Author Topic: Wishes for Rosie please  (Read 55040 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Wishes for Rosie please
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2008, 07:54:35 AM »
HE got into a fight yesterday morning, and yest evening, I was wandering about doing things, and ignored him when he was miaowing at me, so he sprayed in front of me to get my attention.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2008, 00:29:15 AM »
Oh what has poor Rolo done  :-:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2008, 21:20:51 PM »
Can't tell Rolo that I'm afraid BM, he has been a naughty boy today. Rosie did bat him for walking past her though!! She has had a good day, although eating a bit less. She is spending more and more time out of the bathroom though, which is a good thing.
Please spay your cat

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2008, 11:17:01 AM »
That is really great news,am so made up for you both xx
Caroline xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2008, 09:49:31 AM »
Fab news! Sound's like she is gaining her confidence from you Des....glad she is moving around a lot more and obviously having fun!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Tell Rolo I think he is being such a gent!  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2008, 07:30:32 AM »
Thanks - she is continuing to improve, she stayed outside for about an hour yesterday, I tried to leave her alone, I did go out twice, and both times she came to me and followed me, so I felt a bit sad I had disturbed her really - was amazed to find her on the wall though!! She even had a couple of nose sniffs with Rolo - but she started the spitting first, so I think he is learning to stay out of her way. She is staying out of the bathroom more and more, and happily sleeping on the stairs, just need to get her used to eating on the landing now. I honestly can't believe the difference in this cat in a week.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2008, 06:59:37 AM »
wonderful desley & well done  :)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2008, 08:28:13 AM »
sounds like she's eating well and the catnip mice are being well dealt with!  all the best  :hug: 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2008, 21:00:09 PM »
I know, she has certainly proved me wrong!! Will see what she thinks of the REnal tuna on Thurs, but to be honest, i am not too bothered if she eats it or not
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2008, 20:52:22 PM »
Bless her, the turnaround in her is amazing  :Luv: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2008, 20:40:33 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments, we have had a wonderful afternoon, she stayed downstairs for hours, and even when I thought she had gone up for good, she came back down of her own accord!! She hasn't eaten all her tea, but she has still eaten 1 3/4 pouches, plus some of her Whiskas crunch - it's more than Molly eats some days, and Molly weighs over 1kg more.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2008, 19:00:28 PM »
Rosie looks happy with her little mouse, as being independent and sleeping on her blanket there are cats which choose the places they like and

move around , at least she does sit on your knees, my Boy after 8 years still doesnt come to my bed or even sofa, and he is a very friendly cat but i guess some like their own space ;)

Still Rosie might surprise you and one morning you find her down stairs on her own, i think she just need some more time, still early days, but is so good to see her opening up. :hug:

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2008, 17:22:18 PM »
it certainly sounds as though shes better settled now.
Maybe she was suffering with a little depression being uprooted then when she realised her owners weren't coming back she just got on with it.
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2008, 16:36:43 PM »
Great stuff, Desley  :wow:  Rosie certainly looks lively and happy in those pictures: I really am pleased to see that.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2008, 15:55:17 PM »
Thanks Tab, I am very pleased with her today, she is still happily sleeping on the stairs (on that blanket near the top), so it does seem as though my fears were wrong.
Please spay your cat

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2008, 15:53:26 PM »
Thats brilliant news. Well done Rosie. I have to say I had the pleasure of meeting her and she really is a little sweetheart. Theres no way shes unhappy the way she acts. She came for a look at me and stayed for longer than my own cats stay with strangers which was nice. Im glad shes coming out of her shell now and exploring more
love
Tab

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2008, 15:29:38 PM »
It is lovely to see, I am so proud of her. She has had a wonderful afternoon, I brought her downstairs (Rolo was asleep out of the way), she had a sniff outside, a good explore of the front room, and a good play. Pottered back upstairs when I went in the kitchen, but happily came down when I spoke to her. She has stayed on the stairs since then, and is still sleeping there, on the blanket - think she has been down for nearly 2 hours now, Moses sneaked out of her room and Rosie was fine. Just a shame I cnat do the hoovering now.

I think they were right about her being an independent cat, she is much happier to be sleeping on a blanket than with me, but she did try and climb on my knee yesterday (Woudlnt stay on today), but is very responsive.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2008, 14:00:06 PM »
Its amazing when they do come out of their shells....I always new she was a shy cat but now Rosie is gaining confidence I feel your gonna have a cat that is the total opposite of when she first came to you.....

I honestly dont think her owner's have got to know this babe for real, to think they said she is a loner who dos'nt play!  :Crazy:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2008, 10:07:09 AM »
Yeah, she certainly was!! She had a really good play session when I went to say night to her, until I ruined things by putting the mousey in water. Nothing is where it was left when I said night, so she must have played overnight. I also had a shock this morning, I spotted Moses on the landing, so went to put her back in the cat room before i did anything, she wouldn't go though, and when I turned round, Rosie was in there!! She then had a potter on the landing, sniffed zi - they both spat at the same time, but at least they had a few seconds nosesniff first. Another potter, and I found her on the second step of the stairs, so she is realising she can go down them on her own. She polished off the first half pouch i gave her, so gave her the rest - am glad she is eating so well. More pics of her iwth her new toys.

Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2008, 03:59:26 AM »
I do think is important that Rosie enjoy her self now, she is still well and that is the main thing. :hug:

I think she is definately "going for it" as the expression on Rosie's face as she plays on the stairs says it all!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2008, 22:44:42 PM »
I do think is important that Rosie enjoy her self now, she is still well and that is the main thing. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2008, 22:29:01 PM »
I do hope so, I know there are no guarantees on how long she will have, but at least I have found some things that make her happy.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2008, 22:17:09 PM »
I am sure Rosie will have a summer with you, if not longer  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2008, 22:06:38 PM »
Thanks. I got a good deal at PAH today, so Rosie has a new catnip parcel that she loves, which made her run round playing with the ball, then scaring herself. She also liked the new mousey. She doens't like the replacement toy though, but Moses does. I also bought her a comfort mat which is so so with her - she wouldnt stay on the stairs tonight though.
One thing I forgot to say is that I am even more proud of her for playing, as one of her owners comments was 'she's old, she doesn't play' - I Did respond that my 15yo loves to play. So to get her playing 5.5 weeks later is wonderful, and makes me more hopeful that she can have a summer here, rather than the few weeks I initially thought.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2008, 15:39:27 PM »
Awwww, lovely pics, she's such a pretty girl  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2008, 08:40:23 AM »
Nope, there certainly isn't, and she certainly is opening up - maybe she thought 'well, I've been here this long, obviously my mummy and daddy aren't coming back for me, so I will have to accept it'.

:-) - that's my doorstop!! Rolo was already outside, he doesn't need any encouragement.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2008, 03:28:58 AM »
Awww! No sign's of unhappiness there!  :Luv: Like most animals they always manage to make you think the opposite then all of a sudden change on you.....looks like she is opening up now!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I love the first pic but may I suggest you introduce her to a real cat and not the toy one!  :rofl: ;)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2008, 22:04:10 PM »
Thanks Pav, she certainly seems to have more life in her, she isn't sleeping as deeply either, which is good, as I felt awful startling her. The fact she is playing without catnip is a really good sign, I dont want to do too much too soon with her, I did have to take the toy off her yesterday as she seemed to have overdone it.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2008, 22:03:19 PM »
Rosie looks wonderful and so cheeky  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2008, 21:49:28 PM »
Awww Desley, Rosie looks great , so different from her very first picture! I have to agree she does look alert and is great that she is playing or trying ;)  She does not look her age .

Well done Rosie. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2008, 21:41:02 PM »
WEll, she ate some of her mixture of RC Renal, JWB and Whiskas crunch during the day, wolfed her Whiskas Oh so, I took her downstairs, she didn't want to go out, but happily stayed on the stairs for well over an hour, first playing with her toys - n o catnip needed (I will need new ones, her idea of playing is pullig the feathers out!!), then happily sleeping, so I think she decided to prove me wrong. Either she just needed some more time to settle, or it was the outdoor access she was missing - she does still spend more time in the bathroom, but is much more alert now.
I had to go to the vets (again, 3rd trip this week!!), and the vet was about, as it was going home time, so I got a few mins chat, she said she wasn't surprised that Rosie wouldnt eat the food, which is why she only gave me a small amount (i'd hate to see her large amounts, there were 8 pouches and 2 alutrays!!), I asked about the Tuna pouches, and she said they have some at the other branch, so will pick some up for me tomorrow, and I can pick them up next week - we already have an app, she will have to wait till then, I Dont want to do 2 trips next week as well. She has eaten some Whiskas senior tonight, but loves the HiLife and Whiskas Oh So chicken, so I might just leave her on that. Now for the best bit - pics!!

Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
Hi Des, just catching up with this thread.

As you know I've been going through this with Max in trying to get him to eat his renal food, if not all the time, the majority of it, as his levels have improved in the space of the 2 months we've been doing it.

I would recommend trying the new RC tuna flavour pouch if you haven't already, its the only one that Max has ever eating with gusto, he eat the whole lot in one go without coming up for air!

Sending lots of positive vibes Rosie's way  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2008, 09:54:24 AM »
Brilliant stuff! Well done, Rosie. ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2008, 09:09:55 AM »
Try mixing the biscuits Des - thats what I'm doing at the moment with fabes

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2008, 07:17:30 AM »
Thanks, I am really pleased - she is very perky this morning, and has dived into her Whiskas Oh So Chicken - biscuits haven't been touched overnight, so think we will give up with the renal food and just give her the JWB and her Whiskas crunch. Can't wait to show the pics off!!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2008, 02:27:20 AM »
What a fantastic turn around.....Im sooo pleased for you both!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2008, 22:35:58 PM »
Yes Mark thats excatly what I meant  :rofl: :rofl:

Christine dim never  ;D ;D

Rosie sounds like she is doing very well Des and playing too , thats great  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2008, 20:21:08 PM »
We have had an absolutely excellent night, and if she carries on like this, she could have months, and not weeks. She didn't take any notice of the renal dry I got - I have done two trips to the vets and two trips to the supermarket this week just for her!! She does love the HiLife chicken, just waiting to see if it agrees with her tum. I have tried FElix senior tins, but it was beef flavour and she wasn't over keen. I have to be careful what I give her with her tum, she can't afford diarrhea. Some of the food MArk mentions I can't get as I have only found my nearest Sainsbury's when I was lost. I am going to PAH on Sat though, so shall see what they have. I would ideally like a high meat content (as that is the only reason the girls don't get Senior), but the only one I know of is HiLife tins - but they are £3 something for 8 small tins, and very hard to get hold of.
Tonight, she has been outside, then I put Rolo in the kitchen, she had a wander round the front room and then sat on the stairs, I got ehr a couple of catnip drops, she went bonkers over them, then gave her the catnip ball (fell down the stairs!), a mousey, whcih she liked till that fell down the stairs, and then the tail tickler came out - she loves the tail tickler, has had two plays with that (I will post pics over the weekend), then another wander round the front room, found the catnip ball again, then settled on the stairs, she was on the stairs for at least 25 mins, plus her time wandering outside and in the front room.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2008, 19:11:31 PM »
I assumed Gill meant to Pander to their Lord & Ladyships  :-:

Maybe not?  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 19:12:52 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2008, 19:09:11 PM »
Has she tried Felix senior - the foil trays?  That has a relatively low phosphorous content, Tiggy was on that for a few months happily until she realised she could hold out for Gourmet pearl  :evillaugh:

Awwwwwwwwww cats and I so agree that if eating is one of her few pleasures, then its best to be a panda  :rofl:

Forgive me for going off-topic ever-so-briefly, but whats this about pandas?  :Crazy: :rofl:  I am being dim again, arent I?  :-:

Hope Rosie has found something on the menu that pleases her, Desley  :Luv:

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Link to CatChat