Author Topic: Cats and carrier bags!  (Read 3818 times)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Re: Cats and carrier bags!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 23:43:15 PM »
Bertie didn't have a preference for carrier bag colours but he always did the same thing - went inside and curled up for a wee sleep. or would stick his head in and bottom half out - always like he thought we couldn't see him. almost wish I had got my babe a wee cat tent from ikea as he prob would have loved it - just bought one for the new arrivals coming and feel a bit guilty!!

Will let you know there bag preference as soon as its known!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 23:09:06 PM »
Well we now have a rival for the Sainsbury's carrier bags.  Holland and Barratt (dark green) is proving very popular  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 17:21:37 PM »
you're all mean!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 17:09:07 PM »
When I remember, plastic bags go straight into the plastic bag dispenser so they are available when needed. When I don't remember, they often lie around for days without anyone paying attention (me included). BUT, when my ocado delivery arrives and there are plastic bags everywhere and some have interesting smells and they are all in unusual places and they rattle and rustle and fly up into the air - ohhhhhhhh then the fun begins  ;D

Yeah....but how do the cats act?  :naughty:

I was sorta asleep this morning for my post....I can see how excited you get when the Ocado delivery comes.....so I had visions of you all excitied!  :naughty:....glad the cats have fun also!  ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 15:30:37 PM »
Its a good idea to cut the handles, Spike got attacked by a bag monster and i ended up with a whirlwind of cats flying around the walls and Taz repeatedly flinging himself at the window like a crazed beast trying to escape the monster   :scared: :scared:
The monster was a paper monsoon bag and Spike had put his head through the handle. There wasnt a danger of him strangling himself but it made a hell of a mess  :tired:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 14:35:24 PM »
I have major issues with Bilbo in that he takes recycling carrier bags to an extreme and eats them or in fact anything plastic left lying around  :Crazy: I found half a nappy bag lying on the floor the other day that he had stolen and then eaten half of. I have to make sure that any plastic bags are immediately put in a different room to him as I'd hate for him to end up ill because of it.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 14:32:16 PM »
Here it's Tescos ones to play with and Clinton ones to sit in.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 12:09:11 PM »
As you can see Korky loves carrier bags.  The one in my signature pic is also a Sainsbury's but an old one where only the writing is orange.  I don't think he has any real colour preference.  I have one of those tube things for putting used carriers in and if I forget to put it in the cupboard one of his favourite tricks is to pull loads and loads of bags out, shuffle them around abit then settle down to sleep in the middle. If there's only one bag he likes to get inside it to sleep and I'm always worried he'll suffocate himself so he only gets to play with his favourite 'toy' by accident.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »
Amber isnt bothered about carrier bags she prefers boxes or material bags. Mogs does tend to like them but seems to prefer the bags for life as they have nice thick handles for her to chew. I have to admit my worst night of sleep was when I bought a new flat pack bookcase which was layed on a plastic sheet over night as it was rained on. Both cats spent the whole night sliding up and down the plastic and having a great time.
love
Tab

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »
Licia, I think you should buy a harness to take Oliver out for a walk - not a carrier bag  :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

Bonnie doesn't bother with them but if I gave a supermarket one (which are more flimsey) to Smudge he would lay down and rip it apart with his teeth and claws and the back feet would go ten to the dozen and similar to Mark - If I left one on the floor too long with anything in it - he would spray on it!  Maybe it's something they are made out of and the smell attracts them.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Both they and the dog go crazy - they run around, rush into bags and turn around with the bag wrapped around their head, and leap onto them from great heights and the dog starts joining in the fun and I have to lock them all out of the room until order is restored (there, satisified?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
When I remember, plastic bags go straight into the plastic bag dispenser so they are available when needed. When I don't remember, they often lie around for days without anyone paying attention (me included). BUT, when my ocado delivery arrives and there are plastic bags everywhere and some have interesting smells and they are all in unusual places and they rattle and rustle and fly up into the air - ohhhhhhhh then the fun begins  ;D

Yeah....but how do the cats act?  :naughty:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 09:26:37 AM »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:11:47 AM »
Maybe he's colour co-ordinate!  :evillaugh:

Here's Gizzy as a kitten.....

Here's Gizzy when older......

His must be blue ones!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 09:13:17 AM by Bazsmum »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 00:02:08 AM »
But the crucial question is, do other cats have a colour preference?  ;D  The orange sainsbury's bags get a lot more play our of Mosi than your common Tesco or Asda carrier bag!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 00:01:37 AM »
Willow loves carrier bags - she pees on them  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 23:53:52 PM »
No, he is most definatley not alone....when we adopted Skye, we were told she was scared of plastic bags.....apparently, this was some new usage of "scared" that I was unfamiliar with, as she spent the last couple of days playing with one, by planting her front paws on it, and running along with her back legs, scooting across the laminate like an improvised skateboard :evillaugh:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 23:40:30 PM »
We don't have any Sainsbury's bag around but we have plenty others around, and Mosi is not alone, here is one consequence of him being too curious at the bag... :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Cats and carrier bags!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 23:15:27 PM »
My hyperactive little Mosi, bless him (he's been awake and lively for all but 5 of the last 24 hours  :Crazy: ), is obsessed with carrier bags.  He can't let one go without having a good old play and chew.  However, Sainsbury's carrier bags are in another league to all the rest.  They are the bees knees as far as Mosi is concerned.  Is it the colour? (they are orange) or do they taste different to the others?  Anyone else found this?  He really is obsessed with Sainsbury's carrier bags.  He can play for hours with one.

Link to CatChat