Author Topic: New PAH dry food called "Purely"  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: New PAH dry food called "Purely"
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 16:48:03 PM »
Its still £18.10 for 4 at my PAH, seapets are cheaper still at 16.40 for 4  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 13:35:57 PM »
I noticed last time I was there that the small boxes had gone up.  It's not long since the multipacks went up from about £16 to £18.  Not been for a while, but last time I looked, NM was cheaper at Jollyes.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 09:03:52 AM »
So I bought the big Natures menu mutlibox last night from PAH................. £21.99!!!!!  the food for the cats its going up faster than anything else, not long ago it was £16.85  >:(
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 13:55:04 PM »
Is the PAH Purely range better than the normal PAH range then?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 13:46:17 PM »
I've got the Salmon dry for my girls and they love it!!  Thought I'd give it a try as I too am trying to reduced the amount that I spend on their food (normally have Science Plan) and thought this had to be better that whiskas dry  :shy:  Next is trying to find a good high content wet food - natures menu multibox (48 pack) has gone up again to over £20!!!........if not I'll have to keep getting it as they won't eat "normal" food now.  I think they might be spoilt  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »
just had an email, the wet food will be in the shops in September

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 13:31:49 PM »
I've emailed them about it, I'll let you know what they say, they're only selling the dry online  as well

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 20:39:01 PM »
I had a look for this today when I was in PAH but htey only had the dry.  I asked if they were getting the wet in and got some vague answer about gradually introducing new lines etc. and how they don't introduce everything at once.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 16:51:19 PM »
I Got a small box of this yesterday, Molly and Zi like it (I got the senior, so not all the cats can have it). What I can't work out is where the rest of the chicken content comes from. The other bit I didn't like was the 'crunchy kibbles act as a natural kitty toothbrush' - yeah, cos htey naturally eat dry food in the wild!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 18:45:11 PM »
Lots of chemicals are naturally derived but not necessarily good, colourants are pointless as TB says cats dont care what colour their food is  :-:

Lots of colourings banned in the uk are allowed elsewhere so id like to know what they are using.
Wonder if they would disclose what they are

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 13:17:46 PM »
Didn't see this when I was at PAH yesterday, but then again, I tend not to linger at the dry food section.

also rather than telling people to ensure there is always a fresh supply of water, it says "remember cats who don't get a lot of fresh water are sad and miserable"  >:( - sad and miserable? - what nonsense - if they don't get water, they will dehydrate and die!!  >:(

Aww, c'mon - they're just trying to inject a bit of humour!  More likely to get the point across, imo, than the standard drinking water must always be available.  They put that kind of thing on all their products.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 13:00:46 PM »
I've just bought a small box of this to go alongside the box of wet I bought them (first time trying them on wet), they didn't have the wet purely food but I got natures menu instead.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 12:54:28 PM »
The ingredient list looks good. Still don't understand why cat food needs to be coloured?? The cat doesn't care - surely that's for the human eye!

I can vouch for the PAH dry food.. Jameson loves it. Since I started buying it I've noticed a huge improvement on the quality of his fur - it's supershiny and smooth. His eyes are completely clear and healthy looking. Before I fed him Lidls own cat food (yes yes, this was when I had no idea about catfood!!). I can not stress enough the importance of good quality catfood!!!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 12:49:56 PM »
I really want to try the wet food but I visited three stores last week and none had it in yet, from what I could tell the wet food is 40% meat/fish

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 12:45:51 PM »
From the website:-

Purley Chicken dry:-
Fresh Chicken (min. 26% in the brown disc shaped biscuit), Poultry Meat Meal, Rice (min. 19%), Poultry Oil, Sugar Beet Pulp, Egg Powder, Fish Meal, Minerals, Meat and Animal Derivatives, Maize Gluten, Barley, Oats, Vegetables (Carrot, Pea, Spinach) Fruit (Citrus Pulp, Grape Pomace). Coloured with natural EC Additives. Total Chicken min. 40%.

And what I normally feed mine.

Hill's Science Plan Chicken:-
Chicken (Min. Chicken 45%; Min. Chicken and Turkey Combined 60%): Chicken and Turkey Meal, Ground Maize, Ground Rice, Animal Fat, Maize Gluten Meal, Digest, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Salt, Taurine, Vitamins and Trace Elements. Naturally Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary Extract.

I'm tempted to give this a try just because I'm realising how much I spend on cat food....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:51:48 PM by Sabrina (Auferstehen) »

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »
Funny enough was going to post about this today    :scared:

I got one of the small boxes on saturday to try my girls with it. It seems good quality, the meat quantity is certainly good

It has certainly passed the taste test (the chicken flavour), will be going to get a big box on pay day!

Our local PAH has really improved its cat section recently, they do Applaws now which has been a massive hit in our house  :wow:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »
I think that is the general rule but with Orijen, they list everything and there is a long list but they are all things like liquorice root extract and stuff  :evillaugh:

I know what you mean though - I'm sure it would be better marketing if they actually stated what the additives were and how they were derived?

It does seem like a good ingredient list except for the missing pre/probitoics which are especially important if your cat has poo issues  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »
One thing I am a bit wary of is "Natural EC preservatives"  :shify:
This could be ascorbic acid (i think) - which is actually a natural acid to help preserve (you find this in jams etc). There are a small numbers of additives that are natural (I remember cos I was confused why the parents in law had Organic bisquits with added E numbers!! - how can an E number be organic??? So they explained...)

I've seen these packets too, they look all wholesome and natural. Do they contain good ingredients? I didn't read the list..

Oh the importance of reading the ingredients list! The general rule of thumb, the shorter the ingredient list, the better the product!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »
One thing I am a bit wary of is "Natural EC preservatives"  :shify:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:28:10 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: New PAH dry food called "Simply"
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
I got the dry last week, I wanted to try the wet but they didn't have it in yet

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
New PAH dry food called "Purely"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »
Sharon & I bought some of this the other day. It's good quality ingredients - ie 40% chicken but unlike the other PAH own brand, it doesn't have prebiotics. It's £6.99 for a 2kg box. The box is made to look like recycled "whole food" - very iffy wording - "scrummy"you can tell it's a cheap amaterish marketish company and the wording was probably done by a graduate  :evillaugh: - also rather than telling people to ensure there is always a fresh supply of water, it says "remember cats who don't get a lot of fresh water are sad and miserable"  >:( - sad and miserable? - what nonsense - if they don't get water, they will dehydrate and die!!  >:(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:28:29 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat