Author Topic: Covcats - meet the new family!  (Read 2939 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Covcats - meet the new family!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 21:47:56 PM »
sounds like things have worked out nicely Angie... nice one ;)
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 17:14:45 PM »
I'm working on a mum and 12 week old kitten FTGH so I'm sure there will something for you to meet!

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 17:03:00 PM »
Oh, sorry I won't get a chance to meet them... but that's great news ;D

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 16:50:15 PM »
mum cat is now to be called Maisy and has a home lined up when she's ready.

Maisy, Bill and Ben have just gone off to their new 'foster/permanent' home with a lovely family who were looking for 2 kittens. The parents used to foster for CP before the family came along and the family (two very polite gentle young gilrs) will enjoy the experience of seeing the babes grow - (not to mention mum :rofl:) and in due course will adopt the two lads (hopefully!).

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 12:16:15 PM »
At least I had time to give my emergency room a good clean!  :rofl:

Did you find the elusive pooh,  :rofl:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 10:11:14 AM »
good on you for taking them in Angie....  bless her little 'socks!'     I hate hearing this when mum is only a baby h erself....  but they are all in safe hands now.

:hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 10:06:25 AM »
Ange, she looks so much like Pippa, the mum you sent to me :Luv2: you sure someone's not cloning them up there.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:02:03 AM »
That's so sad Angie, a Mum at 6 months when she's still just a baby herself  :'(  So glad you took them in as I dread to think where she might have ended up. 

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:59:39 AM »
At least I had time to give my emergency room a good clean!  :rofl:
Poor old mummy cat will drive me mad until she goes - poor thing she must be bored without her kittens, shes booked in for spaying next tuesday and hopefully will be gone the weekend after. I haven't heard if the 3 cats from sutton colefield need to come it yet, if so they will have to share cat room with Maggie and co.

I know I shouldn't have looked as I'm in the same boat as I was in last week (though 2 kittens less) though I've double deckered the pens in my cat room so can use two pens if the need arises, though 2 families and 3 adult cats is quite a lot to squash into a 10ft x 6ft space along with the wardrobe, table, scratching posts and other cat related items.

I emailed CP HQ to see if they could help about the 3 cats and received the following reply (anyone from CP please pm /email me if you think it is nappropriate for me to put this on here and I'll remove it), it just highlights how bad the situation is  :'(

"Thank you for your email regarding rehoming 3 cats.  I have contacted the branch and Adoption Centre surrounding Sutton Coldfield but have had no luck as they are all over-flowing with cats too.  We currently are also looking for space 7 cats from 3 other branches in that area already and all we can do is add them to the waiting lists and tell them to call other charities and advertise in local papers and vets for good home wanted.  If she would like to be added to the waiting lists then it is best for Mrs xxxx to call the branches as she can give all the information on the cats.  Unfortunately Birmingham Adoption Centre has closed there waiting list as it is now too long and they keeping having cats left in boxes in there car park recently."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:10:34 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »
Ange, they are gorgeous and well done you for taking them in, otherwise who knows where they would have ended up :Crazy:.

You didn't even have to wait a week did you for your emergency room to be used. :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Covcats - meet the new family!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:48:40 AM »
Well, it didn't take long, thogh it was of my own making - what would you have done?

Browsing throught the internet and “black and white mommy cat and her 2 little kittens need a loving home togeather, as i just dont have the time for them, very difficult decision as they are lovely cats, the mother is 6 months old and is fully housetrained and very freindly, the kittens must go with their mom as they are only a week old.please call home number or email thanks. “

So here we have Maggie (after some discussion they said she was 'socks' though not a sock in sight) and her 2 boys, Bill and Ben who look so  similar its going to be fun telling them apart. Mum was given to them by someone at the school 2 months ago. Born a week sunday so now 9 days old. (Now living in the cat room and old mummy in my study now shes home alone and walking all over my keyboard!)

Link to CatChat