Author Topic: Buster`s last update R.I.P.  (Read 15546 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Buster an update
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:15:29 AM »
What a wonderful piece Teresa, so filled with love.  Buster is lucky you found him and you have given him what every cat has a right to, a loving, caring home.  I hope his last days are filled with pain free happiness and my thoughts are with you at this sad time.   :hug: for you and  :hug: for Buster

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
My thought's are with you and Buster T!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:55 AM »
 :hug:

Thinking of both of you.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:55:39 AM »
Best wishes for you and buster T  :hug: :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »
Firstly hun you haven't let him down at all and I say that with 100% of my heart.

I wish I could send you all my strength and love.    I wish I knew what to say but I don't.   Please know that the tears I cry right now after reading your post are sincere and understanding of what you are going through.

I am sorry I don't know the right thing to say and sorry I am apologising when you need strength rather than what I offer x x x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Buster`s last update R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:46:41 AM »
Time for an update on Busters condition , his tumour is now huge and yesterday vet gave him anything from 12 hours to 2 weeks,our little man has shrunk and is so fragile. He is not in pain and does have some quality.

Here are my thoughts of him
Buster the first time I set eyes on you I wanted to kill the 80 year old drunkard that had confined you so cruelly, of course I couldn’t do that because I had a terrible fight on with you, how angry and aggressive you were towards me. You wanted to kill any human that crossed your path and somehow I was right in the line of fire.
For 7 long months I fed and cared for you and you repaid my kindness with bites and scratches at every opportunity, you hated me, I despaired of you; you never cowered in a corner you always came forward to attack; Buster what a fighter you are.
Without warning one sunny July day you decided I was an ok person and jumped onto my chair and enjoyed being stroked, soon after you became a people cat. Some lovely people offered you a home and you ran off out of the garden and didn’t return until they had gone, I got friends to offer you a home and each time you ran down the garden disappearing until they had gone; Buster you are a crafty old so and so, you knew exactly what you were doing, I guess you chose us.
A couple of months later you became really poorly and needed a life saving operation like a sex change, it was touch and go but we got through ok and I think we both realised at this time just how much we loved each other. We also found out that you had a heart problem and spondylosis of the spine and that you would need monthly injections for life.
Over the years you have made some wonderful friends both furry and human, Winnie the dog was your all time favourite,  You took charge of our bottlefeds and taught them everything they needed to know, how to wash properly, how to kick a ping pong ball and most importantly how to gain human love and  respect, wee Andy was your last charge.
You welcomed quite a few golden oldies and made them feel so important and comfortable during their last days Sundance was as fragile then as you are now he’s waiting to greet you along with Iris and Clio and others. As for us humans you greeted each and every one always the purr fect host and so worthy of your title of Buster President of Paws Inn
For some strange reason you never had any patience with Minimopsical, how strange that now in your final days she is the one you now choose to share a bed with, or is it because you groomed her for the job of First Lady when she was a tiny bottle-fed?
Buster in truth I can describe you as a rogue, quite the most lovable, intelligent and understanding rogue and somehow that cat I once despaired off has become part of me. I am proud to have shared your life  and I pray that your last days with us are happy and that I am strong enough not to let you down.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:17:52 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Link to CatChat