« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 14:46:08 PM »
There are those who might wonder if I should get out more  :rofl:

Now who could possibly think that?  :innocent: :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Weird!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 14:43:12 PM »
Riley has a 'melted whisker', it looks like it's been melted and the end has gone all curly.  He's not allowed in the kitchen while the hob is still hot (I lock him out until it's cooled) so I've no idea how he did it  :shify:

Blip gets eyebrows like that from time to time.  My own theory on this  :evillaugh: is that the hair has trouble breaking the surface when it is first growing.  There are those who might wonder if I should get out more  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 13:23:31 PM »
Max has bent and snapped whiskers and sometimes none at all. Initially I was worried and the vet pondered vitamin deficiencies and the like, but then we just got used to it. Some of it is to do with being over groomed by Swampy (who has been known to bite his whiskers clean off!). I think some cats have dodgy whiskers basically  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:10 PM »
Riley has a 'melted whisker', it looks like it's been melted and the end has gone all curly.  He's not allowed in the kitchen while the hob is still hot (I lock him out until it's cooled) so I've no idea how he did it  :shify:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »
My dear ginger cat used to have a whisker that had kinks in it :)

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
One of my cats back at my parents has a curly whisker. It just always grows curly, so comes out the side and curls round nearly to her nose. She is pure black with black whiskers and once or twice it has grown white! So funny. Her first white whisker fell out a year to the day after my old cat was put to sleep, very spooky. x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 21:24:58 PM »
Not suffered split ends but foxy has about three that are bent ... she obviously fell asleep on them and they have a permanent kink in them now!  :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 16:44:14 PM »
I don't know about whiskers, but Blip grew a split end on one of her white eyebrow hairs once  :)  I remember it because it looked so incongrous somehow  ;)

It only occured the once, though...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 16:24:59 PM »
Bob's whiskers were very brittle and after a stay in a cattery, rubbing his face against the wire of the cage, he always came home with stubble. I did see recently where it might be a deficiency of some sort, but can not remember what it was, will see if I can remember, but don't hold out much hope  :Crazy:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Weird!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 14:54:41 PM »
When I picked up Leo from the breeders house & got him home he looked like someone had cut a few whiskers shorter! Since then he has always got 1 or a few that look like this. I don't think they are new ones that have just grown through either. I just saw him on the window sill & saw a few have split ends!! Leo has split ends on his whiskers!!! is this normal?? ha ha

Link to CatChat