Author Topic: SCA & OCA show bragette  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: SCA & OCA show bragette
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 23:01:21 PM »
Thanks folks, Madam Pearl is thrilled to accept your congratulations.  ;D

I'll have to accept them on her behalf as Madam is curled up and sound asleep on the bed, snoring rather delicately.  :Luv2:

I just can't believe she did so well...  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 13:49:28 PM »
Well done Pearl and congratulations to both you and your mummy.  You did well there girl, you little beauty.

:clap: :clap: :ahh: :clap: :clap: :congrats: :best 2:

Mary and Bonnie
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »
 :1st place: way to go  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Give darling Pearl a cuddle from me  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »
 :1st place:  Well done Pearl, what a star :Luv:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 23:45:17 PM »
She is such a little star! Well done to both of you.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 23:32:52 PM »
That's fantastic well done Pearl, you are indeed a star, have one of these  :wish: and one of these :1st place:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 23:29:03 PM »
Thats stunning, well done Pearl  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 23:19:47 PM »
FANTASTIC!!!!! I'm over the moon for you  ;D ;D ;D Give Madam a huge hug from me and headbutts from the team!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
SCA & OCA show bragette
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 23:10:39 PM »
Pearl and I were at the joint Siamese Cat Association and Oriental Cat Association show in Milton Keynes today. It's a shared venue by these two breed clubs and household pets can compete in both shows. My friend Linda (who was Pearl's foster meowmy at Ely CP) also took two of her gang and we travelled down together - always makes for a fun day. Nothing beats a good day out at a show with a good friend and cats you love to cuddle.  :agree:

The HP section of the show was tiny, but what was lacking in quantity certainly made up for it in quantity, including a Supreme Group winner and a multiple HP BIS winner. It proves there's never an easy show, regardless of where you go.

I watched the judging from the balcony - it's lovely being able to watch the judges and stewards handling your cat and dispensing lots of cuddles and fusses and to be honest, I get one heck of a kick out of that. Madam took everything in her stride, she must have been purring her little heart out because I saw a few of the ladies holding her up to an ear to listen to her. :look 2: They couldn't stop cuddling her.  :blow kiss:

It seemed that Pearl succeeded in charming the judges because she had a red card day in BOTH shows! :yesss: Eight classes, eight red prize cards and eight red rosettes....  :loon:

Then to cap it all, Pearl was nominated for Best in Show in both shows! :shocked:

I wouldn't want to have been the judges who had to make the decision between her and Rosina (Linda's longhaired tortie girl) as it's always so close between them at the best of times. That must have been so hard to choose between Pearl and Rosina - I watched the BIS judging and there was an inordinate amount of headscratching...  :shify:

The final decision I think was probably the right decision in the end - Rosina won the Oriental CA show and my special girl won the Siamese CA show. :yesss:

I was so thrilled to see Pearl being held up infront of the audience and then put in her posh pen at the front of the show hall. Bless her, she took it all in her stride. :blow kiss: So many people came to see her in her posh pen and dispense cuddles and fusses - actually, she was a popular cat to meet all day.  :look 2:

It's Pearl's first BIS at a GCCF championship show and I'm absolutely over the moon!  :yesss: I'm still so stunned you could knock me over with a feather...

Pearl won two beautiful rosettes, one for best adult and one for overall BIS, a Hills goody bag with 2kg of crunchies in it as well as other edibles, 6 kg of Royal Canin crunchies and a lovely fluffy snuggle bed.

Right now, she's having a well-earned snooze after a supper of hi-life chicken and lots of celebratory cuddles. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo proud of my special girl! She's my little star!  :wish:

Have attached a few piccies of today for your enjoyment.  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat