Author Topic: My Friends "throw away cats"  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: My Friends "throw away cats"
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
It's disgusting and heartbreaking that some people see animals as a disposable commodity.  My mum's neighbour was like that with dogs.  Always having them put to sleep for one reason or another and quickly acquiring another one.  It broke my mum's heart.  A previous neighbour of my daughter's was also the same and had several healthy and lovely dogs pts.

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 21:06:12 PM »
Well as much as it is annoying, at least she did the right thing by handing them over to Foal Farm, rather than just dump them somewhere for them to fend for themselves. Just maybe now they will have worthwhile lives with new people who will take the responsibility of looking after animals seriously. Not to mention the fact that the cats are probably over the moon to have moved on.....

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 18:21:15 PM »
Reminds me of someone I know who has gone through 5 dogs in the space of less than a year.. The last one she got while she was pregnant, and got rid of it ''because she was about to have a baby''. I offered to take the dog to the Mayhew Animal Home to guarantee him going to a good home, but she wanted £ for him, so simply put an ad up on ''that'' website. This was probably less than 3 weeks ago, and I just saw he is back for sale on the very same website.... (I emailed the new owner and said I knew the dog, and I can take him but no reply... again they are selling him for ££).
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 16:18:46 PM »
You should ask them "well then if your child wets the bed you would get rid of the kid too?"

And if their reply is "OH, you are comparing my child to a cat!!   It's JUST A CAT!!", then they clearly fail to qualify for a pet ownership.

(you can also ask anyone who consider declawing, too... "would you chop off your son's legs so he won't run around causing mischieves?" and the same follows.)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 16:05:31 PM »
Well my Zubin P's up the corners. but I would never in a millions years rehome him. I weould rather chop my arm off, my babes mean the world to me.

Paul had a great idea yeaterday *faints*
I bought a new plastic carpet protector for the dining room - mucky kitty paw prints from the garden.

Paul said - buy another and cut it up and place it in the corners. If Zubi P's it will be ok as it will be easy cleaning  ;D , so there are ways.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 16:03:50 PM »
People like that make me mad  >:(

You might remember my friend who gave up one of her cats to FoalFarm because she was wetting in the house (i was not impressed)

Yes I do remember that :(  I suppose in a way it's good if she has no pets now.  I just hope she doesn't decide to get a new kitten (which she will probably discard at the first hint of trouble)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 15:41:22 PM »
I think it would be a case of don't call me, I'll call you as far as that 'friend' is concerned. How irresponsible is that!!  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 15:36:12 PM »
Hopefully she hasn't got kittens now  >:(

I know it's horrible but if she is that bad, they are better off going somewhere they will be loved  :hug:

ex-friend? - she sounds horrible
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 15:34:52 PM »
Thats awful, to give up a cat for no reason other than that they require further litter training!! Makes me angry!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
My Friends "throw away cats"
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 15:32:00 PM »
You might remember my friend who gave up one of her cats to FoalFarm because she was wetting in the house (i was not impressed)
WELL -

her other 2 cats are now on the FoalFarm website  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I am spitting feathers here, I am sooooooooooooooooooooo angry :censored:

Link to CatChat