Author Topic: Feeding two Kittens  (Read 2113 times)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Re: Feeding two Kittens
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 15:51:43 PM »
Would this be ok, or should they have seperate bowls for biscuits too, although I cant monitor this all the time anyway.

I'm so glad you asked that! I was just about to ask the same thing!  :)

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »
my 10 month old kittens share everything . One is smaller than the other but thats just the way they are naturally. The only time Id consider separate bowls would be if they for some reason had to be fed different diets.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 12:20:23 PM »
I have double bowls for dried food. with different variety of dried food in.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:45:03 AM »
My kittens share everything - wet, dry water and milk and so far they are thriving
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35:43 AM »
You must be Sooo excited!  I know I would be! :)

one thing to consider, once you have them home, is that if one of them will just eat and eat either don't leave a full bowl of biscuits down or just put out a small amount every now and again.

Kittens overeating is a common problem and can lead to problems with their stomach and bowel if you don't monitor what they are eating.

look forward to piccies of the little ones!  ;)

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 17:22:11 PM »
I've always given the boys a separate bowl for wet food each and a shared biccie bowl which is out all the time.  I wouldn't be overly worried about the sizes and whether the big one will nick his sisters food,  Lucas has always been quite a bit smaller than Riley ever since they were babies but he always eats his superfast so Riley doesn't get a look in for any extras  :evillaugh: 

Seeing as you're getting organised, if you find out what they're being fed on you can get some in to make sure they don't have any tummy troubles in the first few days.  If you want to switch over to a different food then do it when they've been with you around a week, gradually start mixing in a little more of the 'new' food in each day.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 13:43:20 PM »
I usually just have one big bowl of biscuits left out for mine. When I had kittens here we had 2 bowls of biscuits out for the 2 adults and 3 kittens and there were no problems.

What are your kittens going to be called, what colour are they, how old are they and do you have any pics of them for us to see?  ;D
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline lollylou

• Adult Cat
Feeding two Kittens
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 09:19:28 AM »
Hi all,

I have two kittens joining our home at the end of april, so I am getting prepared...(yes I am very organised)  :shy:

I am going to get them each a seperate feeding bowl for their main meals, that can be moved away from each other
if need be to ensure they both get a good meal (the brother is bigger than the sister so want to ensure he doesn't steal
her food) and will watch over them when eating their main wet meals, but wondering what you all thought about a large shared bowl for biscuits that will be left down all day.
Would this be ok, or should they have seperate bowls for biscuits too, although I cant monitor this all the time anyway.

I have only ever had one cat before not two, are they ok sharing a biscuit bowl...otherwise my kitchen floor will have loads of bowls everywhere  :shocked:

:hug: :thanks:

Link to CatChat