Author Topic: Some of Caroline's menagerie  (Read 2463 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Some of Caroline's menagerie
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 09:03:37 AM »
I heard yesterday that Caroline has decided to make Teddie a permanent resident  :). She thought her husband, Neil was wavering last week and Teddie has worked his magic. Such a change from the neglected cat with a mouth full of bad teeth that Julie rescued a while back  :Luv2:.

Such a shame about Ticco but she couldn't have been in a better place for her last days.  :Luv2:

I wish I had my camera yesterday as the dogs have just had a haircut  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:07:45 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 22:27:08 PM »
Thanks Mary  ;D

She is!  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 23:00:39 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 21:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the info Mark.  God bless Caroline, she's more than a star she's a first class angel.  :hug:

The photos are great.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 21:37:57 PM »
Aw bless....what a lovely furry family she has!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 19:39:22 PM »
And she makes nice sandwiches  :)

Teddy has opted for the kitchen table in front of the Aga  :innocent:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 19:40:42 PM by Mark »

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 19:37:59 PM »
Just want to add Caroline is a star.. She is a real assett to this branch and has a cool head and manner and is used to dealing with really diff choices and decisions. Without her Ticco would of had not choice but to leave out aher time in a pen or be PTS and Teddy would of been miserable. .We also needed someone to give Charlie his meds at certain times of the day and thats not been possible with some fosterers who work.

She is a real pivotial part of our branch and we all think she is great!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 19:23:20 PM »
She sounds like another Jill (oldies Jill currently feeding our her two babes.
She was a matron before ME caused her an early retirement - perhaps they should swap phone numbers  :naughty:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 18:19:10 PM »
Tico and Teddy are wonderful and I have such a soft spot for greys blues  ;D

What Ican't get over is it seems the elderly and sick ones are usually the ones that purr and nuzzle and are just so grateful for a fuss  :Luv2:

I commented on Teddy's wobbly leg and Caroline said I would probably have a wobbly leg too if I was 100  :-[

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 18:48:50 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 18:09:20 PM »
She is a darling - She loves you to death  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 18:11:02 PM by Mark »

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 18:08:09 PM »
Awww they are gorgeous  :Luv2:

Mia is a sweetheart  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 18:03:17 PM »
Tico and Teddy are wonderful and I have such a soft spot for greys blues  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 17:00:02 PM »
Caroline multitasks  :evillaugh:

She is one of the CP committee as well as being our branch welfare person. She used to be a paediatric nurse. She also fosters - more than one at a time usually. Caroline is also the self-nominated  kitten lady, feeding hourly round the clock at times. Usually, the terminal and elderly cases stay with Caroline where they are treated as her own. She has an outdoor pen but is loathe to use it as she will always have the cats in the house as long as they are happy. For some reason, whatever cats & dogs she has in always get on. She often does her own vet runs as well. She hosts some of the meetings in her house and weather permitting, garden. She is a star  :Luv2:

We were talking about cats on tables & worktops and Caroline says it's impossible to keep them off.
Her sister won't eat anything in her house in case she catches something  :evillaugh: - Caroline's house is spotless and she does the same as me - let the cats do whatever they want and disinfect tops if you are going to use them  :Luv2:

We think Tico definitely has some oriental in her. Also I think Teddy has a face like a Persian. 

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 17:32:01 PM by Mark »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 16:09:23 PM »
All lovely BUT I love Teddy more.  From the look of his face he is saying "take one more photo of me and I'll shove it down your throat"!

Mark,. I've heard you mention Caroline before, always meant to ask who she is, so................ who is she?  I'm presume someone who rescues cats with you.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 15:34:40 PM »
What a lovely bunch

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Some of Caroline's menagerie
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 14:03:58 PM »
There are more but they were either sleeping or being unsociable  :evillaugh:

Black & White is Charlie - Diabetic cat (Pics on Charlie's thread)
Grey is Tico - Sharon posted about Tico. She was found in a hedge and not expected to live but pulled through. She has a massive liver tumour and had 600ml of fluid drained She is a little purrball and loves her sleep
Teddy (I think that's his name now)  is the tabby PB rescued recently who is 15-20 years old and has liver problems and a dodgy leg. He has just had a Major dental and is a big baby who loves to hang over Caroline's shoulder. I was rubbing faces with him. He is so affectionate and although he looks grumpy, he isn't at all  :Luv2:  :Luv2:. Both Tico & Teddy will spend the rest of their days warm, loved and well fed with Caroline  :Luv2:

Last but not least, Carolines 2 dogs. The little grey one is called Mia (I forget the other ones name  :shy: )

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 14:09:36 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat