Author Topic: Hospital cat!  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hospital cat!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 00:15:58 AM »
I am trying hard not to be rude about the Welsh Health Service but its impossible so I better just leave  :censored: :censored: :censored:

cat man do

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 22:02:07 PM »
With the NHS contracting cleaning nowadays and it no longer being in house mostly, that cat is probably the cleanest thing there.

In my local hospital, all the cleaners are foreign and look dejected. The wage they get reflects the cleanliness.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 20:12:11 PM »
What would Rentakill do?

Jill (my mate of the oldies) onced stopped a rent okill van that had trapped a couple of cats in the hospital that shewas at. She blocked the van in as the man insisted that he had to take the cats he'd trapped and pts them.

She wouldn't let him go until he handed the cats over....

army barracks  sometimes resort to putting down cannisters of poisonous gas.

What ???
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 18:38:35 PM »
What would Rentakill do?

Jill (my mate of the oldies) onced stopped a rent okill van that had trapped a couple of cats in the hospital that shewas at. She blocked the van in as the man insisted that he had to take the cats he'd trapped and pts them.

She wouldn't let him go until he handed the cats over....

army barracks  sometimes resort to putting down cannisters of poisonous gas.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 18:37:28 PM »
He made me laugh because he reminds me of a large ginger cat called Spike who used to live nextdoor to me ... Spike would regularly wander into the local pub and sit on their chairs and not understand what the fuss was about  :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 18:23:21 PM »
Well I work in a hospital and I can tell you that cat looks cleaner than some of the members of public that pass through our department.

That's what I was thinking  :rofl:  Given that it's an A&E dept they're talking about, I think the cat is the least of anyone's worries.

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 18:20:03 PM »
When I had my first hospital job, Matron (yes the old fashioned all powerful one-and-only matron, not the ones they have now) had a cat that used to sprawl on the floor outside her office.  It was the biggest cat I've ever seen, grossly overweight, but nobody dared complain  ;)
My first ever cat came from that hospital.  She was a feral kitten, not fully weaned, and her mother had been caught and killed by a trap in the cellar that was supposedly intended for rats  :(  She was so small I could sit her on my palm and still see the edges of my hand but was she fierce - I have to admit I was scared of her that first night.  She was absolutely full of fleas and every night I would sit combing her because none of the flea products could be used on such a young kitten.  You wouldn't believe the size of the piles of eggs I got off her.  Later I fumigated the house and nearly suffocated my mum in the process.  Wuzzy lived to be nearly 17 and although she was fine with us she never lost her feral instincts.  The vet who spayed her gave me a lesson in how to take stitches out so I wouldn't have to take her back  :Crazy:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 18:13:12 PM »
What would Rentakill do?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 17:58:41 PM »
TBH, I think most hospitals just call rent-o-kill in :censored:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 17:43:15 PM »
Well I work in a hospital and I can tell you that cat looks cleaner than some of the members of public that pass through our department. Getting them to wear clean clothes would help  and having a wash would be even better :rofl:   

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Hospital cat!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 16:41:59 PM »

Link to CatChat