Author Topic: How many of your cats share Bengal breed traits?  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: How many of your cats share Bengal breed traits?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 08:29:55 AM »
Mine have the Bengal trait - but then again they are Pure Pedigree Bengals  :sneaky:

Noisey, very active, highly intilegent, fast, love food, naughty and vey loving. Big and muscular stature, spotty tums, and just fabulous.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 16:51:31 PM »
I dont think any trait is personal to a breed, just traits of being a cat.

My Harry loves water and he is very energetic, all of my cats have silky coats I just think it's their diet.

I would agree with that.
Spike is chatty and slim like a siamese but i know his parents are feral cats  :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 12:37:29 PM »
I dont think any trait is personal to a breed, just traits of being a cat.

My Harry loves water and he is very energetic, all of my cats have silky coats I just think it's their diet.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »
Quite a few breeds have similar traits.  Lots of breeds like water (including Somalis) and are very energetic.  But nothing is impossible.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »
Our Burmese is very energetic. To the point I almost got a bengal to keep up with her but my husband wasn't keen on paying that much for any cat.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
How many of your cats share Bengal breed traits?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »
This is something I'm quite interested in. No one know's what Memphis' parentage is, except for his parents and possibly the humans who own either/both of his parents. I know a litter can have to different dads etc. His litter was made up of 2 B&W's, 5 tabbys. Everyone said there was something exotic in them, even the vet and the vets nurse. This was because of the markings, ears and eyes ... they just didn't look like 'normal' kittens. The rescue were pretty convinced they were crosses or some sort.

Fast Forward 6 months and Memphis shares all the characteristics/personality of a Bengal  :-:  http://www.bengalcatclub.co.uk/aboutbengals.asp <--- that could be written about Memph. Apart from the spots lol, but he does have a stripey head if you look carefully  :evillaugh: It's quite scary how alike he is to that description ... he even has a silky feel to his coat. This has been pointed out by a number of visitors. I have a friend who has a bengal and her and Memph could be related they are so similar.

I know Bengals are unique but I'm just wondering how many people's cats share the Bengal traits ... I know several here are obsessed with water. I'm just wondering if its possible he has Bengal in him like many people have suspected or whether he's perfectly normal. He's not like any kitten I've ever known .. but obviously every kitten has their own unique personality it could just be a fluke his personality matches that of a Bengal.

I don't care what he is because he's my boy, I just get curious about what his parents looked like.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Link to CatChat