Author Topic: Buckinghamshire peeps....Catteries.  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Buckinghamshire peeps....Catteries.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 17:05:07 PM »
Ta hun. She's prepared to travel if its the right location but obviously a cattery closer to home is better for her. Thanks for that.

She is going to visit The Meadows Cattery tomorrow (its the only FAB listed one in Bucks) to have a gander, but if she has some choices it wil be ideal.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 17:02:53 PM »
Ivy Lane is probably no good then - Beaconsfield is around 30 miles from Great Brickhill - 1 hours travelling due to country roads etc  Dawn F is High Wycombe way which according to google maps is only 6 miles or so, hopefully she'll see this and be able to recommend somwhere.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 16:52:01 PM »
Just the person I was hoping would read this!  ;D Yes it's the precocious precious Pippa who will traumatise the staff.

My sis is looking to move to either Beaconsfield or close by. I'll look up their phone number and pass it on.

Thanks Helen, your recommendation is perfect!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 16:49:39 PM »
I went and looked at two that were recommended to me only yesterday as although I'd prefer a petsitter if it's for the odd night or two I'd wanted  the security of a cattery for longer holidays and I've just booked my summer holiday  :wow:

The 'winner' was Ivy Lane cattery in Great Brickhill.  It's cat only (no dogs), purpose built, very secure, very clean, nice spacious runs with an indoor and outdoor section.  The owner was happy for me to turn up and inspect it with no notice (just travelling time from my home).  They don't have a website but your sister would obviously want to have a look in person before the precious Pippa (or is it the sister with Spencer?) was entrusted into their care.

Don't know how close it is in relation to where she's moving to as Bucks is a fairly large county - what town is she moving to?

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Buckinghamshire peeps....Catteries.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 16:38:26 PM »
Hi - for anyone in Bucks:

my sister will be moving to the county in the next few weeks and she's on the lookout for a good cattery in the area. She's happy to travel a bit if necessary. There is one that is FAB listed and looks nice, but if you know of others that you would highly recommend, then please let me know.

Also, please do not name any catteries on this thread publicly if you haven't had a good experience with them, so as to not be a name and shame issue, though please do PM me!  ;)

Thanks I do appreciate it!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 16:42:21 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Link to CatChat