Author Topic: Jess was admitted to the vets yesterday  (Read 7101 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Jess was admitted to the vets yesterday
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 13:35:21 PM »
Give the little man a big :cuddle: from us. Lexy know's what Jess is going through, but being a girl she knows she got off lightly in comparison. Hope he gets home soon to you.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »
Thanks everyone  :Luv:

We've been to see him this morning, and he was thrilled to see us, the VN's said he had been pretty miserable till then, he looks quite bright eyed. His still on a drip and hadn't eaten his renal food, but whilst we were there he did eat some.

The catheter is likely to come out tomorrow but he'll have to wee on his own before coming home.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
Poor Jess and poor you, but well done you for reacting so fast. Hope he's back to his normal self asap.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
Poor Jess  :hug:  It sounds like he's in good hands now though so should be fine.  It's so important to catch a potential blockage early so well done for spotting the symptoms and acting so promptly.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Awww, well done you for catching this so early  :hug:

Jess will be fine, try not to worry  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
Aww, glad you caught it soon, fingers crossed for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
Hope Jess is feeling better!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 08:48:14 AM »
I agree - Sounds like the vets will have made him comfortable and he will be fine  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 08:43:56 AM »
Hope Jess is better today and manages a pee.  Great that you were so vigilant and saved the day.  Big hug to you both  :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Jess was admitted to the vets yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 08:33:41 AM »
Yesterday morning everything was fine, then I realised that Jess had been in his litter tray for a while, we kept an eye out and he was in there about 10 minutes, quickly decided to take him to the vets. coaxed him out and he had hardly passed any urine, this worried me as I knew the cystitis had gone to the next level which could mean his bladder was blocked.

Saw the vet who was concerned and sent us straight to the hospital (our vets is a branch surgery) we had to pop home first as we don't drive to get a taxi, got home and Jess wouldn't come out of his vet box and Milo was licking his head so they knew something was up.

Got to the vets who were brilliant, he was admitted straight away, they sedated him and insterted a catheter, his bladder was quite full but we were VERY lucky we caught it in time, (the vet couldn't believe we had caught it so early) his kidneys and potassium levels are fine and we're waiting for the urine results.

The vets called us 3 hours after he was admitted and told us he was fine coming round from the sedation. I called last night and the duty nurse said he was a bit miserable and hadn't eaten the renal food (he won't touch the stuff so not surprised). We're hoping to go and see him this morning.

Milo has been really good, his looked for Jess but has been eating and is very clingy, I'm a mess I'm very scared and I miss him alot, just want him home. He'll be at the vets for at least 48 horus and they won't realise him till his urinated on his own.

Link to CatChat