Author Topic: Wishes for Rosie please  (Read 55044 times)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Re: Wishes for Rosie please
« Reply #319 on: June 23, 2008, 14:27:41 PM »
Wishing all the best for you and for Rosie. I am sure you will know when the time has come to make that final gesture of love. :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2008, 13:12:45 PM »
REally struggling to know what to give her, she has had 6 kinds of food this weekend, and can't decide whether to use the app I have tomorrow for her (Clover doesn't really need to go now), or give her a few more days, and take her on Thurs.

Personally, I would get her in sooner rather than later, at least with talking to the vet you will be able to decide what is best for her and whether a decision has to be made  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2008, 13:00:28 PM »
As always Des its a hard decision to make but you know Rosie best

We are lucky Gracie is still eating for Britain all be it a bit messy - she dribbles a lot but loves her A/d and cat milk and any treats are now cut very small or mashed to oblivion but she is still happy in herself so for us the decision is not so close

My thoughts are with you and Rosie :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #316 on: June 23, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »
Sorry to hear that Rosie's still not eating properly, I think doing bloods again is a good idea, then at least you might know a bit more what you're dealing with, whether its the kidneys, or pain of arthritis making her feel poorly  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #315 on: June 22, 2008, 21:39:17 PM »
Nope, her eating is worrying me, she hasn't cleared her bowl since Thurs night (and she had been starved in case the vet wanted to do bloods, not really that much of a good sign), she was close with her Applaws yesterday, but then brought part of it back up, so not sure how much she got, and she can't have that all the time cos it is complimentary. REally struggling to know what to give her, she has had 6 kinds of food this weekend, and can't decide whether to use the app I have tomorrow for her (Clover doesn't really need to go now), or give her a few more days, and take her on Thurs. Vet didn't think it was her teeth, so it is either her kidneys, arthritis, or the bloatedness she could feel in her liver area. My family of course think that I should accept it is her time, but I am not sure about that either, I am going to have to get bloods done this week, as I dont want to make a decision without  knowing what is going on internally, but if they show that her liver has issues as well as kidneys and arthritis, then I will make that decision, I dont think it would be fair to try and keep her going with 3 untreatable conditions.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2008, 18:27:03 PM »
Hope darling Rosie is having a better time lately! ....and yourself of course?  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2008, 17:52:15 PM »
That is her 'second' bed Liz, but she has shunned that this week, choosing to sleep next to it instead. She has been on her donut bed today, cos her blanket is in the wash. I am dubious about starting taking food to her too much, as she needs to move or she is going to get stiffer, which is going to make her worse, and also I wont be able to judge when her legs do get worse. She has had a good afternoon though, and has come downstairs to enjoy some sun and she did nearly make me late for work though cos she wanted to play. i really dont like the thought of injections, she struggles enough with a tablet, I would hate to have a needle, especially as I only have one pair of hands, and I have to think about how much i want her to associate me with, i have had cats in the past who have hated medications and then hated me, which I cant have.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »
Des have you tried a flat bed or blanket folded - this is what Gracie likes and to get her to eat we put her A/d on a saucer and take it to her so she can eat in bed and then get up later to eat the rest of the food downstairs

We pander to her every whim and at least we know what she eats for one good meal a day

Can't the vet give you something in injectable for so that she can associate the injection with a treat  on her own with you just a thought as you sound quite despondant about the situation

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »
Bless, hope a different bed helps it must be very uncomfortable

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »
I wish I could think of some words of wisdom for you regarding Rosie. It's such a difficult thing to judge if you haven't known a cat very long. Hoping things become clearer for you soon. Big fuss to Rosie.(and the others of course!) :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2008, 08:07:24 AM »
This is the problem though BM, i dont know the 'real' Rosie, I have only known the 'poorly' Rosie. i think I will swap her bed, it might be cos it is a thick donut bed that she is struggling. I think her lack of eating in the morning might be more due to it being painful to get up, and she is preferring Pate style food now, so despite 3 boxes of Senior food, I am on the hunt for something else.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2008, 23:21:09 PM »
Aw bless her Des....You are the one who sees her everyday, you are the one who can judge her condition....you will know when the time has come!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I do hope that the downside of her conditions let up for a good while and let her enjoy some good quality time she has left.... :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

> To the both of you..... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2008, 22:49:49 PM »
Sending you and Rosie  :hug: :hug:.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2008, 22:13:26 PM »
Bless her, my dog used to like to lie in hard places when she had arthritis.  Hope she is feeling better tomorrow.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2008, 21:05:25 PM »
Desley, just sending some gentle hugs for you both tonight.   :care:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2008, 20:49:33 PM »
Went to the vets tonight, she does have a crackling right shoulder, to go with the back knees. Vet is reluctant to give her anything for the arthritis cos of her kidneys. She also has a swollen belly, and a low temp, so is on antibiotics as apparently CRF cats can get secondary infections. Once she is off the ab's, we are going to look at re-doing her bloods, as obviously CRF is a progressive disease. She is still choosing to shun the bed in favour of the hard floor, which wont do her joints any good at all!! I am really wondering if I am doing the right thing by her, seeing as she has two conditions tht we can't do a lot about, and even if we could, they aren't treatable. She is going to hate the meds like she did last time, and I dont want to have to fight with her to get meds into her, I want her to enjoy her time here and be happy.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 20:54:11 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2008, 14:03:05 PM »
I hope every thing goes well with little Rosie's vet visit tonight. :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2008, 07:45:52 AM »
Thanks, I am not looking forward to tonights vet visit. She has started to sleep in odd places again, shunning the nice comfy bed in front of the rad for the floor in front of the bath.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2008, 07:36:22 AM »
Hope things are ok for little Rosie posie

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2008, 20:01:35 PM »
Hope all goes well with the prospect of all the medical issues.....hope her teeth are okay too! You sound exhausted!  :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2008, 21:18:17 PM »
IF it wasn't for her CRF, I wouldnt be as bothered by steroids, but I can't risk the main side effect, which is weeing and drinking more, she can't afford to wee anymore than she already does. Yes, it might not happen, but she is one of my cats, and has already been diagnosed with CRF and arthritis in the 3 months she has been here, and her arthritis has already got worse. i need to get the vet to check her teeth again, as if they have got worse, it is another issue to worry about.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2008, 20:51:57 PM »
Des we are on the steroid and antibiotic route with gracie and so far it is working add in the cat milk, and ALd this old bird is doing well

I know the steroids is not the best route but Gracie is free from pain at the moment and living life to the full

So in the end we weighed up her happiness free from pain with her lump be it abcess or tumour and she is doing well, yes its a pain for the fortnightly trips to the vet - we go 4 weekly but the vet is now thinking of giving us the injections to do as we have coped so well with our diabetic boy so maybe if they will go the same route with you less vets trips and they do forgive you in the end!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2008, 20:23:29 PM »
Seraquin wouldnt', but if it isn't working, or not enough to help her, then we would have to go down the medication route, which is either steroids or Metacam, both of which have side effects. If I dont want to go down teh medication route, then I have to consider her quality of life for living with painful joints and no respite from it. No sun unfortunately today.
Please spay your cat

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2008, 19:00:14 PM »
hope Rosie got some sun today. Would seraquin really make her kidneys worse? It's always such a juggling act isn't it when they have multiple health probs. sending lots of positive sun vibes  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »
Hope she continues to do well.  Come on Rosie girl

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »
Desley, hope Rosie is doing OK. It's really hard to know what to do for the best in these sort of situations.  :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
Receptionist wanted to book me in, i have done it for Thurs to give me some time to work out whether I want to go down the med route. I took her outside last night, so she had some sort of sun.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2008, 02:50:04 AM »
Great news that she does not seem as bad today!  :wow: Yes better off having a word with vet rather than taking her in without maybe needing too! Sending sunshine vibes for your area Des~~~~~I know she likes her basking!  :Luv: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »
Thanks - she doesn't seem as bad this morning, so hopefully yesterday was just a one off, and i will just speak to the vet rather than book her in.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2008, 07:13:43 AM »
sending a little cuddle this morning for Rosie, and hope you're not too stiff either Desley.  :hug:  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #288 on: June 16, 2008, 01:33:20 AM »
Good news she is getting her eating into order, sorry to hear her arthritis seems worse!  :( Hope it was just an off day for her! Good Luck with the blood results when they are done!  :Luv: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #287 on: June 15, 2008, 18:11:39 PM »
WEll, she was pottering about outside earlier, and seemed to be limping on her front right shoulder, so i have to decide whether to go down the medication route for her arthritis now, i didn't really want to do this in case it makes her kidneys a lot worse - she has had nearly a months worth of Seraquin now. i might also have to bring her blood tests forward, i was going to do it next month, as it is 2 months since her diagnosis. She is eating more senior food now, and I have given her a mix of renal and senior food for tea - she ate some, then put mousey in the food. Mixed some more water in to try and tempt her.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2008, 22:05:34 PM »
I only got the form on Mon, and hardly had any PC time since then. i dont know how to set anything up online, but I suppose if you want to send something in the post, that would be fine. Will go and do a general thread.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2008, 21:19:23 PM »
I'd be happy to sponsor you too Des.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2008, 19:06:41 PM »
not much chance of a rest, as i am doing Race for Life tomorrow,

You should have posted this up on the forum!  Can I sponsor you?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2008, 18:47:14 PM »
WEll, back down to 5, but not much chance of a rest, as i am doing Race for Life tomorrow, need to be out of the house for 9!!
Got Rosie some doggy pads today, the Range were selling 14 for 4.99, so thought I would give it a go. Was glad when I Went to put one down, as she had missed completely with a wee, and the newspaper I put down this morning wasn't enough. lets hope these are better. She can squat, as she does it in front of me, I watched her do it either last night or Thurs night. her legs can't be that bad at the moment as she has been quite active today, she has been downstairs at least twice today and has just come in my room.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2008, 18:40:07 PM »

No, nor do I.  One cat runs me ragged  :evillaugh:  Hope you get some good rest over the weekend.
[/quote]

Me too

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2008, 13:58:46 PM »
Thanks - I am down to 9 cats now, I dont know how other people do it.

No, nor do I.  One cat runs me ragged  :evillaugh:  Hope you get some good rest over the weekend.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
Thanks - I am down to 9 cats now, I dont know how other people do it. Just waiting for phone calls for the rest of the mum and kittens now. her owners should have been back yesterday.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat