as well, I offered to take them and their eyes had just opened bless them  :'(  After a couple of days, they viewed me as mum and my dog Dingo at the time, often washed them all over and kept a very close eye on everything I did with them, he would watch me like a hawk and when he went for walks, he would race home again and straight up to the airing cupboard where the foxes were being kept warm, he loved them to bits  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Here's a couple of pics of them and our other dog Piper  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 15:40:47 PM »
Aw Dawn, you lucky foxy mama!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I bet you loved every minute of it, I am so jealous.  Well done you.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 15:33:28 PM »
Hubby didn't think so at the time, we had one fox called CJ, he would only let me near him and used to drag me round the kitchen by my jeans whenever I walked in.  If hubby got within biting distance, CJ would have him in a flash, I'd then pick CJ up to cuddle him and he'd nuzzle my face  :Luv2:   :Luv2:  We used to regularly have the local plod round to spend time with them, a couple were staunch wild life supporters and used to bring their colleagues round to the mad house  :shify:  I'm not sure I would want to go through it again, our house got completely wrecked and I'd often walk up the road to see them hanging off my net curtains  :rofl:  They learnt to open the back door and one night we heard a load of crunching  :sneaky:  We came down to 4 little faces peering out of my kitchen door after they'd chewed all the beading and the perspex glass to escape into the rest of the house  :sneaky:  All in all, it was an unforgettable experience and I have fond memories of the little hooligans  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 15:25:21 PM »
That's a lovely story Dawn, as you say what a privilege.

The older I get the more I love animals. The other day when all the flying ants were out in huge numbers they were everywhere underfoot and I had to take care not to tread on them, every creature has a right to life. Sounds a bit daft to some folks I suppose but it's the way I feel about things. As we humans sit at the top of the food chain then we don't have to worry about being squashed under some giant creature's foot at any second, imagine what life would be like if we did.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 15:29:56 PM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 15:21:54 PM »
Just  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  I handreared 4 fox cubs years ago, they are the most beautiful animals and extremely intelligent.  My dogs, cat, ferrets and fox cubs used to have oodles of fun chasing each other round, it's an experience I feel very privileged to have been part of  :)   :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 14:48:26 PM »
Okidokey hun, fully understand, maybe I should start my own HP scheme  ;D ;D

You could pay in four easy installments, front, back, right arm and left arm  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Of course you'd have to stitch them all together but, hell, we both know you don't get something for nothing in this world  ;D

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 14:55:36 PM by LeighK »

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 14:18:55 PM »
Hiya hun,

Hope all is well with you and Maxy boy, haven't seen you around much of late.

Cheers x

Leigh

I been in stealth mode  :shify:  :evillaugh:

Been mega busy the last few weeks, work and play lol!  Maxy's fine, he sends you and the gang a big headbut!

I'm thinking about one of your t-shirts, but need to see how the finances pan out over the next month, dire property market = very little commission so working with a basic salary and paying car tax and MOT this month  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 13:29:02 PM »
That's a great pic Leigh, I would love to see a fox. I always stop to look at animals/birds when I see them. My treat to myself on my birthday was to go to the Pets Corner at a local dene and I spent a very happy hour saying hello to various pigs, sheep, goats, rabbits and birds  ;D I can't understand people who don't appreciate animals and nature.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 13:27:26 PM »
Hiya hun,

Hope all is well with you and Maxy boy, haven't seen you around much of late.

Cheers x

Leigh

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 13:16:27 PM »
awwww, what a lovely pic Leigh  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 12:50:13 PM »
When I first moved into my house 22 years ago I wondered if I was in the middle of a farm at one point.  There are so many fields and farms near to me and one week I had a squirrel, then a fox, then a sheep and then a cow.  I love it really.  I always go down the road to feed the horses some carrots etc.  Better than watching the TV or sitting in the house fed up.  I have to get n the car and drive 20 minutes to feed ducks, geese, rabbits and squirrels at Ogden Reservoir.  Bigger smile on my face than when I'm eating chocolate  or ice cream!!  :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 12:43:08 PM »
Stunning pic! I love foxes too, we had a cub run through our garden yesterday and often see them but I always stop too.  :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 12:30:25 PM »
Wish I'd been cuddling up with them.  mind you, Bonnie will have interigated me when I got home!!

It was bad enough on Friday when I stroked my friend's cat, her neighbour's cat and her neighbour's dog!!!  She sniffed at me for ages before she would cuddle up.  :Luv2:

Mary

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,16811.msg287253.html#msg287253

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 12:18:33 PM »
Hi chuck,

Not bad considering it's a camera phone, wish I had had my SLR on me and then I could have got some really good pics, they were having such fun chasing each other around and cuddling up together under the bushes.

TTFN xx

LAFS

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »
That's a beautiful photo Leigh.  We have foxes nearby who sometimes stroll down our Avenue in the evening.  It's wonderful to see and I love it.  One of my neighbours, when I pointed out one of them in the avenue to her, said that they are vermin.  Why not just enjoy this little piece of nature that we were privileged to share I wonder?

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »
Hiya, my theory too..

Well I know that urban foxes don't have a great reputation when they split open rubbish sacks etc. but if folks are stupid enough to put un-protected smelly plastic rubbish sacks outside their house all week long then they are just asking for it IMO. I put mine in a metal dustbin with the lid firmly on and it has never happened to me but it has happened to the neighbours often enough  ;D I used to live right near Richmond Park where my cats at the time both now at Rainbow Bridge used to play and there were loads of foxes in there and they never got hurt by them once in 14+ years.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:56:30 AM by LeighK »

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 09:46:53 AM »
My hubby has a theory - that we were put on this earth to look after it ie..... be its gardeners but we took over and we have bu :censored: it up with polution/global warming/species extinction etc.

I think they are lovely Leigh.   Some people just don't realise how beautiful animals and nature is x

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Fox cubs in the sunshine
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:37:32 AM »
Hi folks,

I posted this in another posting but thought it might be better on its own.

Two fox cubs I spotted playing in the late afternoon sunlight in a garden near my mums nursing home, not a great quality pic as taken with my phone but beautiful to watch, they were only a few feet away.

Aren't some people funny in this day and age?!, I mentioned it to a woman passer by and she said "oh yeah" and walked on. Now she might see this every day but I know that I don't. Why not stop for a few minutes and enjoy the beauty of nature, it doesn't cost anything does it?!.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:37:55 AM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat