Author Topic: Mayhew animal home - cat beds needed  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mayhew animal home - cat beds needed
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »
Sorry MM , i know this is not about cat beds , but it some how relates to Mayhew and i have been supporting mayhew for many years but lately i have been very disappointed with the way they have been dealing with their rehoming and also ferals, and other cases !

Thats ok   ;D

I can understand them wanting to monitor Flynn if he has been that ill, i hope he is allowed to go back to your neighbour, afterall that is the home he chose for himself so must be a nice one  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:08:50 AM »
And there was me thinking that rescues do the best they can for cats - how wrong was I?. The poor cat is probably miserable and worse off  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:00:11 AM »
From what Pav has told me I think what the Mayhew are doing is inexcusable.  Flyn was being well looked after by Pav's neighbour and Pav, receiving vet treatment etc.  How life in a pen being "monitored" for 4 weeks will do a cat with a heart problem any good is beyond me. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 00:09:41 AM »
This is so sad and so many excuses they are coming up with.

I cant understand what they are doing. Surely if owner is signing him back then a new owner should be a godsend to them and the new owners vets will get him treated. I just dont understand this at all.

Poor Flyn and he surely would be more happy with your neighbour than at mmayhew, like you say.

yes I do remember about Mr Tramp and the caravan and neighbour...............I wonder if Mr Tramp belonged to him at sometime too.

I am so sorry cos you are under enough strain already  :hug: :hug:

Tonight all these threads are getting to me cos it seems that so many rescues dont really care about the cats, just a fast buck!

Sorry you prob wont understand that comment cos it relates to a totally different thread.

Feel like i just want to stick my head in the sand and hide.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 22:29:40 PM »
Yes Gill, we had to take him back last week :(

I had a call from mayhew 2 weeks ago saying that they would like to have Flyn back cos he has some heart problem and has to be under medication, so i called them and said shame the owner didnt care enough to make proper arrangement while he was staying in hospital and i got the same respond which was, the owner asked the neighbour and daughter to leave food for him every day ! Fora cat who has heart problem, and then after two months they call me and say >:( >:( Thats when i asked my neighbour to take him to the vet i am using for Boy and Phoebe cos i thought they might not check his chip!! And we can have him checked and treated for everything. The vet did check for chip and we told him the story, its in Boy tread what was said, any how my neighbour called may hew and asked if she can foster him and give him all his med cos being in a cabin will make him depress but they said their vet has to see him and check him and now the owner who loves him very much think he cant look after Flyn any more and wants to sign him back so there is a chance for my neighbour, so we went 10 days ago to may hew and they said they will get the vet to check him and put him back on heart med and when my neighbour went to see him few days later she was told that Flyn doesnt react to sedative well and now they want to keep him for further 4 weeks to monitor him :(???

By the way they gave a form to my neighbour that day and the address af the owner was on that! Flyn comes from the house which the caravan is parked outside it and MR TRAMP sleeps there, i dont know if you remember but i mentioned in MR Tramp tread i didnt want to approach the people there cos  wasnt sure if it makes it worse for him! The place looks bad from out side , broken window and ...  not judging the owner but if he asked neighbours to feed poor Flyn, i am not surprised the poor cat didnt want to go back .

Sorry MM , i know this is not about cat beds , but it some how relates to Mayhew and i have been supporting mayhew for many years but lately i have been very disappointed with the way they have been dealing with their rehoming and also ferals, and other cases !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 20:23:44 PM »
Flyn?  Isnt that the cat that your neighbour took in?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 20:11:16 PM »
Cool! Im sure it will soon be snoozed in  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 20:08:01 PM »
Thanks MM, i still have Jim's bed which is in very good condition , and am going to Mayhew this weekend to visit Flyn, so i take it with me. :thanks:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Mayhew animal home - cat beds needed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 19:58:14 PM »
I get an email every so often from them and theres an appeal for cat beds:

Finally, just a quick note to mention cats at The Mayhew. Our current supply of cat beds is beginning to running low and we're keen to receive donations of any new cat beds, or good condition used ones. If you're able to donate a cat bed, please drop it into our reception or if you're able to donate a number of them please contact our Cattery Supervisor Jean Andrews. Many thanks.

http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/

Link to CatChat