Author Topic: The CRF rollercoaster  (Read 10169 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: The CRF rollercoaster
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 11:01:08 AM »
I'm glad he's eaten something today.  Fingers crossed he gets better soon and he's just under the weather today.  That's what Jaffa was like on Friday but he was fine by the next day.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:58:15 AM »
Hopefully he isn't but it's hard to tell. He has an indoor tray and an outdoor one but he seems to prefer the lawn (or the patch of scrubby grass that passes for one)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 08:56:16 AM »
I am glad he has managed to eat something.  Is he constipated?  Hope he feels better as the day progresses.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 08:53:13 AM »
Hope Clapton is ok, and just feeling a little off colour today  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
Thanks everyone. We couldn't find him this morning and eventually found him under the radiator in the dining room which is usually reserved for when there are workmen in. He isn't 100% but he has eaten 1/2 pouch felix beef in jelly which is one of his favourites. I offered him some chicken - partly so he would take his pill but he won't eat it. I wonder if it smells different to him as it's free range corn fed rather than regular free range. I will see how he goes this morning and speak to the vet. I will put some SEB on his food later. He hasn't had the nausea and sickness for months. It crossed my mind that when a cat has a particular illness, we tend to put everything down to that but it could be something else and he is just having an off day - he has been eating more than all the other cats for months now and has even developed a little paunch so it seems quite sudden. Yesterday he even had his usual 2-pouch breakfast and a couple more during the day. I will just keep an eye on him.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:24:26 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:16:35 AM »
Mark,just to see how is Clapton today? :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 08:02:41 AM »
Do you have any SEB in Mark? He might just be feeling a bit nauseous.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 08:00:47 AM »
Mark I hope Clapton is better this morning.  I am thinking about you both  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 00:40:54 AM »
Oh Mark, i really hope Clapton feels better in the morning. :hug: :hug:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 00:32:03 AM »
Poor boy, hope he feels better too

:hug:
Jas

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
The CRF rollercoaster
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 00:03:36 AM »
Clapton will always perk up for chicken. Especially on the odd occasion he hasn't had it for a couple of days. He went into the spare room in the basement tonight and won't come out. He is still purring when I give him a cuddle but as soon as I stop, he curls back into a tight ball and seems really withdrawn. I try not to react to much as he often springs back but this doesn't seem right. Lets hope he is OK in the morning. Usually chicken is my only hope of giving him his fortekor  :(

Link to CatChat